• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

»» February Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Isn't there some of those countries where they can drink at 12? That's what I heard...I think it was Turkey or Azerbaijan; I'm not too sure... :\ Either way, in many 'developing' nations, they're always little kids smoking. Not good! :(
    That's also crazy.... XD
    Referring to Wikipedia, the legal drinking age in Russia is 18 as most countries.

Maybe this can be useful?
    So a number of countries dont have legal drinking ages... that's interesting.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    It is intertesting, huh? Seems that countries without a legal drinking age require people to reach a certain age just to purchase it. Maybe we should all follow the Sharia Law. Hehe. :P

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    It is intertesting, huh? Seems that countries without a legal drinking age require people to reach a certain age just to purchase it. Maybe we should all follow the Sharia Law. Hehe. :P

XD, well that is funny that they arent at the same age.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Either way, in many 'developing' nations, they're always little kids smoking. Not good! :(

Dude, that happens in england too, regularly, I know atleast 8 9-12 year olds who are smoking more than two a day =/

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Two cigarettes isn't bad, but for a 9-12 year old....not a good sign. They'll probably end up smoking a pack a day in their twenties. =X

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Smoking and drinking are two habits I'm not going to get hooked on. For one cigarettes cost a ton, could give you a heart attack, as well as other nasty things. Getting drunk you'll likely do things you wish you didn't, and if you drive drunk you could end up killing yourself and others. So yea, it's stuff I'll stay away from.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Alcohol can be good in small quantities, but I don't really plan to drink like ... ever, just due to the fact that your liver doesn't stop growing till you're 21, so drinking when your young could really affect it.

hehehe, and I think in Italy and some other nations you can get beer at Macca's XD;;

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Smoking;s a no for me, tried it a few times, never liked it. Drinking isn't something I do regularly these days, sure I have a pint every now and again, but it's only at parties i get drunk, I've never regretted anything I've done whilst "under the influence"

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    Smoking and drinking are two habits I'm not going to get hooked on. For one cigarettes cost a ton, could give you a heart attack, as well as other nasty things. Getting drunk you'll likely do things you wish you didn't, and if you drive drunk you could end up killing yourself and others. So yea, it's stuff I'll stay away from.
    Hmm... out of those, the one I hate most is cigarettes. I despise them so, SO much. My mum smokes quite a lot and it makes me sick to know that she's killing herself right infront of me. And in fact, I'm passive smoking when she smokes in the house, so it's not doing me much good either. Drinking is also bad, but if you drink in small quantities and watch yourself, you'll be okay. There isn't, however, anything good about cigarettes at all. I think it's stupid and the government should just ban it completely...although, they're not going to do that because they make so much profit out of it.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Hmm... out of those, the one I hate most is cigarettes. I despise them so, SO much. My mum smokes quite a lot and it makes me sick to know that she's killing herself right infront of me. And in fact, I'm passive smoking when she smokes in the house, so it's not doing me much good either. Drinking is also bad, but if you drink in small quantities and watch yourself, you'll be okay. There isn't, however, anything good about cigarettes at all. I think it's stupid and the government should just ban it completely...although, they're not going to do that because they make so much profit out of it.

Agreed.

I tell Mom to stop and stop because not only is she going to end up orphaning me [my father will die of smoking first], she'll end up killing me, AND herself.

The unfortunate thing is banning would do nothing, it'd probably make things worse, look at the 20s, the Prohibition never stopped people from getting drunk.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I've tried a cigarette before, but since then I haven't had another because I don't want to kill myself. My sister started smoking when she was 13, my mum started smoking when she was 15 and still does; I'm glad that my sister is starting to cut down the number of cigarettes she smokes a day. But there's no way to stop my mum from smoking now, she tried to stop smoking once, but a few weeks later she started smoking them again.

It's not very good for me and my younger sister's health either, since we both have asthma. Whenever my mum smokes I always ask her to smoke out of the room I'm in or something.

Cloud_boy

FML
    Years
    man, It's been a while since I posted.

Anyways, I actually hate any SOB that drinks and drives, since it was alchool that took my real parents away and landed me in that orphanage.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    No, you're not. Everyone has, to some degree.

It doesn't make me hate a whole bunch of people. I could say I hated anyone with AIDS, but I don't.

Cloud_boy

FML
    Years
    No, you're not. Everyone has, to some degree.

It doesn't make me hate a whole bunch of people. I could say I hated anyone with AIDS, but I don't.

Like I said, I only hate them if they drive, I really could care less what they do otherwise.

Now, hating people with aids, that is just mean and immoral. They are perfectly normal otherwise, and people who discriminate against them are evil. But not you , though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    -Jumping in randomly-

I don't hate people. I just have stong urges to scream at them...

XDD, I prefer to annoy people than hate, though people normally think the oppisite or something.

I do hate mums that make their parents look after their children, now that is something that I could hate everyone for.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I've tried a cigarette before, but since then I haven't had another because I don't want to kill myself. My sister started smoking when she was 13, my mum started smoking when she was 15 and still does; I'm glad that my sister is starting to cut down the number of cigarettes she smokes a day. But there's no way to stop my mum from smoking now, she tried to stop smoking once, but a few weeks later she started smoking them again.

It's not very good for me and my younger sister's health either, since we both have asthma. Whenever my mum smokes I always ask her to smoke out of the room I'm in or something.

Peer Pressure, one of those things you can never abolish. =/

Sadly, it will go on. ;_;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back