• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

»» February Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
Years
  • Perhaps you should find some of those old threads and re-make them, or think of threads and make them. Maybe if the members see examples of what should be in OC they'll get ideas and make more threads like that. I don't know how well it'd work, but something is better than nothing.
    Yeah, but the thing is... even I don't know what kind of threads to make in OC that could bring life back to it. I really don't.

I know how that feels. Every once in awhile I'm like "you know, I haven't posted much in the past few days." I'll read but I won't find anything to post in. I think that's the problem -- in some places we just need more things to talk about, more threads, ect. Too bad I suck at ideas for threads.
    Haha, that's me all the time. My last post was on the 5th. XD Every couple of days I realize that I haven't posted in a while, so I come on trying to find something to post about... but then I find nothing. I wish I was more active than I am... I mean, I'm on PC almost all the time. I just never find chances to post, meh.

I just hope I'm one of those people that posts well in the DCC. I try to give decent length posts, I try to explain myself... but I don't know, my posts always seem short to me. But then again, that might be because of OVP. There's not much to talk about there. I'm used to topics where you can get away with a few lines of text for an answer. I guess that's a downfall of it. :/
    You're fine. XD Your posts are quite long, actually. Not every post in here has to look like the ones I used to make years ago... even I'm too lazy to type essay posts most of the time. XD

Years
  • Yeah, but the thing is... even I don't know what kind of threads to make in OC that could bring life back to it. I really don't.

Just look in OC. Click a random number, look at the decent threads, see if you can get any inspiration at all.

Yes, this is a random idea. But it sounds crazy enough to work, darnit. XD

Ashley said:
    Haha, that's me all the time. My last post was on the 5th. XD Every couple of days I realize that I haven't posted in a while, so I come on trying to find something to post about... but then I find nothing. I wish I was more active than I am... I mean, I'm on PC almost all the time. I just never find chances to post, meh.

That was me ages ago too. Then I went to OVP almost randomly. "Oh look, a forum, let's stalk it!" It worked for me. XD

At least you're on though. There's other people that just don't come on often at all... I'd rather see a person who's committed enough to come on daily who just can't post than a person who isn't committed at all. o.o;

Ashley said:
    You're fine. XD Your posts are quite long, actually. Not every post in here has to look like the ones I used to make years ago... even I'm too lazy to type essay posts most of the time. XD

Long? Are you sure about that? o_O But then again, my screen resolution is kind of large, so perhaps I get more characters on a line than other people will. /another random idea

Essay posts? x_X I couldn't do that unless I'm really passionate about something. Even then it might not be essay length. If it was, it'd probably be repetitive and/or a bunch of random babble. I wouldn't want that.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Yeah, during that downtime a lot of people just got fed up of PC being up for an hour then down for a further twleve. Although, a few of them have come back, but they just aren't as active as they used to be. Shame really, this time last year PC used to be pretty fun.

It really is a shame. The first year or so that I was here this place was extremely active. Not as much over the past 6 months though. =\

Drummershuff said:
    When that was actually happening the DCC was good fun. But it seems over the past two or so weeks people just aren't posting much, myself included. And it's not that I don't want to post... I just have no reason to. Hopefully when I'm off for half-term I'll actually make more than one post every two days because I do want to join in more conversations.

December and January were really active months, I thought. I think everyone is back to school now so activity has made a big drop. I know that's my reason for not being as active, anyway.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • Just look in OC. Click a random number, look at the decent threads, see if you can get any inspiration at all.

Yes, this is a random idea. But it sounds crazy enough to work, darnit. XD
    If I ever get really bored... maybe I'll do that. But even then, I'm not sure I'd find anything that would actually improve OC's situation.

That was me ages ago too. Then I went to OVP almost randomly. "Oh look, a forum, let's stalk it!" It worked for me. XD

At least you're on though. There's other people that just don't come on often at all... I'd rather see a person who's committed enough to come on daily who just can't post than a person who isn't committed at all. o.o;
    Stalking is fun. <3 And yeah, I suppose. It probably looks like I don't actually do anything as I'm online all the time and never post... XD But I guess that isn't so far from the truth anyway, heh. But yes, at least I try.

Long? Are you sure about that? o_O But then again, my screen resolution is kind of large, so perhaps I get more characters on a line than other people will. /another random idea

Essay posts? x_X I couldn't do that unless I'm really passionate about something. Even then it might not be essay length. If it was, it'd probably be repetitive and/or a bunch of random babble. I wouldn't want that.
    They're long enough. Each of your replies to my post were longer than mine, so yeah. XD;

And I should go through the old DCC and try to find some of my "essay" posts. Each post would take me, quite literally, at least fifteen minutes to type up... XD

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • December and January were really active months, I thought. I think everyone is back to school now so activity has made a big drop. I know that's my reason for not being as active, anyway.
    That could be why, but a lot of people that were posting this time last year, just don't come here at all anymore. School and college could be a reason, but I think it's more to do with the fact they've lost interest. If there were a proper conversation going I'd post more, so I can't say that I'm less active because of school. I still talk to a lot of people on MSN during the week and weekend as much as I used to during the holidays... but like I said, I'll be online a bit more next week due to half-term so maybe I'll post more.

And has anyone noticed how the main topic for the DCC at the moment is how un-active it is? :x

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I'd come here more often if it weren't for school... but then again, I'm in school right now!

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • That could be why, but a lot of people that were posting this time last year, just don't come here at all anymore. School and college could be a reason, but I think it's more to do with the fact they've lost interest. If there were a proper conversation going I'd post more, so I can't say that I'm less active because of school. I still talk to a lot of people on MSN during the week and weekend as much as I used to during the holidays... but like I said, I'll be online a bit more next week due to half-term so maybe I'll post more.

And has anyone noticed how the main topic for the DCC at the moment is how un-active it is? :x

I guess you're right. PC goes through spurts of activity as a whole though. =\

And yeah...how could anyone not notice.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • OC itself has died. All the threads there are copies of previous ones, and it's all news or tragic stores. It just needs one or two people to make good threads then people would contiune doing so... it's just knowing what threads to make.

No kidding, I even posted one. I never do that! I remember when OC was pretty active, not the most active forum ever, but active enough.

And the DCC, oh it was so fun. Especially when Matt and I "dominated" it. Everyone had fun then, I mean, there was a few troubles, but we all got over them and just continued with the fun. And there's was usually a post at least every two minutes during the day. Easy to keep up with, not too fast, not too slow.

Good ol' days.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    And the DCC, oh it was so fun. Especially when Matt and I "dominated" it. Everyone had fun then, I mean, there was a few troubles, but we all got over them and just continued with the fun. And there's was usually a post at least every two minutes during the day. Easy to keep up with, not too fast, not too slow.

Ahh, that was after I helped dominated it with one of the orignal groups of the eairly 2005 era. Those where the days.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    The "Mafia?" Yeah, I remember that. When they singled people out. Yeah, those weren't the days.

I wasn't apart of the 'Mafia'. They wouldn't let me in. I was one of the outsiders of that group that help keep the DCC alive, like you and others.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    The fact there was a "mafia" on a Pokemon forum is hilarious in it's own right, why would you wanna be part of something so silly and futile? Besides, they sound like bullies.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • The fact there was a "mafia" on a Pokemon forum is hilarious in it's own right, why would you wanna be part of something so silly and futile? Besides, they sound like bullies.

What? The 'Pokemon Community Mafia' doesn't intimidate you? XD

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    They mights quote me and change the words to make me look silly :o

The PC Mafia are truly a terrifying force to reckon with, well...about as terrifying as poached eggs.

Edit: Love the way there are members viewing the thread but not posting in what, 10 minutes? C'mon guys, let's get this chat, ya know, smokin'?

I fail at this lingo thing D:

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • You beat your arse there was a Mafia! And what an awesome gangba- I mean, mafia it twas! >:D [/cocky] But now it's gotten it's name a couple of extra meanings. No, we never 'singled' people out. Dawg, but because you weren't in it didn't mean we had anything against you ._.'' And yeah. It was just a group of the old DCC's fluffers and conversation starters. No more or less unless you plan to view it that way.

What? The 'Pokemon Community Mafia' doesn't intimidate you? XD
    Wow, that would have been an awesome quote to have in my sig if I wouldn't get thrown bricks for it.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    You mean you guys didn't have Tommy guns or Italian American accents?
    That's rain on my parade.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back