• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Username: Breezey
Partner Pokemon: Clefairy
Why you like Fairies: I suppose just saying "sooo cuutee~" isn't an answer, so I'll give ya more than that. Not only do Fairies provide a very, very much so needed balance to Dragon typing, but they're one of the few types that make sense in terms of type match up. Dare I say whoever came up with the Fairy typing actually put thought into it instead of just throwing it into the game?!
What Fairy dual typing do you wish they brought into the games? Fairy/Fire. I know, that'd be pretty broken--but not nearly as broken as Mega Mawile! Could you imagine a tiny little flame spirit, though? Maybe a little pixie like thing that has a fire necklace (not too dissimilar from Chikorita's bud necklace)? I dunno. I'm sure someone more creative than I could come up with something better.

Welcome aboard, Breezey! Hope you enjoy the cuteness that you are seeing a lot of here in the world of those pixely creatures aka Fairy Pokemon.

I have to agree with you on the fact that the type actually had effort put into its creation rather than just being well, there. The logic behind the weaknesses and advantages was also fun to read, particularly the Steel weakness which is a reference to "cold iron damaging faerie creatures" and the Poison weakness being based on the ties to nature that faeries have to the point that toxic substances make them dry up.

And yes, I would love to see a dual Fire/Fairy-type. Victini was quite a missed opportunity if you ask me. That said, enjoy your time in the club and answer any topics that you can!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Username: Breezey
Partner Pokemon: Clefairy
Why you like Fairies: I suppose just saying "sooo cuutee~" isn't an answer, so I'll give ya more than that. Not only do Fairies provide a very, very much so needed balance to Dragon typing, but they're one of the few types that make sense in terms of type match up. Dare I say whoever came up with the Fairy typing actually put thought into it instead of just throwing it into the game?!
What Fairy dual typing do you wish they brought into the games? Fairy/Fire. I know, that'd be pretty broken--but not nearly as broken as Mega Mawile! Could you imagine a tiny little flame spirit, though? Maybe a little pixie like thing that has a fire necklace (not too dissimilar from Chikorita's bud necklace)? I dunno. I'm sure someone more creative than I could come up with something better.

Clefairy's one good one! Interesting fact about Clefairy, she was suppose to be the mascot for the Pokémon franchise! Now imagine having a Fairy-type as a mascot would be an honor! ^_^ Clefable, which is Clefairy's evolution is quite reliable, people shouldn't let that pink and fairy wings fool them! {XD}

I wanted a Fairy/Fire too! That would make an interesting combo, she can work as a legendary or something like the Flabébé line, difficult to use at the beginning and reliable at the final stage, would be great!~

New topic:
What would you like to change from the Fairy-type?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
Clefairy's one good one! Interesting fact about Clefairy, she was suppose to be the mascot for the Pokémon franchise! Now imagine having a Fairy-type as a mascot would be an honor! ^_^ Clefable, which is Clefairy's evolution is quite reliable, people shouldn't let that pink and fairy wings fool them! {XD}

I wanted a Fairy/Fire too! That would make an interesting combo, she can work as a legendary or something like the Flabébé line, difficult to use at the beginning and reliable at the final stage, would be great!~

New topic:
What would you like to change from the Fairy-type?

I actually knew that about Clefairy! It's a shame they decided Clefairy was too cutesy for their mascot. Oh well. I do believe there's a manga with a trainer and their Clefairy that parodies Pokemon like none other.

What would you like to change from the Fairy-type
Their move pool. It's really a shame that the only really good offensive move they have is Moonblast and Play Rough and no really good defensive/status moves for them. I mean, I guess Charm is okay, but that was already a move that just got converted into Fairy type because "lol it's a cutesy move!" Geomancy would be great but only Xerneas can learn it.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I actually knew that about Clefairy! It's a shame they decided Clefairy was too cutesy for their mascot. Oh well. I do believe there's a manga with a trainer and their Clefairy that parodies Pokemon like none other.

What would you like to change from the Fairy-type
Their move pool. It's really a shame that the only really good offensive move they have is Moonblast and Play Rough and no really good defensive/status moves for them. I mean, I guess Charm is okay, but that was already a move that just got converted into Fairy type because "lol it's a cutesy move!" Geomancy would be great but only Xerneas can learn it.
That vulgar manga! {XD}

I can see them receiving more supportive Status moves in the future, which I'm not against of. But as you said, I'd like to see more offensive moves (both Physical and Special), as the type has potential. :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Username - CharmedGardy

Partner Pokemon - Whimsicott

Why you like the fairy type - Two of my favourite Pokemon ever (Gardevoir and Whimsicott) received the fairy type and it greatly helped Gardevoir particularly. Sylveon is my favourite Eevee Evolution (I have 3) and two of my favourite shinies are Fairy Type. (Gardevoir and Sylveon)

On the battling side their immunity to Dragons is greatly welcomed as is their ability to one shot Hydreigon and Scrafty. Indeed I currently have 3 fairy types on my team (Whimsicott, Gardevoir, Sylveon).

Also is saying nearly all are ridiculously cute a valid reason?

What would you change about the fairy type?

Some more fairy moves. Particularly status moves. Other than that the fairy type seemed tailor made for me in a lot of ways as my normally Psychic heavy team struggled against Dark Types as well as the adding of fairy type to some of my favourite Pokemon.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Username - CharmedGardy

Why you like the fairy type - Two of my favourite Pokemon ever (Gardevoir and Whimsicott) received the fairy type and it greatly helped Gardevoir particularly. Sylveon is my favourite Eevee Evolution (I have 3) and two of my favourite shinies are Fairy Type. (Gardevoir and Sylveon)

On the battling side their immunity to Dragons is greatly welcomed as is their ability to one shot Hydreigon and Scrafty. Indeed I currently have 3 fairy types on my team (Whimsicott, Gardevoir, Sylveon).

Some more fairy moves. Particularly status moves. Other than that the fairy type seemed tailor made for me in a lot of ways as my normally Psychic heavy team struggled against Dark Types as well as the adding of fairy type to some of my favourite Pokemon.

Finally a new club member and post ofr this club! *blows dusts away*

Great choice on picking Whimsicott! ;)

A blue Sylveon is cool, my sister wants one for herself! ^_^ A shiny Mega Gardevoir is beautiful! :)

Good seeing you around, Gothet!

Years
Username - CharmedGardy

Nice to have you around with us!

Sylveon and Gardevoir are among two of my fave Fairy-types and the shinies do look really good (well for Gardevoir, I'd mainly say the Mega's black dress) and the type advantages shaked up the competitive scene a lot, because during my 5th Gen playthroughs I recall Scrafty and Hydreigon being typical threats with their not-so-easy-to-expose weaknesses so having Fairy hit them really hard is a plus.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Thank you both for the kind welcome.

Whilst playing the Gen 6 games I was surprised and a little disappointed that Skitty and Delcatty were not made Fairy Type. Being made Fairy type helped the Clefable line so much and could have done the same for Hoenn's cats.

Years
Thank you both for the kind welcome.

Whilst playing the Gen 6 games I was surprised and a little disappointed that Skitty and Delcatty were not made Fairy Type. Being made Fairy type helped the Clefable line so much and could have done the same for Hoenn's cats.

I don't really see anything that screams Fairy in Skitty or Delcatty's designs, but they are in the Fairy egg group which is close enough meaning they can breed with several Fairy-types since most of them tend to be in that egg group as well. They do learn Play Rough as well, but I don't think they would become Fairy-types which I was right about.

Clefairy's line on the other hand definitely deserved to be Fairy because its original Normal-type didn't have good enough STAB for it to take advantage of, so to now be Fairy and have access to Moonblast and Dazzling Gleam now makes it able to take advantage of its stats better, along with now having two uncommon weaknesses as opposed to one very common weakness.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I don't really see anything that screams Fairy in Skitty or Delcatty's designs, but they are in the Fairy egg group which is close enough meaning they can breed with several Fairy-types since most of them tend to be in that egg group as well. They do learn Play Rough as well, but I don't think they would become Fairy-types which I was right about.

Clefairy's line on the other hand definitely deserved to be Fairy because its original Normal-type didn't have good enough STAB for it to take advantage of, so to now be Fairy and have access to Moonblast and Dazzling Gleam now makes it able to take advantage of its stats better, along with now having two uncommon weaknesses as opposed to one very common weakness.
It's truly amazing how a type change and few move additions can promote a Pokémon. Who would have thought the pink pixie would be sitting comfy at the OU tier?~

I understand where is Gothet coming from, as you said so the pink cat belongs to the Fairy Egg Groups and it learns several Fairy-type moves as well. I guess the reason why it didn't get retconned it's because of the Normalize Ability? Just my two cent.~

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Now that I know Skitty learns Fairy Type moves it becomes usable for my all Hoenn Alpha Sapphire team. (Particularly since my Skitty does not have Normalise as it's ability).

I seem to be favouring Fairy Types and Moves a lot lately. It seems I am turning into a Fairy Trainer.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Now that I know Skitty learns Fairy Type moves it becomes usable for my all Hoenn Alpha Sapphire team. (Particularly since my Skitty does not have Normalise as it's ability).

I seem to be favouring Fairy Types and Moves a lot lately. It seems I am turning into a Fairy Trainer.

I'm seriously jealous at you, I mean your Skitty helps a lot with Fairy-type moves. My main Fairies are Mawile, Azumarill, Ralts, Clefable and Florges, hahaha! xD

I know how that feels, it feels specially odd for me since I'm a guy who dislikes pink and sparrkling things alike. Fairy-type is one of those that made exception. :P

Years
Oh wow Unapologetic you actually hated pink, girly things? Awesome to hear Fairy-type Pokemon change your opinion on that forever, and I wouldn't blame you given how powerful a lot of the Pokemon are, with some strong attackers but has some neat defensive players as well, such as Klefki and Carbink which aren't so pink but still adorable nonetheless. People think Fairy is such a girly type but it's actually a great type.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Oh wow Unapologetic you actually hated pink, girly things? Awesome to hear Fairy-type Pokemon change your opinion on that forever, and I wouldn't blame you given how powerful a lot of the Pokemon are, with some strong attackers but has some neat defensive players as well, such as Klefki and Carbink which aren't so pink but still adorable nonetheless. People think Fairy is such a girly type but it's actually a great type.

Sorry hahaha! I believe hate is a strong word, I should use 'dislike'. But yeah, I'm not into girly stuff unless there's something that makes them different. Otherwise I run away from those elements! Your words are spot on, Fairy-type did open my eyes wide. Just look how broken is Mega Mawile (currently), so girly/pink things =/= weak. It's epic how a cute pink Pokémon like Sylveon can wreck a Hydreigon and Salamence. xD

Guys, do not let the pink/image of Fairy-type fool you, they aren't as puny as they look like. Valerie might be easy to defeat, since she didn't demonstrate Fairy-type at their very best. 6 out of 7 OU Fairies are non-legend/mythical Pokémon, more than Grass-types! {XD}

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Guys, do not let the pink/image of Fairy-type fool you, they aren't as puny as they look like. Valerie might be easy to defeat, since she didn't demonstrate Fairy-type at their very best. 6 out of 7 OU Fairies are non-legend/mythical Pokémon, more than Grass-types! {XD}

I agree that Fairy Pokémon should not be associated as weak in particular. Besides of Xerneas which is already a Legendary to begin with, I think either Sylveon, Mawile, Klefki, Togekiss, Gardevoir and the others can make a pretty good threat too if executed well.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I agree that Fairy Pokémon should not be associated as weak in particular. Besides of Xerneas which is already a Legendary to begin with, I think either Sylveon, Mawile, Klefki, Togekiss, Gardevoir and the others can make a pretty good threat too if executed well.

You might not believe this, Azumarill actually helped me to win a Super Single 50 Streak in Maison. So yeah, Fairy-types are really deceiving.

I'd like to see Fairy-types that can break the stereo type friendly looks in the future. For example a Dark/Fairy or a Ghost/Fairy? Dragon-types have the happy Dragonite, menacing Salamence, clumsy Gible and evil Hydreigon, so why not some variants for the Fairies? {XD}

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I'm seriously jealous at you, I mean your Skitty helps a lot with Fairy-type moves. My main Fairies are Mawile, Azumarill, Ralts, Clefable and Florges, hahaha! xD

I know how that feels, it feels specially odd for me since I'm a guy who dislikes pink and sparrkling things alike. Fairy-type is one of those that made exception. :P

My Fairy Types on my X team right now: (Mega) Gardevoir, Sylveon, Diancie, Florges and Clefable.

The 'Girly' image of Fairy Types is difficult to avoid right now with practically everything cute and pink (Other than Skitty) being Fairy Type. Also there are no Fairy Type Male trainers with only Fairy tale girls and Valerie's Gym Trainers in Game.

Incidentally Valerie is my favourite Gym Leader In X and Y.

Fairy type has helped nearly every Pokémon it has been given to especially Clefable line. Anything that can one-shot the fearsome Hydreigon should not be written off.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
My Fairy Types on my X team right now: (Mega) Gardevoir, Sylveon, Diancie, Florges and Clefable.

The 'Girly' image of Fairy Types is difficult to avoid right now with practically everything cute and pink (Other than Skitty) being Fairy Type. Also there are no Fairy Type Male trainers with only Fairy tale girls and Valerie's Gym Trainers in Game.

Incidentally Valerie is my favourite Gym Leader In X and Y.

Fairy type has helped nearly every Pokémon it has been given to especially Clefable line. Anything that can one-shot the fearsome Hydreigon should not be written off.

Amazing, a Fairy-type mono challenge! Please let us know about your progress!

Yep, Fairy-type is sorta linked to the lolita fashion too, since there's gothic lolita, they shouldn't hold back on introducing Dark and Ghost Fairies! {XD}

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Amazing, a Fairy-type mono challenge! Please let us know about your progress!

Yep, Fairy-type is sorta linked to the lolita fashion too, since there's gothic lolita, they shouldn't hold back on introducing Dark and Ghost Fairies! {XD}

Not quite a Monotype challenge as X is the game I have a complete Dex on so can't really reset.

I do plan to take on the Elite Four with the aforementioned team though and an Alpha Sapphire All Fairy run in the future using Flabebe as my starter. Steven will be a very hard battle with an all Fairy team.

If Gothita was a Gen 6 Pokemon it could have been a 'Fairy/Dark' Type.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Not quite a Monotype challenge as X is the game I have a complete Dex on so can't really reset.

I do plan to take on the Elite Four with the aforementioned team though and an Alpha Sapphire All Fairy run in the future using Flabebe as my starter. Steven will be a very hard battle with an all Fairy team.

If Gothita was a Gen 6 Pokemon it could have been a 'Fairy/Dark' Type.

Let's see, an Azumarill and a Mawile can help you to get a victory against Steven, because of their types. :)

She fits in the role as you said, since the line are like gothic variant of the Ralts line (bar Gallade).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back