• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Username: Emolga91

Partner Pokemon: Togekiss

Why you like Fairies: i find them to be the most unique looking pokemon but are very strong and they just know how to tell dragons to back off

Answer a topic!: What is your favorite Fairy type?
My answer has to be Togekiss, Togekiss was my first foray into fairy type pokemon. Even now it's a staple of my team. With its serene grace ability and an air slash move it turns into the flinching god especially if I have it in my trick room team against my mates with their faster pokemon. It's also a very tacky pokemon and can take a lot using follow me. Overall I couldn't live without my Togekiss.

Welcome aboard! I can see no surprise in choosing Togekiss as a partner given it is one of the fan favorites, it's good at taking a hit but even better at hitting hard all while being adorable at the same time.

Hopefully you'll enjoy getting involved in all the discussion going around!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Have you ever used Klefki before, competitively or in-game?
Nope but i kinda want to since its so cute and i like its typing a lot!

If you were to give Klefki a Mega Evolution, how would you change it?
Add more Keys maybe? Make them bigger? Idk haha although id up some stats maybe make his ring stronger so that his defense would go up and maybe some sharper Keys for upped attack :D

Were you ever creeped out by the claim that Klefki can jiggle their keys as a method of scaring threats away?
Not really haha its kinda a cute thing lol. *jingle* *jingle* its just cute that he can scare them away with a cute little noise lol

What's your overall thoughts on Klefki in general?
I think hes a pretty cool poke. Its cute its got pretty nice stats and are ally nice type combo. Although like Aslan said he is part of the inanimate objects club haha he is still high in my list he doesnt deserve any hate. Plus in the anime they have an episode where Klefki can open locks to different worlds with the keys he finds. I gotta say thats pretty amazing :)

Years
Great opinions everyone! I do love annoying the hell out of my foe with a teeny Klefki, but let's move on as we feature another annoying yet adorable Fairy Pokemon...

250px-546Cottonee.png
250px-547Whimsicott.png

Cottonee and Whimsicott!

So we have this pair of cute fluffy sheep/cotton ball thingies or whatever, but despite their adorable looks these things can actually annoy the hell out of you in battle thanks to their massive array of status moves plus an ability that greatly benefits them, which I will get to later.

In terms of stats, the line is very fast (Whimsicott having a massive base 116 Speed) and has balanced stats everywhere else, but below average, aside from a pitiful HP stat but the defenses do somehow make up for it. The line's regular abilities are Prankster, which gives +1 priority to any status or support move, and when you consider its massive status movepool... you've got a true annoying thing on your hand. It also gets Infiltrator, which while less impressive does have the extra feature of hitting through Substitutes, and its hidden ability Chlorophyll which increases its Speed while sunny. Both are pale compared to Prankster though, but that's all what you need anyway.

Anyways, time for some questions about these sneaky fluffies.

Have you ever used Whimsicott before, competitively or in-game?

If you were to give Whimsicott a Mega Evolution, how would you change it?

What do you think the line won and lost with the newly-added Fairy-type? Did it make using Whimsicott more or less fun than it did previously?

What's your overall thoughts on the Cottonee line in general?

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
Yes,I had used Whimsicott in Many Games(I usually used Whimsicott in games as It's is so cute ^^)

I would made It's look like Dragon type Pokemon with tough claws and Sharp fees and made its somewhat look Legendary!

What do you think the line won and lost with the newly-added Fairy-type? Did it make using Whimsicott more or less fun than it did previously?
It doesn't effect at all.But When it is introduced to be Fairy type Pokemon It has recently become very Popular isn't it?

It's Line is cute and Amazing.As its line has superly high speed with quite High Defense.So It has mix combo but lack of attack stats and hp stats :(

Years
Yes both, I played competitively a few times and always used Whimsicott~
& Cottonee was the first pokemon I traded in X & Y so I could have a Whimsicott ^-^

Make it fluffier? If that possible...

Won! I was hoping Whimsicott gained the Fairy-type. ^-^

It is one of the cutest and best lines in the poke-universe.

Years
Great opinions everyone! I love Whimsicott, and it was always why I wanted to play Black over White when it came to the Unova games, both for the original and sequel games.

250px-700Sylveon.png

Sylveon!

Ah yes the one who started it all, our latest member of the Eeveelution family Sylveon. When this cutie was revealed in early 2013 we were like among loads of Pokefans even trying to guess what type this thing was given its design had like nothing that would be represented by the existing types. Then come June 2013 it's revealed at E3 that Fairy has emerged as the brand new type that was being speculated, and Sylveon was showcased in that big reveal.

Stats-wise, it specializes in Sp. Defense with Sp. Attack close behind, and also having some decent HP allowing it to be a sufficient Wish user. Physical stats and Speed are lacking, although it's not as slow as some other Pokemon out there. Sylveon's regular ability is Cute Charm, which causes infatuation if a Pokemon of the opposite gender attacks Sylveon with a move that makes direct contact with it. Its hidden ability is the one that everyone wants on the typical competitive Sylveon - Pixilate. The ability turns all attacking Normal-type moves into Fairy-type along with boosting their power, which means it can unleash some damn powerful Hyper Voices while supporting its teammates at the same time.

Anyways, let's see people's opinions on the first discovered Fairy-type and a true fan fave of this adorable yet deadly family of faes.

Have you ever used Sylveon before, competitively or in-game?

If you were to give Sylveon a Mega Evolution, how would you change it?

What type did you speculate Sylveon was prior to the reveal of Fairy-type?

What's your overall thoughts on the Sylveon line in general?

Years
Yes, of course! I was so excited when I first saw Sylveon...

I thought they were going to introduce a new type when I first saw it. I was right.
When they introduced Sylveon was going to be fairy I was expecting a dragon-type Eevee. I was wrong
I looked almost everyday to see if they released photos of the new Pokemon..

It's lovely, cute & strong ^-^ I'm very happy with Sylveon.

Return

Years
Yes,I had Used Sylveon quite in the games due to its Powerful Attacks.

I would Make It look Super with adding Some blue ribbons and bows on it And if needed I will Brighten Its colour also.

I Had speculated that Slyveon is Normal/Pyschic type Pokemon When its is not revel that Slyveon is a Fairy type.

It's type had been proved to be the beautiful and powerful type(Its Hp,Attack,Special Attack,Special Defense are quite high) That is why I like to used it in many games.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Omg yes its Sylveon!

Ummmm duh. Lol sylveon is the OP eevee evolution cute but aka The official Dragon Slayer. By far one of the most powerful fairies created and i used it in game.

I wouldnt its powerful enough and the eevee evolution line doesnt need Megas and we dont wanna take away any cuteness!

Ghost haha it made the most sense with the eyes and ribbons compared to others i would have said psychic if espeon didnt exist.

Its awesome! Its powerful! Its cute! Its got ribboonnnnnnnnnssss! I feel its earned its place with the eeveelutions and easily outranked some of them! Also its pinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Years
Sylveon has always been a fan fave, but speaking of cute pink Fairy-types here's another fan fave that fits exactly that description!

250px-174Igglybuff.png
250px-039Jigglypuff.png
250px-040Wigglytuff.png

Igglybuff, Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff!

One of the classic generation Fairy-type families, and has been a fave since the early days of Pokemon, and of course Jigglypuff's recurring appearances in the Smash Bros games have made it a popular Pokemon. In terms of stats, the line specializes in having high Hit Points but that leaves most of its other stats in a mediocre department, with a slightly above subpar Sp. Attack and weak stats literally everywhere else, which sadly is in its speed and defenses.

For abilities, they come with Cute Charm which inflicts infatuation on opposite gender targets that make direct contact with them, or Competitive which grants a big buff to their Sp. Attack if their stats get lowered, so that does at least make them a little more usable. Their hidden ability Frisk allows them to identify any held items the opponent is holding. The line learns a good plethora of offensive and supportive moves, typical for most Normal-types and it does at least learn loads of good TM moves in that good movepool.

But let's see what you think about these cuddly pink cuties...

Have you ever used Wigglytuff before, competitively or in-game?

If you were to give Wigglytuff a Mega Evolution, how would you change it?

Have you ever used Jigglypuff in the Smash Bros games?

What's your overall thoughts on the Jigglypuff line in general?

Return

Years
Have you ever used Wigglytuff before, competitively or in-game?
Yes,Used it really in many games(Bcoz I like Jigglypuff Line^_^)

If you were to give Wigglytuff a Mega Evolution, how would you change it?
I Would add Wings and ribbons on the Wigglyptuff and brighten its colour also to make Wigglytuff cute than ever!

Have you ever used Jigglypuff in the Smash Bros games?
No,Not Used It But Wishing To Use It in Smash bros games.

What's your overall thoughts on the Jigglypuff line in general?
Aww, Jigglypuff is my Most Most....favourite Pokemon in the Pokemon World.(Till now and forever-ever) :3cI Will become fan of Jigglypuff when watched its first episode(first appearence) of Jigglypuff.Jigglypuff Line is so so....cute and adorable and Nothind more say about its cuteness{<3}:pink_love:

milk!

oh yeah!
Years
A bit late, but...

Oh yes! Whimsicott is a really good and fun lead! Not only is it super annoying, it's a good way to scope out teams and paralyze a few of them. Prankster is such a great ability. Whimsicott also has the power to be a good special attacker too, though I haven't used it like that too.

I bet mega-Whimsicott would be SUPER fluffy... I think if it's mega was a bit more bulky (say HP 60->80, Def 85->105 and SpD 75-95) it could potentially be very scary!

I don't think it's really possible to lose with fairy type being added. Now Whimsicott has more resistances!

It's very adorable! I want to pet it. Whimsicott's definitely in top 5 Unova Pokemon.

Years

I noticed your name is not on the Members List for this club, so you think you can fill the signup list and I'll officially add you?

Also guys, a notice I have to say because I'm not feeling very well:

I am currently suffering huge emotional stress because something bad happened to me here on PC earlier today that I don't want to mention, but it made me feel insecure and made me think I'm a terrible person again (just like I was when I was new) so my activity is going to be slightly less active than usual. As a result, because of my scaling back of activity and long time I have to spend to recover, there will be no featured Pokemon next week.

I hope you all understand, but in the meantime feel free to create your own discussion by making some new topics or revisit old ones if you missed those. The club should be back to its usual self after a few weeks.

Last edited:

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
Years
250px-700Sylveon.png

1. Yes, but not competitive as far as I know
2. Not really, I'll stick with Mega Altaria for my Fairy Mega Evo (though I'm planning on running a 1-1 Mega Gardy line in my Fairy Deck)
3. None Really, Fairy's perfect for her
4. It's pretty nice, but I mainly focus on her TCG cards, preferably the Furious Fists one with "Curly Ribbon" (really messes around with Toad and Night March :p)

Anyway, I'm sorry I haven't been posting in the club, haven't been that much Fairy action with me, but now I do have some:
I went to my Roaring Skies Prerelease yesterday and brought my Trade Binder to trade off some of my older cards due to the potential XY-on rotation in September around after Worlds, so I traded for a few Fairies while I was there (The Mega Gardy I bought for $14.00 though):

Spoiler:

Also, The 2 AT Azumarills ARE Different (One is Holo, the other is Reverse)

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
Years
Username: Banjopop
Partner Pokemon: Azumarill
Why you like Fairies:
There super cute and are very strong. Dragon was Always one of the hardest types for me but it's now no problem anymore. Valerie also let me see what fairy's can do. Since then fairy type is my second favorite type. Oh, and Xerneas, it's cool and cute at the same time.
Answer a Topic!:
What Fairy dual typing do you wish they brought into the games?

A fairy-fire or fairy-ice type. They will be hot and cool. ;) No, but really, those types could use some cute pokemon. And those types work really well, altough you need to be careful with fire types for the ice one.

milk!

oh yeah!
Years
I noticed your name is not on the Members List for this club, so you think you can fill the signup list and I'll officially add you?

Lol whoops. That's hilarious.

Name: Milk!
Partner Pokemon: Slurpuff
Why you like fairies: They're super cute and cool, and a total game changer! It's amazing that it took over a decade for a new type to be introduced. I was so excited when they were announced! Also, the fairy type moves have really beautiful animations.
What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?: Slurpuff! It's like my dream Pokemon- a candy puppy! It looks so cute! And it's fun to use in battle.

Years
Username: Banjopop
Partner Pokemon: Azumarill
Why you like Fairies:
There super cute and are very strong. Dragon was Always one of the hardest types for me but it's now no problem anymore. Valerie also let me see what fairy's can do. Since then fairy type is my second favorite type. Oh, and Xerneas, it's cool and cute at the same time.
Answer a Topic!:
What Fairy dual typing do you wish they brought into the games?

A fairy-fire or fairy-ice type. They will be hot and cool. ;) No, but really, those types could use some cute pokemon. And those types work really well, altough you need to be careful with fire types for the ice one.

I like your thoughts here. Valerie is super adorable and I love her design and her Pokemon, and yeah I wouldn't blame you for the type growing on you fast. I know it skyrocketed to my second fave type as well (Water will always be my fave). Your type combination ideas are great as well, I always want to see a dual Fire/Fairy-type hopefully when the next generation rolls around since I feel like such a Pokemon has to exist.

Lol whoops. That's hilarious.

Name: Milk!
Partner Pokemon: Slurpuff
Why you like fairies: They're super cute and cool, and a total game changer! It's amazing that it took over a decade for a new type to be introduced. I was so excited when they were announced! Also, the fairy type moves have really beautiful animations.
What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?: Slurpuff! It's like my dream Pokemon- a candy puppy! It looks so cute! And it's fun to use in battle.

Slurpuff is one of the few Fairy-types I've yet to use ingame but I have seen them being used competitively running those Belly Drum + Unburden + Sitrus Berry sets to turn them into fierce physical hitters, but it also has a naturally diverse special movepool as well.

I also love most of the move animations myself, my faves are definitely Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast and Geomancy. But they're all really great.

And also, I have announced I will be bringing the featured Pokemon topics back next month since I am showing signs of recovering from my recent bout of depression, but after a few weeks I should be back to my usual self.

Years
Figured this club needs to get up again, and the rules say that owners can revive their own clubs (albeit only twice otherwise they have to wait for others to post) so I figured why not?

Anyways, time for the next instalment of the featured Pokemon after what has been a bit of a hiatus...

250px-719Diancie.png

Diancie!

Now we get to one of the few Fairy-type legendaries, and one of 6th Gen's resident mythical Pokemon. I personally love the design of this Pokemon, and it has an interesting connection to Carbink given they possess the same ability and have a similar design theme, and in the 17th movie Diancie led its own group of Carbink.

Aside all that, stat-wise it has huge defensive stats but lower offenses and speed, plus pitiful HP. But Diancie's Mega Evolution (introduced in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire) flips all that on its head, gaining a huge increase to both its Attack and Sp. Attack, along with a smaller boost to speed making it go from a defensive tank to a hard-hitting powerhouse. And it looks so majestic too! As for abilities, its usual ability is Clear Body which blocks stat-lowering moves but the Mega gains the useful Magic Bounce which reflects all status moves back towards the user, causing their tactics to backfire on them.

So, have some questions about our fave diamond queen...

Have you ever used Diancie before, competitively or in-game?

What are your thoughts on Diancie's Mega Evolution?

Did you ever get Diancie when the event was running? Would you like to see another event with an obtainable Diancie in the future?

What's your overall thoughts on Diancie in general?

Return

Years
Have you ever used Diancie before, competitively or in-game?
Yeah, but used it only one time in the game.

What are your thoughts on Diancie's Mega Evolution?
Its mega evolution made Diancie the most powerful fairy type Pokemon(till now) as she had the Power to lear many powerful attacks like diamond strom so Diancie was literally awesome.

Did you ever get Diancie when the event was running? Would you like to see another event with an obtainable Diancie in the future?
No, yeah i want a another event to catch diancie :0

What's your overall thoughts on Diancie in general?
Diancie Pokemon is strong and cute.Its Mega evolution give him a major boost in the stats which made(as i told above) him the most powerful fairy type Pokemon.

Years
Time for a new feature, I guess.

250px-209Snubbull.png
250px-210Granbull.png

Snubbull and Granbull!

So, we have one of the few not-so-girly Fairy-type lines (although they are still mostly female based on their gender ratio) and it's this duo of dogs. They have an interesting design basis aside from a common bulldog, and that's apparently a mythical creature known as the "dog fairy".

The line's main strength is physical attacks, with Defense and HP behind it. It sadly lacks in Speed and special stats, but it still has some tricks up its sleeve like fellow fairies. For abilities, it comes with either Intimdate to lower the target's Attack stat as it's sent out, or Quick Feet which doubles its Speed when affected by status conditions, which really helps get around that low Speed stat. Their Hidden Ability is Rattled, which makes them immune to Dark, Ghost and Bug-type attacks and if hit by those moves, raises their Speed. It's kinda useless when you realize it resists two of those types already, but it's there.

So, let's ask you some questions about these fairy-dogs...

If you were to give Granbull a Mega Evolution, how would you change it?

Would you have preferred the line to become Normal/Fairy instead of just Fairy?

What's your overall thoughts on the Snubbull line in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back