• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Username: Monster Guy
Partner Pokemon: Clefable (She's the MVP of my Mono-Fairy team)
Why you like Fairies: Because I like the idea of cutesy fairies beating up monstrous dragons.
Answer a Topic!: What is your favorite Fairy type team?

The one I made

Clefable
Togekiss
Azumarill
Sylveon
Klefki
Mega Gardevoir

Welcome, welcome! The fact that fairies are cute as all get out and yet destory dragons is probably my favorite part about them. <3

I'd also like to see a Fairy/Ground type. c:
I think it'd be a cute lil' mole fairy or something. Maybe like a platypus with a pink bill and feet with a light brown body or something. <3

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
Years
I'd like a Fairy/Dark type. Mega Absol would have been a good fit for it, but they didn't do that. :/

I'd also like Fairy/Fighting, and Fairy/Dragon. (Yes, I'm pairing it with the types it hits super effectively. xD)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm loving all of these types, guys. Don't forget that you are more than welcome to discuss previous topics, as well!

However, is everyone excited about the new movie featuring Diancie?

I know I am. The trailer, found here, shows that even though Carbink float, they apparently bounce, too, though they never touch the ground, and these can talk! I think that it's so cute! I can't wait to see what role Diancie of all things plays in the dealing of Xerneas vs Yveltal.

Years
Username: CaesarAlexsander

Partner Pokemon:
Clefairy

Why you like Fairies: I'm not the manliest man of the bunch but here goes the least manly thing I've said today: they're just so darn cute!! That's why Clefairy is my all time favorite pokemon. That and because Clefairy was the monopoly game piece I used throughout my childhood.

Which Fairy type Pokemon do you find to be the best battler? I like Clefable because most of the best moves are compatible with Clefable. You can have a moveset like Fire Blast, Bilzzard, Thunder and Hyper Beam. That's a pretty deadly combination of moves.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Hi! Yes, i am excited, can't wait to see Diancie, and Carbink got different forms,say whaaaaaaat????

HAHAHa i'll probably won't watch it, but still excited!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
Username: Lacangel
Partner Pokemon: Diancia / Gardevior
Why you like Fairies: I love fairys they are suprisingly tough to take down most opponents!!!!. I love their design and how the typing can "sub-type" very easily with any other type that's already out there.

Topic Question: What do I think about the fairy types that they changed to fairies and the ones they left out?
Answer: Well to be honest until reading this thread Mawille was one i wasnt too sure should be a fairy type. I didn't think it fit. But seeing how (at least on this thread) most of the fairy loving communtiy as accepted mawille with open arms i fel it's ok for him to be there. The snubull team is meh I've just known it to be a normal type even though it is pink I can kind of see it. Klefki is another one that is meh to me.
There are quite a few pokemon that I thought got snubbed from being a fairy type. The following list with reasons why I think they should be fairy types. Of course some people who know the how typing really works with the battle scene better than i do could possibly tell me a reason why they didnt choose these to be fairy type.

Gen I:

Butterfree: I think butterfree should be a Bug / Fairy type ... i think it fits the fairy theme closer than the flying type theme. Of course caterpie and metapod would keep their bug typing
Lickatounge: I'm on the fence about lickatounge. It has kind of the fairy type apperance due to it's color and fluffyness.
Chansey: Really ?!?!?! Really?!?!?! Why is Chancey NOT a fairy type if your going to make the jigglypuff line and the clefairy line both fairies.
Mew: Mew has the look of a fairy lol physic / fairy type

Gen II:

Blissey
: *Same reason as Chansey*

Gen III:

Milotic
: I think Milotic needs to enter into the Fairy type family having another Water Fairy type in our little club would be awesome. Other than that Miloltic is such an elegant pokemon that looks strong and beautiful

Gen V:

Petalil:
Petalil looks like a fairy type and i want them to join the club. If cottonee becamne a fairy i think they should of included petalil
Lilligant: As the evolved form of Petalil it should be a fairy type and it's design looks like that of a fairy type

There are a couple more but I'm getting tired lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Welcome to the club newcomers!

@ Tyruntz: Sure are! It seems as those these specific Carbink are faithful followers of Diancie, one even being the elder! However, I don't think they'd be for distribution.

Also, news update on our favorite Fairy princess! Apparently in Japan starting from July 19th to September 30th, Diancie will be offered for distribution in movie theaters in celebration for her movie! She'll know her very own signature move, Diamond Storm, as well as Reflect, Moonblast, and Return, and it will be holding a Normal Gem!

I'm super excited for Diancie, I've gotta say.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
I just realized that Diancia and the movie star in the X&Y game who dresses like a fairy all the time Diantha have very similar names ... do you think this is intentional or just happened by chance. It's prolly just by chance but it would be cool if the 2 where connected by any chance

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Great news for Japan; really happy for them. :3 Would have been nice if they'd announced worldwide release already, though; been waiting to get my hands on it ever since I was aware of its existence, haha.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 10, 2015
Username: SylveonStar2
Partner Pokemon: Sylveon
Why you like Fairies: They are cute, strong, and have a good type match-up.
Answer a Topic!: What is your favorite Fairy type? Why?: Sylveon (duh) because she has awesome sp. attack and she's adorable. Not to mention her funny combo, attract then draining kiss.

Last edited:

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
Username: Harmonious Fusion
Partner Pokemon: Sylveon ♥
Why you like Fairies: Most of my favorites from Gen VI are fairies! They're super cute, many of them have great shinies, and the type is represented by my favorite color.
Answer a topic!:
Which Fairy type Pokemon do you find to be the best battler? Regrettably, I haven't had much of an opportunity to use any fairies since the type was introduced (I used the Ralts, Igglybuff, and Togepi lines in previous games), but I recently brought over my Gardevoir from Ruby, taught her Moonblast, and gave her a mega stone. She was my best fighter in Ruby, and I'm looking forward to seeing how she can take advantage of her new type when I battle friends.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
anyone with the X&Y games tried out using carbink ??? just for the fun of it .... im thinking about adding him to my ALL FAIRY type team

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
I haven't used one in battle and likely never will, but I really want a shiny one someday.

As of last night, I've started training a Florges. It's only going to be for battling friends, so I didn't go out of my way to get one with especially good stats. She seems like more of a support Pokemon than an attacker, which isn't a play style I'm entirely fond of or used to.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Welcome to the club my cute lil' fairy friends!

I didn't even notice that Diancie and Diantha looked alike! .3. Weeiiiird. There names are even similar. Maybe Diantha got inspiration from Diancie??

I think I'm more jealous of Japan than I am happy for them, haha. I want Diancie so bad it hurts! :c

anyone with the X&Y games tried out using carbink ??? just for the fun of it .... im thinking about adding him to my ALL FAIRY type team
Carbink is tough, for sure. It's a great defender, but much like Shuckle, it has very low HP and can only last so long, but while it's out, Toxic and Stealth Rock are great ways to set up a little bit against your opponent.

I haven't used Florges in-game in a WHILE. I really need to train one up again. I miss my little flower queen. <3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
Meh that's slightly disapointing .. i dont mind using stall pokemon on my team but having the low HP is just a killer for me ..... Florges ... is actually in my opinion a very strong pokemon at least in the game i havent battle'd agasint other people i just use her in game and she's pretty strong. In double's i think she'll really shine

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
I'm about to buy my own 3DS soon so i can join all your fairy-glitter-talk bout Carbinks!
I'm also starting a Fairy monotype! OMG i'm so excited!!
Who do you think is better, Mawile or Klefki?

Years

I like Carbink's design, but those stats mean it's pretty much only good as a pseudo-Shuckle of all things. I do like playing with it in Pokemon Amie though, and its cry is super-adorable.

Who do you think is better, Mawile or Klefki?

I love both the Steel/Fairy-types, Mawile's strong with its Mega Evolution and Huge Power ability. Klefki's great at abusing status moves with Prankster, but yeah both are really fun to use and can wreak havoc when trained right.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
I love both the Steel/Fairy-types, Mawile's strong with its Mega Evolution and Huge Power ability. Klefki's great at abusing status moves with Prankster, but yeah both are really fun to use and can wreak havoc when trained right.

YEAH! I prefer Klfki because of prankster, i had a really good set for him too, Thunder wave\Swagger\Foul play\ another something i don't remember, but you can get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back