• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

† Sinnoh Victors † - The Fourth Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
  • Wow. So many new members and such. And two new topics! we're being too fast I guess.

Anyway, Chimchar will always be my favorite starter OF ALL TIME (mudkip comes in next) Infernape is my favorite final EVO STARTER of all time (swampert comes in next) I love their design, and though their typing is not unique, the fact that you can actually do with different combinations due to Infernape's wide movepool and excellent stats, is EPIC.

On the next topic: Platinum will always be my favorite version EVER. I love the story. I love the Pokemon. i love the revamps made from DP. I love the Frontier. I love everything, even cyrus.

Ciz

La la la ♪
    Years

• It becomes Water/Steel type :) Which I've always found so weird... xD

My bad, never noticed it clearly. Thought it was ice. Cause I bombarded its moveset with ice moves.XD

For the new topic. The Sinnoh Games. Cause it was a different world full of the Pokemon that I learned most to love, although i find HG/SS very astonishing due to the improvement of graphics. :D

miltankRancher

Years

• My bad, never noticed it clearly. Thought it was ice. Cause I bombarded its moveset with ice moves.XD

For the new topic. The Sinnoh Games. Cause it was a different world full of the Pokemon that I learned most to love, although i find HG/SS very astonishing due to the improvement of graphics. :D

HGSS is actually better than Pt in terms of graphics, but that's it. The story's dragged, IMO.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    My bad, never noticed it clearly. Thought it was ice. Cause I bombarded its moveset with ice moves.XD

Hehe, I did the same with mine xD

Hmm, so as an extension to the current topic...

Which Gen IV game do you think had the best story?

As this seems to be a factor which should be important! :)

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Seems that people are loving the two mighty dragons, but where's the love for Giratina! :o Less love for Shaymin than I expected too. xD
    I listed Giratina my 4th favorite..Origin Form..and Sky Shaymin is my favorite among the Sinnoh Legendary.... :( I got their backs! :D

Platinum?

SoulSilver & HeartGold included? I don't know what to answer this one..I mean..SoulSilver & HeartGold aren't that new..Story was just re-created off Generation II. Storyline seemed longer, I enjoyed this more, and it isn't really original when it comes to originally.

But for sure, Platinum beats Diamond/Pearl combined.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Hmm, so as an extension to the current topic...

As this seems to be a factor which should be important! :)

Diamond and Pearl. There was so many interesting events in D/P and that's the reason why it took 16 hours to complete the game unlike SS what took 10 hours to complete Johto region. Team Galactic is my favourite criminal organization and Cyrus was badass with his Pokémon. I don't have Platinum and I haven't played it yet so that's why I can't say Platinum has the best story line.

miltankRancher

Years
  • Platinum is the best. I love how they introduce Giratina more, and Cyrus. I love the distortion world, i love the gym revamps, and I love things and such. I love platinum!

HGSS? meh. not too mch addition from GSC.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Platinum is the best. I love how they introduce Giratina more, and Cyrus. I love the distortion world, i love the gym revamps, and I love things and such. I love platinum!

HGSS? meh. not too mch addition from GSC.
    Diamond/Pearl left Giratina out to dust pretty much the way he's sitting in that cave. I was disappointed how they made that. Should have been something a bit more than just...cave searching the riddles.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years

• New topic: 'Do you prefer the Johto Gen IV games or the Sinnoh games & why?'

Personally these two are my all-time favourites. Pearl and Heartgold were both such amazing games! I think if I had to choose, I'd go for Heartgold since there's more to do post-league (eg the battle frontier, pokeathlon, various over things like that) and due to the partners following; plus due to being coupled with Kanto it's like having two games in one :3 But Pearl was utterly amazing too with additions like the Pokeradar and some very interesting ways to get new Pokemon (eg spiritomb; rotom), so both are brilliant games in my books! Plus it was a huge shame that certain Pokemon introduced in Sinnoh couldn't be found in Johto, for example Pachirisu and others couldn't be found till post-league, for example Buizel - I would've loved to have played through with these Pokemon D:
    Now, this is a rather hard choice, since I've never even played HG/SS and therefore don't know how fun it is playing it, but for what I've seen, it looks like a rather enjoyable game to play. All the extra features that were added to the games, are some I'd really like to try out and the fact that you can catch the Kanto legendaries in Kanto, which was something I really wanted in the originals, is just great. Also the fact that you could now walk with the first Pokémon in your team outside of your Pokéball, which was a feature that was really longed for ever since Pokémon Yellow, is just another thing that makes the games look so fun. Like, I think it's a better feeling to actually be able to interact with your Pokémon outside of battles, than only being able to learn them attacks, healing them with potions or other stuff, or simply stuff them into your PC and to actually interact with them without relation to battling. A lot of other things have probably been introduced, though I don't really know that much about the games, so those are not things I can mention.

Sinnoh was kind of the middle runner of the regions, where my two favourite regions would be Johto followed by Kanto and the two regions I liked the least were Hoenn and then Unova, where Sinnoh was in the middle of them. This doesn't mean that I don't like the game, though there were a few things I didn't like about it. The main thing I don't like about it is the serious lack of Fire types, which kind of make it a requirement to pick Chimchar, or get a Chimchar traded into the game, if you want to have a Fire type in the game. The only other Fire type you were able to get post-league was Ponyta/Rapidash, which wasn't a good choice at all. I saw this a serious problem, as one of my favourite types are Fire type Pokémon and that is probably why I got to like the Chimchar line so much. Anyways, that being said there was another thing that I didn't like about the game. THE HUGE AMOUNT OF FREAKING LEGENDARIES INTRODUCED. I mean, Hoenn had a lot of legendaries, but if they had at least kept it at that amount it wouldn't have been such a problem. It made the legendaries seem less special, as there just were so freaking many of them, so they just seemed more regular than back in Kanto/Johto. And then 5 of them were only accessible through events!
    Pushing all the rant aside, Sinnoh also had some good features, which is basically most of the things that I didn't mention as bad thigns introduced. The most notable ones are the great graphics and the amazing storyline that came with the game. Of course the step in graphics were because it was on the DS, though I really liked the new graphics in the 4th gen games.

So if my answer is unclear (it probably is), it's basically this. I know that if I got to play HG/SS, it would be my favourite of the 4th gen games, though atm, DPPt is my favourite 4th gen games.

Here, I'd have to say DPPt, as they have the storylines I prefer over all of the other games I've played. If HG/SS is just a remake of G/S/C then I expect the storyline to be the same, and that gets a big no from me. I felt like the first and second generation games' storylines were really vague. Tbh, they didn't even seem like storylines, more like running around, beating gyms and eventually there was an event of some sort. I felt like R/S/E were the first to introduce an actual storyline, which also added a lot to the game experience. Anyways, the 4th gen has the best storylines, as you're really brought into the games with the events that are happening and there's not a lack of events, as they're happening quite often and there are a lot of encounters with Team Galactic. I also liked Team Galactic's goal, as it seemed to make sense to me, even though it was a crazy idea and Cyrus was insane. And it all revolved around legendaries, which is one thing I liked, which also added to the experience, instead of just having to beat someone, trying to steal a Pokémon, or taking over a building. I also liked how Platinum gave an alternate, darker storyline to it, with the distortion world and all that stuff.

So cut short, DPPt has my favourite storylines, not only of the 4th gen games, but of all the Pokémon games I've played, which is basically all except B/W, as HG/SS have kind of the same storyline as G/S/C.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Seems people think Sinnoh had the best story lines... This is something I agree with! Team Galactic were amazing bad guys, much unlike Team Rocket! I guess that they did have to recycle the story though for HGSS so it was at a bit of a disadvantage...

New topic: 'Who is your favourite character from Sinnoh?'

Mine's Dawn! She's so cute and charismatic and a wonderful person, plus her training styles and ambitions are exactly what I'd have. And she picks the best team! <3

Years
  • New topic: 'Who is your favourite character from Sinnoh?'

Mine's Dawn! She's so cute and charismatic and a wonderful person, plus her training styles and ambitions are exactly what I'd have. And she picks the best team! <3[/SIZE]

Yeah, I love Dawn! She's awesome!

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • Barry/Your rival is hilarious and awesome. I love how he fines people and is always in a rush. So funny!
    † Sinnoh Victors † - The Fourth Generation

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Name: Hydro Pumper (though just Hydro is fine~)
    Partner Pokemon: Togekiss
    Reason for Joining: Diamond, Pearl as well as Platinum had one of the most enjoyable plots, I've experienced in a mainstream Pokemon game. Unlike Black and White, DPP seemed to be more well planned and thought out, in my opinion. I was interested in the history and the mythology discussions that took place in the games. :3

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    New topic: 'Who is your favourite character from Sinnoh?'

This is so easy topic for me. ^^ It's Dawn! Dawn is cute and she cares about her Pokémon and treats them well. Dawn is grear coordinator and she knows what she's doing in contests. Dawn is determined and funny. Dawn is just so awesome!

miltankRancher

Years
  • Wow. Too many Dawn fans here. Hmmm... I would be hipster and choose Barry or Riley. Those two were retty interesting people to me, and among the stat trainers, I like Riley the best.

Flint, Palmer, and Mars comes in next too

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
    Years
  • † Sinnoh Victors † - The Fourth Generation

CUBONE IS DISPLEASED!!!
    I hate Dawn.... -_-;; I do love the outfit she wore in Platinum though. Looks like something I would wear XD

But, my favorite character from Sinnoh would have to be Commander Mars from Team Galactic.
    She's just... awesome *___*
    I love her hair.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Wow. Too many Dawn fans here. Hmmm... I would be hipster and choose Barry or Riley. Those two were retty interesting people to me, and among the stat trainers, I like Riley the best.

Flint, Palmer, and Mars comes in next too

Too many? No. There can't be too many Dawn fans. So many people just love her. :3 Anyway Riley was pretty interesting character but also pretty unknown if you ask me. He had Lucario but he was on few episodes only.

miltankRancher

Years
  • But, my favorite character from Sinnoh would have to be Commander Mars from Team Galactic.
    She's just... awesome *___*
    I love her hair.

I agree. Aside from Cyrus, Mars is the only antagonist I ever enjoyed battling against. Plus her design is so great. And she is so confident of herself.

I like Riley because of his attitude in the games, and his Lucario. And his assortment of Pokemon available in Battle Tower.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2015
    Name: Cardinal
    Partner Pokemon: Stinger the Skorupi <333
    Reason for Joining: I love Generation 4 as it introduced my 5 favorite Pokemon.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • Wow. Too many Dawn fans here. Hmmm... I would be hipster and choose Barry or Riley. Those two were retty interesting people to me, and among the stat trainers, I like Riley the best.

I forgot about Riley! He was awesome, mostly because he looked so cool and he gave you the egg for one of the most amazing Pokemon ever. :P Also, he rocked the Anime and Battle Tower.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back