• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: ••• Pokémon Green Tree Edition •••

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
  • It is very simple to change the border blocks unto black.
    Use the second black tile for the border here...
    Spoiler:

And I do think the moving truck animation can't be removed...
    Thanks, Jagold! Anyways, about the animation thing with the opening doors... I've seen it happen, actually on 2 hacks; Naranja and Crystal Shards. (Which was an Emerald hack, but I'm pretty sure it's the same.)

Thank anyways! :D

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Ello.
    Hows it goin'?
    I see ur hack is progressing nicely.
    I hope ya' get your problems fixed soon!
    I'll be rootin' for ya'!
    Well,
    I wish you the best of luck!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • As of yet, I won't be thinking of changing that animation problem until later until I have completely finished mapping up to Viridian City, or even Route 2, or even until we are ready with a Pre-Alpha (which won't be soon :P).

Here's a screenshot of the problem I'm having with the animation... (the door tile weirdly appears even though I've not mapped it.)

••• Pokémon Green Tree Edition •••

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
    Years
  • As of yet, I won't be thinking of changing that animation problem until later until I have completely finished mapping up to Viridian City, or even Route 2, or even until we are ready with a Pre-Alpha (which won't be soon :P).

Here's a screenshot of the problem I'm having with the animation... (the door tile weirdly appears even though I've not mapped it.)

That is "normal", i think, for now you have to let it there, when you go out
    your room and get inside again all it's okey ^^, i have the same problem
    with my hack ^^ If some one knows how to fix it please tell me ^^ =D
    I like the tiles and also the pals ^^ continue like that ^^

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years

Hmm couldnt you just move the tiles so that the actual door tile will be in that position so when it changes it will change to the same tile so hopefully you wont be able to notice it? Just an idea:)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Mew88 has a great idea there, Esmas. That usually happens when you change the original tiles to another tileset. It'll have an error, so instead of taking it as a disadvantage, take it as an advantage and just remap so it won't be 'obvious' that there is a tile error there. :)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Hmm couldnt you just move the tiles so that the actual door tile will be in that position so when it changes it will change to the same tile so hopefully you wont be able to notice it? Just an idea:)
    That's an awesome idea, Mew88! I will do that. :D Right now I'm working on fixing the little things, and then I will continue with mapping and scripting and spriting.

Aureon

Developer of Pkmn RainStorm
    Years
  • The hack is really good! Wow, you really inspired me more to do my own. :)
    I love the palettes, the tiles, and everything else. The palettes look a little plain because they look like most often other hacks, but otherwise the hacks is incredible! :D

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
  • That's an awesome idea, Mew88! I will do that. :D Right now I'm working on fixing the little things, and then I will continue with mapping and scripting and spriting.

Wow! Cool glad i could help! Hope it works out for you and all the little things you need to fix! Looking forward to seeing more updates hopefully!

Good luck!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Okay everyone, I've decided to close the hack's thread.
    This is for several reasons, but the top reason is that I do not want to spend more of my time on this thread than working on my hack. I might create a different hack and start with the same ROM, but I might stay with this one.

Sorry for any disappointment. Another thing is that, people are ignoring this thread because their first impression on the hack; the first few tiles/palettes were just "horrible" according to them.

Thanks for supporting!

Years
  • You shouldn't close the thread because of people ignoring your hack.
    How are people ignoring this, you've got 131 posts in 5 days, you can't expect 80 posts everyday like on the first day.
    You need to take your time and get into it. People might not enjoy the hack right away. It takes time.
    Do you think Shiny Gold really popular when Zel just started it? No.
    Reemeber, first impressions of a hack don't mean anything, because you can always still change everything. I think you should keep working on this.

Years
  • Yeah, seriously, keep the thread open. Even though your hack might be overshadowed by others, there are still people who actually look at the work you have done and look forward to more.

By the way, if you use your present and show it off, it might attract some more interest.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Do you think Shiny Gold really popular when Zel just started it? No.

The difference was that when I decided to post it, it had a good bunch of stuff inserted already, mainly scripts, and I guess that caught people's attention quickly >.<

Anyway, yeah, well, you can do whatever you wish. If you think closing the thread will give you extra time to be dedicated to the hack, then I guess it'd be fine. But if it's just because people are ignoring it, then don't worry. I guess you didn't started this hack to become popular, it was mainly to prove yourself that you could make a game, and as all games, people may like it or not, and you'll have to live with that -_-

I'd suggest that you change those screenshots on the front page, and then I assure you that you'll get new people's attention with those new tiles ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    Wasn't ignoring the thread or anything, was just busy with school. Finally got released on break.

Anyhow, don't close it, this is one of the most interesting hacks I've seen so far =(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back