• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☁ Sky High ☁ Flying-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Mewtwo has received a signature move in Black and White versions, do you think our feather friends need their own signature moves as well?
Maybe one that has the same power and just change typings acording to each bird would be cool.
Zapdos and Moltres have retained their strong Special stat as their Special Attack. While Articuno had that Special stat retained for Special Defense instead. Do you think this is fair? Why?
No, because ice is terrible defensively.
If you were to give one of them an alternate form (including Mega Evolutions), which one will it be? What will be its alternative form's type and stats?
Zapdos with the ability to up thunder atacks like thunderbolt per half and BST raised 100 in both speed and Sp. attack

Interesting! But you might wanna add a vote? :P (Pick only one: Articuno, Zapdos or Moltres)
Picking the right one is going to make you earn chips. (:

We are going with both modes btw.

- Your nickname: UmE (A.k.a Caramel-O)
- Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Lugia
- Reason for joining the club:
Flying Pokemon have been always giving me that sense of freedom and purity, fierce, wild and loyal to their Trainers!

Who's your favorite Flying-type Gym Leader? Why?
Skyla!! cuz She's hawt! (;
Thank you so much for joining, Lugia isn't available at this time! XD It went hiding in the Whirl Islands, haha.

If you want a Psychic/Flying Pokemon, there's Woobat, Natu and Sigilyph for you! (:

Legendary and Mythical Pokemon can only be obtained in events, activities or certain giveaway occasions.

You are also free to join our Legendary Birds clash, which is almost close to wrapping up! But you aren't too late yet!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
List anything you'd love to change or add from the Wing Mirages.

Megasand an ability that make them imunne to stealth rock

I don't know what that would be (that also fits with them), but it would be an amazing ability for flying types to have in general. I'm backing this, this needs to happen!

- Your nickname: UmE (A.k.a Caramel-O)
- Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Lugia
- Reason for joining the club:
Flying Pokemon have been always giving me that sense of freedom and purity, fierce, wild and loyal to their Trainers!

Who's your favorite Flying-type Gym Leader? Why?
Skyla!! cuz She's hawt! (;
Hi UmE! Welcome to Sky High, I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Mewtwo has received a signature move in Black and White versions, do you think our feather friends need their own signature moves as well?
I don't think they need one, but I agree it would be great. Since the three birds are somewhat different, I'd say each gets their own more. Thunderstorm, Fiery Wind and Chilling Breeze... to just name something

Zapdos and Moltres have retained their strong Special stat as their Special Attack. While Articuno had that Special stat retained for Special Defense instead. Do you think this is fair? Why?
Comparing it with the defense and attack stats, it seems Articuno is slightly more defensively and the others are slightly more offensively. Yes, I agree.

If you were to give one of them an alternate form (including Mega Evolutions), which one will it be? What will be its alternative form's type and stats?
Nonono, not going to do this. I won't accept only one of them getting a Mega or alternate form. It's all or nothing.

Vote, vote, vote!!
Moltres!

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
Thank you so much for joining, Lugia isn't available ...Legendary and Mythical Pokemon can only be obtained in events, activities...

Thank you very much guys for the welcome (:
hmmmm I think I'll choose Aerodactyl, It is truly a ancian Pokemon but not a legendary right? Rock/Flying type pokemon from Dragon affilation. If not my 2nd would be Archeops!
Thanks!

Lycanthropy

Years
NEW!: Trophy Hall
Welcome to the Trophy Hall! Take a look around, there are lots of shiny trophies, medals and jewelry showcased here. Every single of them can become yours! Gotta collect 'em all, right?

JNq57Qx.png
Posting Pilot - Bronze Medal (Awarded for making 10 posts.)
XHr5zoJ.png
Posting Pilot - Silver Medal (Awarded for making 25 posts.)
oPjn6Rg.png
Posting Pilot - Gold Medal (Awarded for making 50 posts.)
XX562tj.png
Clash Conqueror (Awarded for winning a CLASH.)
wKLLM6u.png
Navigator (Awarded for organizing a club event.)
efAsSTG.png
Flight Attendant (Awarded for organizing a club activity.¹)
irGJbtt.png
Recruiter (Awarded for introducing the club to a fellow PC user.)
DnLSrvb.png
Master Medal - Bronze (Awarded for obtaining 5 trophies.)
1DnCbWw.png
Master Medal - Silver (Awarded for obtaining 15 trophies.)
0ofOBvh.png
Master Medal - Gold (Awarded for obtaining 25 trophies.)
ECihA0j.png
Randomness Ruby - (Won in the monthly raffle.²)

1: "The difference between club event and club activity the length. Club event is usually one off but important, while club activity is a consistent one yet nothing too big like Clash." - Sun
2: From now one each month a raffle will be held in which Ruby is given to one of the active members at random.

Additionally, more trophies will be available during special events, so make sure to keep an eye on those! And that's not all! As a bonus, everyone who manages to unlock at least five trophies will be rewarded this exclusive emblem, the Sky Relic:
3GYUnym.png

JNq57Qx.png
Kaneki!!! has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Bronze Medal trophy!
JNq57Qx.png
DarkSkys has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Bronze Medal trophy!
JNq57Qx.png
Hikamaru has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Bronze Medal trophy!
JNq57Qx.png
Lycanthropy has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Bronze Medal trophy!
XHr5zoJ.png
Lycanthropy has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Silver Medal trophy!
JNq57Qx.png
Sun has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Bronze Medal trophy!
XHr5zoJ.png
Sun has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Silver Medal trophy!
oPjn6Rg.png
Sun has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Gold Medal trophy!​
Congratulations! :D

Reactions: Sun

Lycanthropy

Years
How does the raffles work?
At the start of each month, each active member (I leave that to Sun to define) who doesn't have the Randomness Ruby yet automatically takes part in the raffle. Using a random number generator one winner will be decided, he or she obtains the Ruby as trophy. So yeah, you don't need to do anything in specific, just being active. :)

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
At the start of each month, each active member (I leave that to Sun to define) who doesn't have the Randomness Ruby yet automatically takes part in the raffle. Using a random number generator one winner will be decided, he or she obtains the Ruby as trophy. So yeah, you don't need to do anything in specific, just being active. :)
Ah, all I needed to know.

AkioMoto

Seer of Ledian's true power!
Years
Name: AkioMoto

Partner: Ladyba [Sid]
Spr_4d_165_m.png

Reason for joining: Because Ledian and Archeops exists ^_^ also I need more stuff to do on here

Favorite Flying type gym leader: Skyla she's cute so sue me pease don't :3

Favorite Flying Type:oh Ledian did I mention Ledian I like Ledian LEDIAN! ....Ledian :3

Lycanthropy

Years
Name: AkioMoto

Partner: Ladyba [Sid]
Spr_4d_165_m.png

Reason for joining: Because Ledian and Archeops exists ^_^ also I need more stuff to do on here

Favorite Flying type gym leader: Skyla she's cute so sue me pease don't :3

Favorite Flying Type:oh Ledian did I mention Ledian I like Ledian LEDIAN! ....Ledian :3

Hey there and welcome to Sky High! You have interesting picks for your favorite Pokémon. I'm afraid I must admit I haven't used either of the Pokémon you mentioned, but I certainly plan to.

Feel free to check out the newest CLASH, right here. With it's voting round you might even win some nice Chips (even though they're still practically useless at this point, it's being worked on).

Anyway, I really hope you enjoy your time here!

AkioMoto

Years
Hey there and welcome to Sky High! You have interesting picks for your favorite Pokémon. I'm afraid I must admit I haven't used either of the Pokémon you mentioned, but I certainly plan to.

Feel free to check out the newest CLASH, right here. With it's voting round you might even win some nice Chips (even though they're still practically useless at this point, it's being worked on).

Anyway, I really hope you enjoy your time here!
Thank-Q Archeops is a fun challenge with a great pay off in single player and Ledian well he's not to good a fighter (but they do get Iron fist for a hidden ability) but he's got some surprising special bulk and may be a fun challenge to try
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well technically they did get a signature move each ...for Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness only since it was a shadow move but maybe they should bring them back and add a chance to curse both sides (like a 10-20% chance for each side)

I don't really know for the stats I don't play competitively and I think base 80 is good for a stat so eh

If you were to give one of them an alternate form (including Mega Evolutions),
I don't think they really need alt forms there are other flying types that need them more *cough Ledian cough* Who said that?

Also I vote Zapdos *pew pew pew*

Lycanthropy

Years
Thank-Q Archeops is a fun challenge with a great pay off in single player and Ledian well he's not to good a fighter (but they do get Iron fist for a hidden ability) but he's got some surprising special bulk and may be a fun challenge to try
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you were to give one of them an alternate form (including Mega Evolutions),
I don't think they really need alt forms there are other flying types that need them more *cough Ledian cough* Who said that?

It's just that I never got to using Archeops since Aerodactyl is one of my all-time favorites. I think I will probably use it later on on my mono-flying on Black 2 when I get it (which I still haven't finished, oops).

As for Ledian, the base stat total really scared me away. Iron Fist may sound fun, but Ledian has special sweeper nature, so that's not ideal either. Since they gave Beedrill a Mega, I'm sure Ledian can use one too, maybe it could use Aerilate as well, like Pinsir's Mega, or Magic Guard. As it's the "five star Pokémon", it sounds like something supernatural isn't completely out of place, might be useful for it's bulky nature as well.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Gdi, just realized that I haven't replied the Clash #3.2.

What does the Wing Mirages represent? When was the official term 'Wing Mirages' first used?
The wing mirages is speculated to represent the seasons by the fandom, possibly due to the mention of various seasons in their dex entries? In my opinion, they represent the weather -- rainy, snowy and sunny. A friend told me that this term was made official in FRLG.
Why were 'birds' chosen as to represent the first ever trio of our franchise?
Birds are hugely affected by weather conditions, it makes perfect sense to have birds as our first ever trio.
Do you think Lugia really fits it the role as their leader? Why or why not?
Honestly, I don't think it fits. Because it looks like dragon, even though it isn't a Dragon-type. But if I'm correct with the weather thing (see my answer for the first question), Lugia seemingly fits in then.
List anything you'd love to change or add from the Wing Mirages.
Easily stat alteration, they need to keep up with the current standards too!

I think that every legendary deserves a signature move on their own, that of course includes the Zapmolcuno trio.
While diversity is good (for the stat). Equality is just as important too! Let's not forget the amount of weakness of an Ice-type Pokemon! I believe it would be better if Articuno swaps its current S.A and S.D!
I'm very leaning towards Articuno due to the unequal treatment it received, as mentioned earlier. Ice/Fairy or Ice/Flying work. Mainly an increase for its Speed and Special Attack!

[VOTE] Zapdos

No, no, no! The decision is on you! You are my equal here Okay, why does it sound so wrong. Better not let Revise see this, or he'll revenge ship us. -banned- But yeah, seriously it's all up to you, fellow Captain. ;)

I'm sorry for the late welcome! We hope you are here to stay with us, Akio! I like your positive outlook on Ledian, it gives me an idea that I shouldn't neglect other Pokemon.

Seriously, who doesn't like Skyla should be kicked out of this club! Nah, nah, nah! Just kidding! That is too extreme!

While not having played Gale of Darkness, I appreciate the mention and perception from the series. The could have had added a non-shadow type version of those moves in Gen VI games.

Haha, your love for Ledian. :P Ledian doesn't need a Mega Evolution; it needs a genuine evolution! It might face direct competition like Yanmega if it is special based, so a physical oriented would be good. The evolution should have Aerilate as its Ability. (:

Spoiler:

AkioMoto

Years
Haha, your love for Ledian. :P Ledian doesn't need a Mega Evolution; it needs a genuine evolution! It might face direct competition like Yanmega if it is special based, so a physical oriented would be good. The evolution should have Aerilate as its Ability. (:

ya I could see that working well for it. perhaps a good moveset for this evolution would be
Comet punch
Power-up punch
Roost *can bug flying types learn this because it makes sense)
U-turn
maybe replace roost with bullet punch for those pesky rock types
I don't play in the meta so I'm not to sure but with aerilite this sounds good and a Muscle band or tactical gear for a held item thoughts

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
ya I could see that working well for it. perhaps a good moveset for this evolution would be
Comet punch
Power-up punch
Roost *can bug flying types learn this because it makes sense)
U-turn
maybe replace roost with bullet punch for those pesky rock types
I don't play in the meta so I'm not to sure but with aerilite this sounds good and a Muscle band or tactical gear for a held item thoughts

Ledian evolution
Aerilate: makes all Normal-moves become Flying-type

Double-edge
Mach Punch
U-turn
Roost

(Ledian -> Evolution)
HP: 55 -> 75
Attack: 35 -> 110
Defense: 50 -> 70
Special Attack: 55 -> 55
Special Defense: 110 -> 110
Speed: 85 -> 100
BST: 390 -> 520

AkioMoto

Years
Ledian evolution
Aerilate: makes all Normal-moves become Flying-type

Double-edge
Mach Punch
U-turn
Roost

(Ledian -> Evolution)
HP: 55 -> 75
Attack: 35 -> 110
Defense: 50 -> 70
Special Attack: 55 -> 55
Special Defense: 110 -> 110
Speed: 85 -> 100
BST: 390 -> 520
Wow uh I did not know ledian's base Attack was that low but the reason I said comet punch was because it gives it a 30% percent boost but damage wise double-edge would be better (234 vs 175.5) also is such a drastic stat change common between evolutions? but why mach punch over power-up punch?

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Wow uh I did not know ledian's base Attack was that low but the reason I said comet punch was because it gives it a 30% percent boost but damage wise double-edge would be better (234 vs 175.5) also is such a drastic stat change common between evolutions? but why mach punch over power-up punch?

Remember, the evolution form has Aerilate not Iron Fist. ;)

Mach Punch is a priority move, so that should be preferred.

It isn't that common, but we don't wanna make Ledian's evolution a common. :D

AkioMoto

Years
Remember, the evolution form has Aerilate not Iron Fist. ;)

Mach Punch is a priority move, so that should be preferred.

It isn't that common, but we don't wanna make Ledian's evolution a common. :D

ok so I does happen and true true

I know I was doing 18 (base power)*130% (Aerilate 30% boost)*1.5(STAB)*5(Max number of hits)=175.5 but my math may be off I wasn't sure how to do the 30% boost

I see I don't play competitively so I wasn't sure there (I'd like to play competitively but getting BP is so tedious and I don't have the patience but I'm going to learn more about the meta and stuff)
now if only game freak read this *sigh*

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
ok so I does happen and true true

I know I was doing 18 (base power)*130% (Aerilate 30% boost)*1.5(STAB)*5(Max number of hits)=175.5 but my math may be off I wasn't sure how to do the 30% boost

I see I don't play competitively so I wasn't sure there (I'd like to play competitively but getting BP is so tedious and I don't have the patience but I'm going to learn more about the meta and stuff)
now if only game freak read this *sigh*

Actually an Aerilate boost isn't that bad. But you'd wish it has 20 base and 100%. Having said that, a multi-striking move is able to break Substitute, so it isn't that useless. (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back