• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☁ Sky High ☁ Flying-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Wow i am poor even here

Oh, come on, no need for that. :P

You'll get richer as you participate and even win our in-club activity, speaking of which I'm making a Clash now so stay tuned! (:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
So meanwhile the Medals and Trophies part is in full development and done for the biggest part. The Pokémon Shop might take a little longer than expected. If you have any suggestions to either of them, feel free to share them with Sun or myself. It might really help a lot.

Okay, that was it for the official part of this post. Anybody had any cool experiences with flying type Pokémon recently?
Let me share my story first. So I just started playing Pokémon Gaia (really loved it so far) and completely wrecked the flying type Gym Leader without any trouble, Dwebble + Rock Polish + Rock Blast is devastating, poor Gym Leader. Her Vullaby tried to counter it with Scary Face, but it was futile. (Oh no, now I need to spend one whole turn to do Rock Polish again.
Also, I'm starting to hate the move Whirlwind, I can't properly set up with my Pokémon anymore.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Pokémon Clash #3.1
trioaves.png

Articuno VS Zapdos VS Moltres

• Articuno is said to appear in front of those lost and doomed people in icy mountains.
    According to Episode 189 of the Pokemon anime, it guides the traveler to safety. While Articuno appears to be hostile in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team.
    Why does Articuno appear in front of lost and doomed souls?
  • Zapdos is said to gain power if it is stricken by lightning bolts.
    However its Hidden Ability, Static, and standard Ability, Pressure, contradicts that fact. Why?
  • According to one of Moltres' dex entry, even the night sky turns red as it flaps its fiery wings.
    Spoiler:
    But that image contradicts the dex entry, why?

There will be NO voting for this turn.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]CSS credit: Sun and Lycanthropy[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

@Lycanthropy @Kaneki!!! @DarkSkys @Precious Tears @DraconianWing

Killua

Ok let´s do it!!! also these questions are hard my brain is exploding!!!
Articuno is said to appear in front of those lost and doomed people in icy mountains.
According to Episode 189 of the Pokemon anime, it guides the traveler to safety. While Articuno appears to be hostile in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team.

It appears being something that they do like Blaine history where he is saved by moltres
Zapdos is said to gain power if it is stricken by lightning bolts.
However its Hidden Ability, Static, and standard Ability, Pressure, contradicts that fact. Why?

It may simply be a legend because i am not sure the pokedex is a good source of knowledge.
According to one of Moltres' dex entry, even the night sky turns red as it flaps its fiery wings.
Again is just a legend

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Ok let´s do it!!! also these questions are hard my brain is exploding!!!
Articuno is said to appear in front of those lost and doomed people in icy mountains.

It appears being something that they do like Blaine history where he is saved by moltres
Zapdos is said to gain power if it is stricken by lightning bolts.

It may simply be a legend because i am not sure the pokedex is a good source of knowledge.
According to one of Moltres' dex entry, even the night sky turns red as it flaps its fiery wings.
Again is just a legend

Kaneki, were you notified by our club? I want to make sure my tagging works. Thanks!

Killua

No, i only managed to see it because I was checking the pokemon general and saw that this club had a new post

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I have a gruesome assumption.
Spoiler:

Pressure is understandable due to the huge size of the Wing Mirages, additionally all three legendary birds are sharing the same Ability. I say it was a mistake/overlook on the absorbing part, they could have given it Volt Absorb if they remember it. Yeah, this kind of mistakes tend to happen the bigger the franchise grows.
But that image contradicts the dex entry, why?
It could be an overlooked detailed or an another of the exaggerated entries. It could be a technical difficult too as well.

(Kaneki, I'll wait for Lycan and/or DraconianWing to reply before posting the #3.2 Clash, please understand and thank you!)

Lycanthropy

Years
I normally don't pay too much attention to Dex entries. If we were to believe them all, the Pokémon would be destroyed by almost each fully evolved Pokémon by itself. (But seriously, kudos for finding these!) There might be some plausible possibilities though:

Articuno
It preys on the fools who dare to enter his territory unprepared. Instinctively it also hunted down those travelers in the mentioned anime episode, but they most have done something to protect themselves. (If it just were that Artic wasn't hungry he would have let them die by themselves, the arctic area is basically a huge fridge, so there's no problem.) I think they bribed the bird.

Zapdos
Err... maybe it just works with real lightning bolts?

Moltres
Spoiler:

Aha, but your so-called proof is invalid, mister! The image clearly shows that Moltres already fled, so logically the sky turned back to it's original color! (Yeah, I dunno, it's probably simply too much effort to implement that kind of stuff in the game.)

Kaneki, were you notified by our club? I want to make sure my tagging works. Thanks!
Just so you know, I didn't get notified either.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Pokémon Clash #3.2
trioaves.png

-Let's go for something trivial this round, nothing too difficult, yes?-
  • What does the Wing Mirages represent? When was the official term 'Wing Mirages' first used?
  • Why were 'birds' chosen as to represent the first ever trio of our franchise?
  • Do you think Lugia really fits it the role as their leader? Why or why not?
  • List anything you'd love to change or add from the Wing Mirages. (Explanation not necessary)
    There will be NO voting for this turn.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
Not good with Trivia, so I can really only answer 1 question.

"Do you think Lugia really fits it the role as their leader? Why or why not?"

I would rather put Ho-Oh as the "leader", though Entei, Suicune & Raikou was saved or created by Ho-Oh in Gen 2 legend. Its based on the same types as Articuno, Moltres & Zapdos. Lugia is the water/physic type that lives under the water.

Lycanthropy

Years
What does the Wing Mirages represent? When was the official term 'Wing Mirages' first used?
To be honest, this might be my first time hearing the term 'Wing Mirages'. I've always know them simply as the legendary birds, a very straight-forward name as the Pokémon are legendary and birds.

Why were 'birds' chosen as to represent the first ever trio of our franchise?

Of course the creators realized the awesomeness of birds too! Probably because they enable an easy design. The bird part of each of them gives a simple unity and their second types gives each of them an unique aspect.

Do you think Lugia really fits it the role as their leader? Why or why not?
Not really, no. Lugia lives on the bottom of the ocean, while the birds dominate the sky. It feels more logical to have a leader that has its home in the clouds as well.

List anything you'd love to change or add from the Wing Mirages.
I'm pretty fond of their designs (though the similarity between Moltres and Ho-Oh is uncanny), so I wouldn't change anything of that. They could use another ability maybe, they don't really look like Pokémon that have Pressure as ability to me (okay, Zapdos maybe, but the others don't).

Killua

What does the Wing Mirages represent? When was the official term 'Wing Mirages' first used?
THey save travelers so they are mirages.

Why were 'birds' chosen as to represent the first ever trio of our franchise?
Because it is a simple design like lycanthropy said

Do you think Lugia really fits it the role as their leader? Why or why not?

Yes it looks majestic and fits with the dogs from ho oh

List anything you'd love to change or add from the Wing Mirages.

Megasand an ability that make them imunne to stealth rock

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Pokémon Clash #3.3
trioaves.png

• Mewtwo has received a signature move in Black and White versions, do you think our feather friends need their own signature moves as well?
  • Zapdos and Moltres have retained their strong Special stat as their Special Attack. While Articuno had that Special stat retained for Special Defense instead. Do you think this is fair? Why?
  • If you were to give one of them an alternate form (including Mega Evolutions), which one will it be? What will be its alternative form's type and stats?

Vote, vote, vote!!

Killua

Mewtwo has received a signature move in Black and White versions, do you think our feather friends need their own signature moves as well?
Maybe one that has the same power and just change typings acording to each bird would be cool.
Zapdos and Moltres have retained their strong Special stat as their Special Attack. While Articuno had that Special stat retained for Special Defense instead. Do you think this is fair? Why?
No, because ice is terrible defensively.
If you were to give one of them an alternate form (including Mega Evolutions), which one will it be? What will be its alternative form's type and stats?
Zapdos with the ability to up thunder atacks like thunderbolt per half and BST raised 100 in both speed and Sp. attack

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
- Your nickname: UmE (A.k.a Caramel-O)
- Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Lugia
- Reason for joining the club:
Flying Pokemon have been always giving me that sense of freedom and purity, fierce, wild and loyal to their Trainers!

Who's your favorite Flying-type Gym Leader? Why?
Skyla!! cuz She's hawt! (;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back