• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☁ Sky High ☁ Flying-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I have some great nostalgic feeling towards the simple Wing Attack, as I used it a lot. (Because I thought it was one of the strongest flying type moves as a kid. #noob )

However if I have to pick just one move, I think I'm going to say Aeroblast as well, because it sounds super bad-ass and has a super cool animation as well.

Killua

wing attack there is something in decent power and a lot of PP that just make me love it.

Lycanthropy

Years
wing attack there is something in decent power and a lot of PP that just make me love it.

I'm super glad it inherited its PP from Gen I when it was still a terrible move (power 35, seriously?). I managed to almost run out of it's PP though once, when I was a genius kid in and thought it was a great idea to train my Staravia in a cave filled with wild Geodude. (It's a miracle how the guy survived all that.)

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Seriously, they should either keep the BP to 35/40, like a basic move (think Water Gun).

With Aerial Ace's debut over a decade ago, Wing Attack is generally unfavored now...

Quick Quiz #1
Is there
a strong Flying-type move
at least 100 base power
that has no recoil(stat lose, HP cut)?

Only First member with accurate answer gets 200 Chips.
Must quote the question.
Members that can answer must have joined Sky High before this quiz.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
Seriously, they should either keep the BP to 35/40, like a basic move (think Water Gun).

With Aerial Ace's debut over a decade ago, Wing Attack is generally unfavored now...

Quick Quiz #1
Is there
at least 100 base power

Must quote the question.
Actually Wing Attack is one of the moves that stays on any flying type I have.

Quick Quiz #1
Is there a strong Flying-type moveat least 100 base power

For this I say Air Slash​

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years
Quick Quiz #1
Is there
at least 100 base power

Must quote the question.

Well, if nobody has claimed those Chips yet, I'd gladly take them. :)
It depends whether you call an accuracy lower than 100% a drawback. If not, there's Aeroblast (bp: 100, acc: 95%) and Hurricane (bp: 110, acc: 70%), which don't have any other drawbacks.

About Wing Attack: I think power 60 is nice, but 50 would be okay as well. The reason why I think it's higher is because the "Water Gun" of the flying type is Gust. Nowadays Wing Attack is that decent move you keep on your flying type Pokémon until you find TM Aerial Ace at some point.

Reactions: Sun

DarkSkys

Years
Wing Attack: I think power 60 is nice, but 50 would be okay as well. The reason why I think it's higher is because the "Water Gun" of the flying type is Gust. Nowadays Wing Attack is that decent move you keep on your flying type Pokémon until you find TM Aerial Ace at some point.
Even then I still have Wing Attack. By the time it lvls up to learn it or I get the TM for it, I usually have something like Tackle that I want to get rid of first.

Lycanthropy

Years
Even then I still have Wing Attack. By the time it lvls up to learn it or I get the TM for it, I usually have something like Tackle that I want to get rid of first.

In case of your basic normal/flying bird, personally I'd rather keep Tackle as counter for electric types in case I'm in a tough situation I have to use my bird against them. My flying type Pokémon are almost always one of my strongest Pokémon, so it's rarely very troublesome.
Most standard birds can't learn a lot more than flying type moves sadly and mostly end up with Tackle until late-game or until I replace it with Secret Power. (Dodrio used to have physical Tri Attack though. :D)

DarkSkys

Years
In case of your basic normal/flying bird, personally I'd rather keep Tackle as counter for electric types in case I'm in a tough situation I have to use my bird against them. My flying type Pokémon are almost always one of my strongest Pokémon, so it's rarely very troublesome.
Most standard birds can't learn a lot more than flying type moves sadly and mostly end up with Tackle until late-game or until I replace it with Secret Power. (Dodrio used to have physical Tri Attack though. :D)
True

But I keep my team type matched during the story. Incases like that I'd have Air Slash. Which is rare that I have those moments. I have the feeling your speaking more from a WiFi battles standpoint. I don't do wifi battles. Just breed and trade.

Lycanthropy

Years
But I keep my team type matched during the story. Incases like that I'd have Air Slash. Which is rare that I have those moments. I have the feeling your speaking more from a WiFi battles standpoint. I don't do wifi battles. Just breed and trade.
Well, I don't do wi-fi battles either, I just play casually, haha. It sometimes happened a trainer's first Pokémon is an electric type and you happen to have your Starly (or something similar) in front position. With Tackle you can possibly one or two hit KO the opponent (if your flying types are as overlevelled as mine are most of the time), instead of having to switch out.

DarkSkys

Years
Well, I don't do wi-fi battles either, I just play casually, haha. It sometimes happened a trainer's first Pokémon is an electric type and you happen to have your Starly (or something similar) in front position. With Tackle you can possibly one or two hit KO the opponent (if your flying types are as overlevelled as mine are most of the time), instead of having to switch out.
True, but as it levels up you replace moves. Tackle is usually the first one I give up since by then I don't use it anymore.

Lycanthropy

Years
So... What kind of flying type Pokémon do you hope they will introduce in Pokémon Sun and Moon?

We already saw a bird Pokémon in the Direct on Pokémon's anniversary (which looks really like Fletchling imo), feel free to share your opinions on that one as well. :)
Spoiler:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Chips alterations:
Monthly
DarkSkys has received 300 Chips for February, March and April.
Kaneki!!! has received 300 Chips for February, March and April.
Lycanthropy has received 1200 Chips for February, March and April.
Sun has received 1200 Chips for February, March and April.

Clash #3
Spoiler:

Zapdos for both Guess and Majority, therefore
Kaneki and Sun have won 150+150=300 Chips, congrats!

No, I'm too lazy to quote, so no notifs. Lol

For those who answered Lycan's topic, they will be rewarded with 50 Chips. Yes a cheap way to lure people to answer.

Last edited:
Years
Hi guys! Unfortunately the managers of this club have decided to close it due to lack of interest and activity. Super sorry to any active participants.=( If anyone is interested in taking over/remaking the club, let me know through private message!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back