• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☁ Sky High ☁ Flying-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • You deserve that for your the best answer. xD It was given fairly.~

Your favorite Flying-type offensive move? Why?
    My favorite would be Brave Bird! Despite the recoil, I love how insanely strong that move is! ^^ My Staraptor and Talonflame spams this move a lot. It's most likely a OHKO (or two) after using this move.

Which Flying-type status move are you fond of?
    Tail Wind, it's one of the best supportive moves out there!

Your least favorite Flying-type move?
    Sky Drop, it's useless against Flying-types and then it doesn't have an impressive Base Power.

I think the reason I likely never use Brave Bird much is the recoil. That always seems to turn me off for some reason, but at least Rock Head Aerodactyl can somehow make it work effectively.

Tailwind I remember screwing me up in quite a few battles, particularly those rental battles in the PWT where I would get wrecked solely because you have to kill everything as quickly as they can or they will kill you, but I can see why it's a very useful move.

And I do agree with you on Sky Drop. It has a very shallow roster and in 6th Gen they even made it unable to work on certain Pokemon because the new mechanics for the move now put the weight of the target into account and if it's a very heavy Pokemon you can't lift it up. It should have never even been a TM because it felt like a waste of a TM slot if you ask me.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    New topic:
    Do you think 'Bird Pokémon' should be a separate type from Flying-type? Why/Why not?

EDIT: Club rules is updated. I do not want to make the club sounds like a compulsory obligation, but the attendance for our Flying-type Club is too low. Please stay active or according to this club's rules you will be no longer part of the club; you didn't join the club for the sake of joining, right?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Bump

At this rate this club is gonna shut down, if there are no new posts. :'( {XD}

Years
  • Do you think 'Bird Pokémon' should be a separate type from Flying-type? Why/Why not?

I don't really think Bird needs to be its own type. The current Flying-type itself encompasses all elements relating to air in general, such as not just wind-based moves but also moves that you'd associate with flying creatures such as birds which explains the several pecking and wing-based attacks.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Main-topic:
    The introduction have Stealth Rock in Diamond and Pearl made Flying-types more less usable. What do you think about Stealth Rock against Flying-types, specially when moves like Ice Beam, Rock Slide are already common?

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    - Your nickname: Venitardus (Joey)
    - Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Shiny Noibat
    - Reason for joining the club: Flying types are always amongst my most favorite types and I was surprised when I saw this club and that I wasn't apart of it. Flying types are always apart of my team in the games too.
    - Answer to the current topic (compulsory): Do you think 'Bird Pokémon' should be a separate type from Flying-type? Why/Why not? No because they are pretty much the same thing. I mean sure, there are some flying types like dragonite and Gyaridos that wouldn't be part of the bird (type) classification but I believe when people hear of the flying type, they think of braviary, swanna , pideot, staraptor, talonflame, Mandibuzz, and all the other bird looking Pokemon.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    - Your nickname: Venitardus (Joey)
    - Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Shiny Noibat
    - Reason for joining the club: Flying types are always amongst my most favorite types and I was surprised when I saw this club and that I wasn't apart of it. Flying types are always apart of my team in the games too.
    - Answer to the current topic (compulsory): Do you think 'Bird Pokémon' should be a separate type from Flying-type? Why/Why not? No because they are pretty much the same thing. I mean sure, there are some flying types like dragonite and Gyaridos that wouldn't be part of the bird (type) classification but I believe when people hear of the flying type, they think of braviary, swanna , pideot, staraptor, talonflame, Mandibuzz, and all the other bird looking Pokemon.

Ah Joey, it's an honor to have you join us! You don't know me, but I recognize you as the owner of the Breeder's Club, which is one of PC's most popular active clubs! ^^ Feel free to enlighten us how to make our Flying-type Club grand! {XD} Welcome, make yourself at home!

Normally shinies can't be obtained like that, but I'll make you an exception since you are active in the Club Section! ;)

Main-topic:
    The introduction have Stealth Rock in Diamond and Pearl made Flying-types more less usable. What do you think about Stealth Rock against Flying-types, specially when moves like Ice Beam, Rock Slide are already common?

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Ah Joey, it's an honor to have you join us! You don't know me, but I recognize you as the owner of the Breeder's Club, which is one of PC's most popular active clubs! ^^ Feel free to enlighten us how to make our Flying-type Club grand! {XD} Welcome, make yourself at home!

Normally shinies can't be obtained like that, but I'll make you an exception since you are active in the Club Section! ;)

Main-topic:
    Thank you for the warm welcome! Glad to be apart of this. :)

About the main topic, I hate it. I absolutely hate going up against stealth rocks. I don't ever use flying types (besides charizard, but I mega evolve it) because the entrie hazard makes my flying types dead when they come out. Ice beam and rock slide can miss.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • - Your nickname: TwilightBlade (Blade)
    - Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Pidgey
    - Reason for joining the club: Flying Pokemon are very cute, majestic, and reliable! They always carry me around the region without complaining. :') My fliers have been Pidgeot (RBY GS FRLG), Skarmory (Crystal and ORAS), Swellow (RSE), Staraptor (DP), Tropius (Platinum), Unfezant (Black), Sigilyph (White), Crobat (White 2), andd Talonflame (XY)!

Do you think 'Bird Pokémon' should be a separate type from Flying-type? Why/Why not?
    Nope as even if we would distinguish between those with wings (Dragonite, Scyther, etc) and birds, they would still have the same strengths and weaknesses... so I wouldn't bother with actually adding a Bird type. Mi͕̭̝͝s̞s̤̤̟͕̝̩̩i̞̖͉̰̜̦n̺̱͈̥̳̱g̶̹͔̭̹̤̪n̘̲̘̜͎o̷ ̝̀i̖̩̝͇s̠̪͍͇̲̺͠ ͏̮̣̯̥b͈̗̳͚̤e͠s̠̜̟̥̀t̘̣͈̘̖̥ ̸̪̼b̻̻͚̙͞i̶̲̟̦͓̻ͅr̮̮̬̬͇͟d͙͎̱̮̳͚

Heyy if they're going to come up with an entry hazard that hurts Flying, then they should make variants of it that hurt Electrics and Psychics and Fires and Waters and so on.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Thank you for the warm welcome! Glad to be apart of this. :)

About the main topic, I hate it. I absolutely hate going up against stealth rocks. I don't ever use flying types (besides charizard, but I mega evolve it) because the entrie hazard makes my flying types dead when they come out. Ice beam and rock slide can miss.

Now, now! I thought you hate that topic! {XD}

- Your nickname: TwilightBlade (Blade)
    - Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Pidgey
    - Reason for joining the club: Flying Pokemon are very cute, majestic, and reliable! They always carry me around the region without complaining. :') My fliers have been Pidgeot (RBY GS FRLG), Skarmory (Crystal and ORAS), Swellow (RSE), Staraptor (DP), Tropius (Platinum), Unfezant (Black), Sigilyph (White), Crobat (White 2), andd Talonflame (XY)!

Nope as even if we would distinguish between those with wings (Dragonite, Scyther, etc) and birds, they would still have the same strengths and weaknesses... so I wouldn't bother with actually adding a Bird type. Mi͕̭̝͝s̞s̤̤̟͕̝̩̩i̞̖͉̰̜̦n̺̱͈̥̳̱g̶̹͔̭̹̤̪n̘̲̘̜͎o̷ ̝̀i̖̩̝͇s̠̪͍͇̲̺͠ ͏̮̣̯̥b͈̗̳͚̤e͠s̠̜̟̥̀t̘̣͈̘̖̥ ̸̪̼b̻̻͚̙͞i̶̲̟̦͓̻ͅr̮̮̬̬͇͟d͙͎̱̮̳͚

Heyy if they're going to come up with an entry hazard that hurts Flying, then they should make variants of it that hurt Electrics and Psychics and Fires and Waters and so on.
    Welcome to the Flying-type Club, Blade! Hope you're prepared for the ride! ^_^

Let's face it, majority of Flying-types aren't good at the defensive area. So that hazard made Flying-type nearly unusable in metagame, which obviously contributed with the low popularity of Flying-type, despite the cool image of Pidgeot, Braviary etc.

Yes, they should introduce more different hazard variants to balance the whole scene.

New topic:
    Your favorite regional bird*? Why?
    *Pidgey line, Speaow line, Hoothoot line, Taillow line, Starly line, Pidove line and Fletching line.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Your favorite regional bird*? Why
    Id say Fletchling partly cause comeon its got fire and flying types! And also cause Talonflame is very powerful and a pretty competitive pokemon but also because in my opinion Fletchling is the most adorable of the regional lines <3

Years
  • The introduction have Stealth Rock in Diamond and Pearl made Flying-types more less usable. What do you think about Stealth Rock against Flying-types, specially when moves like Ice Beam, Rock Slide are already common?
    I feel like the move did hurt a lot of Flying-type usability but then we also have some pretty strong ones running around the higher tiers, like the Kami trio (Tornadus, Landorus and Thundurus) who have been proving themselves as threats, especially Landorus who I always found tough, and there's still Gale Wings Talonflame running amok as well.

Your favorite regional bird? Why?
    Starly and Fletchling lines for me. Staraptor broke the mold of previous birds by having usable attacking power while still being fast, and does a great job for me in the Sinnoh games. Talonflame has that aforementioned Fire/Flying-type and of course, there's that ability Gale Wings which makes it a huge competitive threat.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018

The starly line most definitely. It has the best design out of all of them. Also, my FIRST CAUGHT shiny was a shiny staravia. Her name is Bellatrix and is now a shiny Staraptor in my Alpha Sapphire!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Your favorite regional bird*? Why
    Id say Fletchling partly cause comeon its got fire and flying types! And also cause Talonflame is very powerful and a pretty competitive pokemon but also because in my opinion Fletchling is the most adorable of the regional lines <3
    Fletching has a lovely cry as well! ^_^

I feel like the move did hurt a lot of Flying-type usability but then we also have some pretty strong ones running around the higher tiers, like the Kami trio (Tornadus, Landorus and Thundurus) who have been proving themselves as threats, especially Landorus who I always found tough, and there's still Gale Wings Talonflame running amok as well.

Your favorite regional bird? Why?
    Starly and Fletchling lines for me. Staraptor broke the mold of previous birds by having usable attacking power while still being fast, and does a great job for me in the Sinnoh games. Talonflame has that aforementioned Fire/Flying-type and of course, there's that ability Gale Wings which makes it a huge competitive threat.

Not to mention, it learns Close Combat which is odd for non-Fighting-types! {XD} Talonflame is broken, that thing can wreck a team. I proud we got a non-legendary Flying Pokémon that can be useful in the metagame.

The starly line most definitely. It has the best design out of all of them. Also, my FIRST CAUGHT shiny was a shiny staravia. Her name is Bellatrix and is now a shiny Staraptor in my Alpha Sapphire!
    *high fives for the Starly*
    I got my very first Shiny Starly and I gave it to a friend as a birthday present! ^_^

Here's our new topic:
    Which Flying-type Pokémon deserves a Mega Evolution?
    Which Flying-type Mega Evolution does not deserve its Mega Evolution?

Gyarados, Charizard can be discussed as they are Flying-type before their Mega Evolutions.

Topic credited to CharmedGardy @ Psychic-type Club.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018

I can see all fully evolved flying types have a mega evolution. There isn't really any flying types, besides pre-evolution flying types like staravia, natu, Ect., that shouldn't have a mega. For the next games, however, I hope that Noctowl and staraptor get a mega, with Noctowl turning into either a psychic/flying or ice/flying, and Staraptor turning into a fighting flying.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

I can see all fully evolved flying types have a mega evolution. There isn't really any flying types, besides pre-evolution flying types like staravia, natu, Ect., that shouldn't have a mega. For the next games, however, I hope that Noctowl and staraptor get a mega, with Noctowl turning into either a psychic/flying or ice/flying, and Staraptor turning into a fighting flying.

I'm very disappointed when Staraptor didn't end up as a Flying/Fighting-Pokémon, it felt worse when Hawlucha took the first honor. I don't hate Hawlucha, I like it a lot. I just think Staraptor deserves to be the first Fighting/Flying-Pokémon.

Unfezant is known as the unpleasant for having movesets that don't really compliment its stats. They could make this amazing bird more defensive/special based attacker if it receives a Mega Evolution. Or simply give it moves that compliments its stats already!

It's rather sad to see that Swellow didn't get a Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, at least it got Brave Bird as a level up move to compensate.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Which Flying-type Pokémon deserves a Mega Evolution?
    Well since Pidgeot got a Mega evolution i think it would be fair if Togekiss got one (:

Id guess Pidgeot did it really need the boost? I mean now its way overused but then again same with Charizard its even bigger and badder than ever.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Well since Pidgeot got a Mega evolution i think it would be fair if Togekiss got one (:

Id guess Pidgeot did it really need the boost? I mean now its way overused but then again same with Charizard its even bigger and badder than ever.

*whispers* It actually needs the boosts.
    Let's look at the bst of regional birds plus Togekiss'!

Spoiler:

While Pidgeot's BST isn't the lowest, it's definitely not the highest nor the best either. To be honest, as much as I want a Mega for Togekiss, all those region birds are in need more so than the now-part Fairy Pokémon. Before Mega Pidgeot makes it's appearance, it was almost-not usable in any competitive battling ways. :'( Even with a Mega, Mega Pidgeot is barely part of the BL tier.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Hello, I decided I should be joining some more clubs again.

Your nickname: Lycanthropy (Lycan, Han)
    Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner:
    177.png

Reason for joining the club: I love flying types! First of all, birds, what the major part of flying types is based on, are very interesting animals. I simply love their elegance the body shape that enables staying airborne. I'm jealous. Secondly, the flying type is the most versatile type in existence, being combined with so many other types.
    Answer to the highlighted topic (compulsory): see below

I think Staraptor and Xatu would be good candidates for a Mega evolution, as both of them doesn't have the best base stats and their designs show possibilities. Staraptor's could be an aggressive fighting/flying bird and Xatu could be an oracle with a cloak.

Rayquaza obviously, it broke the Ubers tier.
    Aside Rayquaza, I want to mention Charizard and Salamence. Okay, Charizard deserves a Mega evolution, but it's certainly not special enough to deserve two of them. Salamence on the other hand already has semi-legendary base stats, no need for them to be enhanced even more.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hello, I decided I should be joining some more clubs again.

Your nickname: Lycanthropy (Lycan, Han)
    Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner:
    177.png

Reason for joining the club: I love flying types! First of all, birds, what the major part of flying types is based on, are very interesting animals. I simply love their elegance the body shape that enables staying airborne. I'm jealous. Secondly, the flying type is the most versatile type in existence, being combined with so many other types.
    Answer to the highlighted topic (compulsory): see below

I think Staraptor and Xatu would be good candidates for a Mega evolution, as both of them doesn't have the best base stats and their designs show possibilities. Staraptor's could be an aggressive fighting/flying bird and Xatu could be an oracle with a cloak.

Rayquaza obviously, it broke the Ubers tier.
    Aside Rayquaza, I want to mention Charizard and Salamence. Okay, Charizard deserves a Mega evolution, but it's certainly not special enough to deserve two of them. Salamence on the other hand already has semi-legendary base stats, no need for them to be enhanced even more.

It's an honor to have you here along Joey! Since you two are Pokémon Club section regulars! ^_^ Please do not hesitate to make a topic if you happened to have one in mind!

I agree with Xatu and Staraptor. Xatu is an interesting Pokémon, the Natu line were the very first Psychic/Flying dual types. They learn a lot of interesting moves (through various methods) like Giga Drain, Heat Wave and so on, which makes them more unique. Magic Bounce is also a great Hidden Ability for Xatu. Unfortunately it doesn't have an outstanding competitive stat to make it stand out among its Psychic or bird peers (on a competitive aspect). It deserves more than that stats, so receiving a Mega Evolution is the only way to make it shine brighter!

Staraptor is a personal favorite of mine for being having the access to Close Combat, which sets it apart from its regional birds peer. It's a great Pokémon for in-game, though I believe Staraptor has the ability to soar higher (pun maybe not intended)! So yes, Staraptor should receive a Mega!

Charizard received two Megas for being a fan favorite. :( I personally found that unfair to its Kanto starter peers.

While Salamence is already tough as you said, I do admit I didn't mind Salamence with a Mega Evolution, as it's one of my favorites! #ObviousBiased

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back