• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ The Psionic Citadel ★ (Psychic Pokemon fan club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
New topic for discussion-

Which Pokemon do you think should or shouldn't be Psychic type?

Butterfree definitely should be Psychic type in my mind. So should Psyduck and Golduck. They learn tonnes of Psychic moves and seem to be somewhat built around it, so surely they should have the typing too! D: As for one which shouldn't be, I'd go with Solrok too. That should definitely be Fire/Rock in my mind. Plus with the Levitate to escape the x4 Ground weakness, I don't think anyone will complain!

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Wob should've been Normal type. It has a happy go lucky baby form, has huge HP but low attacking stats and looks like a balloon. All of these can be reasons for a Normal typing.

And I've wanted Golduck to be part Psychic ever since RBY! Its counterpart Slowbro was so much better with the dual typing and Psychic typing seemed so cool back then. It enraged me to no end thinking how Golduck, whose was one of my favorites design-wise, wasn't part Psychic even though it could learn Psychic moves (some even through level up) and evolved from a Pokemon that had "Psy" in its name.

As for one which shouldn't be, I'd go with Solrok too. That should definitely be Fire/Rock in my mind. Plus with the Levitate to escape the x4 Ground weakness, I don't think anyone will complain!

No one except for the Solrock trainers who'd get swept by a Luvdisk's Water moves :D.

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
Yeah, Golduck really needs to be part Psychic type.
Sayan, did you see my new 2 userbars?

Pics!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years

Anyways, I think that Gothita line should be dark type instead of psychic type. They just strike me like they should be dark...possibly a dual dark/psychic for the last evo. though

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
And I've wanted Golduck to be part Psychic ever since RBY! Its counterpart Slowbro was so much better with the dual typing and Psychic typing seemed so cool back then. It enraged me to no end thinking how Golduck, whose was one of my favorites design-wise, wasn't part Psychic even though it could learn Psychic moves (some even through level up) and evolved from a Pokemon that had "Psy" in its name.

This is the reason why I really think Golduck should be part-psychic type. Look, it can learn Psych Up. It evolves from Psyduck. It can learn Psychic. And it is known for a cool temper, high IQ, and a mind-bending qualities. Why is it not psychic type, but the rock duo (Sol and Luna) can be considered, seeing as they are just floating rocks, that resembles the cosmos.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name- Sector Revenge
Starter- Aurora the Latias
Reason for joining- Psychic Pokemon is up there as one of my favorite typings (with Fire and Dragon possibly). It would be a fool of me to not join! :) Plus, they are awesome! Having to ability to do things with your mind? Who wouldn't want that!

★ Which is the strongest Psychic type Pokemon?
This is by far, Mewtwo. No questions asked.

★ Which Psychic type legendary is the best?
The best? Mewtwo would be the best since his movepool is very wide.

★ Which is the best looking/most useful Psychic type move?
Psystrike from Mewtwo is my favorite move, and the most used is by the move named itself..Psychic.

★ Who's the best Psychic type Gym Leader?
I've always loved Sabrina, especially her new looks in the 4th Generation gaming.

★ Which Psychic type has the best shiny sprite?
380.png
475.png

★ Which Psychic type just needs a new sprite/design?
Lunatone and Solrock definitely. I think they are just bore Pokemon all around

★ *Which Pokemon should or shouldn't be Psychic type?

I just want to mention, we don't have a Ghost/Psychic type?? Why don't we?
May be shocking to those but...I definitely think Gallade should just be a Fighting type.

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
Name- Sector Revenge
Starter- Aurora the Latias
Reason for joining- Psychic Pokemon is up there as one of my favorite typings (with Fire and Dragon possibly). It would be a fool of me to not join! :) Plus, they are awesome! Having to ability to do things with your mind? Who wouldn't want that!

★ Which is the strongest Psychic type Pokemon?
This is by far, Mewtwo. No questions asked.

★ Which Psychic type legendary is the best?
The best? Mewtwo would be the best since his movepool is very wide.

★ Which is the best looking/most useful Psychic type move?
Psystrike from Mewtwo is my favorite move, and the most used is by the move named itself..Psychic.

★ Who's the best Psychic type Gym Leader?
I've always loved Sabrina, especially her new looks in the 4th Generation gaming.

★ Which Psychic type has the best shiny sprite?
380.png
475.png

★ Which Psychic type just needs a new sprite/design?
Lunatone and Solrock definitely. I think they are just bore Pokemon all around

★ *Which Pokemon should or shouldn't be Psychic type?

I just want to mention, we don't have a Ghost/Psychic type?? Why don't we?
May be shocking to those but...I definitely think Gallade should just be a Fighting type.
Well, Gallade could be just a fighting type, but the whole Ralts family is Psychic type, so you should just keep them Psychic type.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Why? i think Gallade is pretty awesome being part Psychic. I mean, he could accomplish a lot more.
I guess so, due to its entire family. (Family doesn't really necessary mean you have to have that specific typing though)

Does anyone even use Psychic attacks with Gallade?

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Sorry for not being here for 2 days, guys! I'd been really busy :(. I'd like to draw your attention to the new event I planned. Check out the OP for more information. Oh, and welcome to the club, Sector Revenge. It's been a while since we had a chat, hasn't it?

Sayan, did you see my new 2 userbars?

Yes, I saw them. Not a single pixel of this thread goes unnoticed by me. But please bear with me for a little while, I'm thinking a nice way to add all of them to the OP without making it look cluttered.

Don't you think the text in that userbar is a bit too messed up? You should use some other tool, userbarmaker.com really messes up the text.

darkpokeball

Years
Sorry for not being here for 2 days, guys! I'd been really busy :(. I'd like to draw your attention to the new event I planned. Check out the OP for more information. Oh, and welcome to the club, Sector Revenge. It's been a while since we had a chat, hasn't it?

Yes, I saw them. Not a single pixel of this thread goes unnoticed by me. But please bear with me for a little while, I'm thinking a nice way to add all of them to the OP without making it look cluttered.

Don't you think the text in that userbar is a bit too messed up? You should use some other tool, userbarmaker.com really messes up the text.

Sorry, it was the first userbar I had ever made! I think I'll go custom from here-on out. Anyways, here's a picture of the PoTW! (Or not...my computer is being extremely glitchy right now...my mouse doesn't work. Only my keyboard.)

miltankRancher

Years
I guess so, due to its entire family. (Family doesn't really necessary mean you have to have that specific typing though)

Does anyone even use Psychic attacks with Gallade?

I do. My Gallade has a Psycho Cut on him. Too bad he is a Psychic type who possessed the curse of having a greater attack. However, like Metagross, he makes it up for several other stronger unSTAB attacks.

anyway, this is my entry for the event.

Name: Cantao (from Latin of music "cantus" and Tao)
Type: Psychic/ Ghost
Species: Composition Pokemon
Abilities: Mold Breaker/ Magic Guard
Pokedex Entry:
Black: Known to be a playful spirit, Cantao is said to lure weary travelers to their death with its fine melody.
White: Cantao is said to be a playful spirit. Sometimes, the tune it plays drives nearby people to dance.

Image:

Spoiler:

I will try to post a clearer picture sooner or later.

EDIT: Here is a much clearer picture! I have edited it a little to make Cantao a little more... ghost-like.

Spoiler:

Level-up Moves

Start Astonish
Start Growl
Start Grasswhistle
Level 5 Confusion
Level 10 Astonish
Level 15 Reflect/Light Screen
Level 20 Spite
Level 25 Perish Song
Level 30 Calm Mind
Level 35 Shadow Ball
Level 40 Psychic
Level 45 Grudge
Level 50 Will-o-wisp
Level 55 Curse
Level 60 Psyshock

Last edited:

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
I do. My Gallade has a Psycho Cut on him. Too bad he is a Psychic type who possessed the curse of having a greater attack. However, like Metagross, he makes it up for several other stronger unSTAB attacks.

anyway, this is my entry for the event.

Name: Cantao (from Latin of music "cantus" and Tao)
Type: Psychic/ Ghost
Species: Composition Pokemon
Abilities: Mold Breaker/ Magic Guard
Pokedex Entry:
Black: Known to be a playful spirit, Cantao is said to lure weary travelers to their death with its fine melody.
White: Cantao is said to be a playful spirit. Sometimes, the tune it plays drives nearby people to dance.

Image:

Spoiler:

I will try to post a clearer picture sooner or later.

EDIT: Here is a much clearer picture! I have edited it a little to make Cantao a little more... ghost-like.

Spoiler:
Cantao probably has Perish Song :)

darkpokeball

Years
I want to enter the event too!
Name: Cosmotent(etymology: Cosmo, and Omnipotent)
Type: Psychic/Electricity
Species: Galactic Energy Pokemon
Abilities: Guts / Own Tempo
PokeDex Entries:
Diamond: COSMOTENT was formed when leftover energy concentrated itself into a being. It has a high mental power, and is made of pure energy.

Pearl: Formed in space, COSMOTENT has strong mental power and is made of pure energy.

Platinum: COSMOTENT is a rare creature from outer space that was created when leftover energy concentrated itself into a living being.

Black: Formed in space out of raw energy, COSMOTENT has high mental power and is full of mysterious power.

White: It was at first thought to be a legendary pokemon when astronomers first discovered it, then a large group of them were discovered in an empty part of outer space.

Image:
My computer is super glitchy...I most a image of it soon. But, take this small description for now due to them all being formed of leftover energy, they look different. Like Spinda's spots, Cosmotent can change slightly in appearance. Mainly, they're body parts are random. They can be missing a right arm, a left arm, a left leg, or a right leg. The missing part kind of has a stub where it should be. Also, the eyes change position on the face like Spinda's spots. Overall, it has a greyish, whitish body with a hint of a kind of salmon-orange color outlining it.

Last edited:

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
Name: Tewing
Type: Psychic/Flying
Species: Telepathic Pokemon
Abilities: Telepathy/Forewarn
DW Ability: Shadow Tag
Weight:44.2 lbs
Height: 3'93''
Catch Rate: 35%
Gender Ratio: 55% Male, 45% Female.
Evolution: N/A
Pokedex Entries:
Diamond: Tewing uses his Gem to use telepathy. Telepathy Gems are very valuable.

Pearl: Many people hunt them for their Gems. They also are kept as pets.

Platinum: If a Tewing loses his Gem, he also loses his telepathic abilities. Because of this, Tewing are very careful.

Black: Male and female Tewing both have different gems. The female has a larger gem.

White: In the winter, Tewing fly around lakes. One lake has been named after them.

Moves by leveling up:

Lv 1-Quick Attack
Lv 1-Amnesia
Lv 1-Hypnosis
Lv 8-Gust
Lv 15-Miracle Eye
Lv 21-Psybeam
Lv 27-Psychic
Lv 36-Extrasensory
Lv 42-Brave Bird
Lv 49-Psycho Cut
Lv 58-Future Sight
Lv 61-Sky Drop

I also have an picture of both male and female.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
darkpokeball: Interesting idea. I'd like to see the different forms of Cosmotent. :)

limanya: hey, why not? Also... Not to sound know-it-all, but your dex entries does not sound like dex entry. or maybe it's just me.

I'd like to see more of those telephatic gems. :)

darkpokeball

Years
darkpokeball: Interesting idea. I'd like to see the different forms of Cosmotent. :)

limanya: hey, why not? Also... Not to sound know-it-all, but your dex entries does not sound like dex entry. or maybe it's just me.

I'd like to see more of those telephatic gems. :)
Thanks! But, I'm a terrible artist. If you're willing to deal with preschool-like drawings, then I might post a pic.But, Cosmotent really only has two forms: Male and Female. The rest are like Spinda's spots...not new forms for every pattern, but rather normal. There are only two variables: Which limb is a stub and where the eyes are placed. Maybe the stub limb can create a different form, I guess.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
I haven't been active much so here I go with the event:
Name: Psylora
Type: Psychic/Grass
Species: Mother Pokemon
Abilities: Leaf Guard/Magic Guard DW: Healer
Pokedex:
Black: Extremely protective, if her child is in any way threatened, Psylora will ferociously guard it like a Kangaskhan.
White: With her magical touch, Psylora can bring back trees, flowers, and even small animals back to life.

Psylora can only be female. I had a male counterpart, but I can only enter one. About her design, I'm thinking along the lines of a lion fighting with special attack while the male counterpart has a mane and fights with physical attack. I most likely won't make an image because I don't have the time. Maybe I'll draw something in art class...

DualBlade

The Umbreon Lover
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
Woah cool contest Sayan.

Ill join!

Pokedex Number: #650
Pkmn Name: Spaceal (Spacial+Space)
Pkmn Type: Psychic/Ghost, Omega Typings Man!
Pkmn Species: Space Eating Pokemon
Pkmn Ability: Levitate
DW Ability: Cursed Body
Catch Rate: 60%
Gender Ratio: 50% Male, 50% Female.
Weight: 0.7 lbs
Height: 5'73"

Pokedex Entry:
Black/White:
It is heard that this pokemon eats peoples dreams and can stop the flow of time.Almost Nobody had seen Spaceal before.

Moves By Level Up:
Lv -: Hypnosis
Lv -: Nightmare
Lv -: Psywave
Lv -: Teleport
Lv 5: Telekinesis
Lv 9: Night Shade
Lv 10: Future Sight
Lv 13: Double Team
Lv 18: Astonish
Lv 22: Confusion
Lv 25: Scary Face
Lv 30: Psybeam
Lv 36: Confuse Ray
Lv 39: Dream Eater
Lv 45: Psychic
Lv 53: Trick Room
Lv 70: Shadow Ball
Lv 81: Destiny Bond

I know, not that good but its worth a try xD
It has no evolution.

Its more of a Ghost type imo but....yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back