• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★The Water Park★ [Water-Type Fan Club]

Pokemon of the Week for the week of: July 2, 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
Years
  • "Do you think Lugia should be part-water type based on the amount of water-type moves it can learn? Explain."
    Lugia is also a water-type, since it has Hydro Pump and Whirlpool and it can learn HM Waterfall and Dive, but when I check Lugia on Bulbapedia and says that Lugia is a Psychic and Flying Type, I was like "WHAT?!, Lugia is a Psychic too! My Pokemon life is a lie щ(゜ロ゜щ)" if Lugia is a psychic type how come he can learn HM Water moves and lives in water even though he's not a water-type.
    I know, it's odd, right?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Thank you for the kind words, everyone! :3 It is truely an honour for me to have a successful club. :3

Anyways, one more day to get your answers in for the riddle, guys! :D It's an easy one, actually. The hint is right there xD

New topic!

Summer is here, guys...and the Water Park is heating up! What are some of your favorite activities you like to do with your water-type Pokemon?

Cid

Years
  • Now, referring to a post above (I think it was Olli's, idk) I wanted to start a brief discussion about a certain legendary that can learn water-type moves, but isn't considered as a water-type officially. As a classic fan myself, I always thought Lugia was part water, but it's actually Psychic and Flying. But it can swim underwater, form whirlpools, LIVE UNDERWATER, etc.

Fellow, water park visitors, do you think Lugia should be part-water type based on the amount of water-type moves it can learn? Explain.
    Canon-wise, I don't think it's necessary. Lugia's special powers of forming whirlpools and performing Water-type moves could easily be attributed to a special application of Psychic-type behavior. Because it just so happened to live near water (or rather, within it) so its powers were integrated into that, and its environment used in manipulation basically. Plus the fact that it lives underwater doesn't necessarily make it Water-type. A Pokémon can live in caves, underground or under rocks and not be Ground or Rock-type, while one can similarly live in tall grass and not be Grass-type. ;D Note that I said it wouldn't be necessary, because I'll be more than happy to get another cool Water-type into the list. Really. :D

Competitive battling-wise, Water / Flying can actually be a good defensive typing (depending on the environment, with a useful Bug-type resistance kept and oh, no Dark-type weakness!) despite the introduction of a quadruple Electric-type weaknesses. At least I think Gyarados is doing okay with it. And I'm thinking less of Psychic-types due to the whole Pursuit weakness lately so that's kind of biased from a perspective. I don't know how it'll affect Lugia since I'm not at all familiar with Ubers but. I'll be all for Water / Flying competitively.

Well I suppose I've got two different views for that. If those make any sense.

Thank you for the kind words, everyone! :3 It is truely an honour for me to have a successful club. :3
    The pleasure is all ours! We're all very glad to be enjoying this really cool atmosphere. Man if I found a water park like this in real life I'd go there all the time. :D Again, congratulations! This club is naturally awesome so I wasn't surprised to find out the news. To think it wasn't too long ago when this club was refurbished to its current glory. :P

Summer is here, guys...and the Water Park is heating up! What are some of your favorite activities you like to do with your water-type Pokemon?

Hmm...I think I'd hit the beach, enjoy the sand, have a nice swim and frolick in the waves with the sun up, maybe if I had a Water-type with me I'll surf around or just play beach volleyball. On calmer shores I'd probably enjoy taking a nice, soothing stroll with my favourite Water-type.

In case the Water Park doesn't have sandy beaches, I'll settle with a pool and make artificial waves with my Pokémon. Or a water fight, that would be fun, too. :D

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • What are some of your favorite activities you like to do with your water-type Pokemon?

I'm not much for swimming actually, but hitting the beach with one would be a nice idea. The Pokémon could provide us with a lot of fun activites, like surfing on the back of bigger Water type Pokémon, or having watergun battles, but instead of with waterguns, it'd be with Pokémon. Or like Mac once said, using Water gun on innocent bypassers, which does sound pretty fun :p

Other than that, they'd be great for cleaning bikes and whatnot, to go riding in the great weather that most people hopefully have, (except for Australians :p).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • One person got the riddle answer wrong. xD It was sooo easy. Answer is Suicune! Eusine has been quite obsessed with the Pokemon since Pokemon Crystal.

Swimming, boating, and SLIP N SLIDE. I'd do a ton of things with my Milotic and Samurott. I guess mainly swimming is what I would do, since they're both giant Pokemon. I'd always wanted to do Scuba Diving, it'd be amazing.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    One person got the riddle answer wrong. xD It was sooo easy. Answer is Suicune! Eusine has been quite obsessed with the Pokemon since Pokemon Crystal.

Swimming, boating, and SLIP N SLIDE. I'd do a ton of things with my Milotic and Samurott. I guess mainly swimming is what I would do, since they're both giant Pokemon. I'd always wanted to do Scuba Diving, it'd be amazing.

That man has some serious issues, if ya ask me. D;

Oh lord, sliding down my Gyarados' tail and landing on my soft, gushy Jellicent would be so much fun! xD
    I'd love to be an all water-type trainer. I'd have so many little Pokemon to swim in a small pool with, or go to the beach and swim and play! OR A LEMONADE STAND. <3
    Where Totodile serves the lemonade and shaved ice to people. c:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Summer is here, guys...and the Water Park is heating up! What are some of your favorite activities you like to do with your water-type Pokemon?

Well, summer in my part of the world is over, so yeah. But swimming with my Samurott while my Swampert builds me awesome sand castles is a dream. Mainly because I can't make sandcastles.

lasttfarewell

hiatus till december :<
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2014
    Name: lasttfarewell
    Partner Pokemon: marshtomp and croconaw c:
    Why do you like Water-Types?
    water pokemon are beautiful creatures ^^ ohoh and vaporeon can disappear in water ><
    Admission Fee Paid: one PokeDollar. or two. i'll give you my entire fortune just to play the rides all over again and again (:

we're in a water parkkkkkkkk \(OuO)/ of course we shall play in the water ^^
    we could probably train up some new moves and have some fun in the process (:
    and i'll give them a massage so they can relax more :D

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    welcome,lasttfarewell!!
    summer is almost over for me . i would like to go swimming with my mudkip

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Check out this week's POTW. :D I'm kinda late on the poll, as I was busy this weekend. So, I'll bring one on Wednesday. :D

Also, new riddle coming up tonight! :D

Name: lasttfarewell
    Partner Pokemon: marshtomp and croconaw c:
    Why do you like Water-Types?
    water pokemon are beautiful creatures ^^ ohoh and vaporeon can disappear in water ><
    Admission Fee Paid: one PokeDollar. or two. i'll give you my entire fortune just to play the rides all over again and again (:

we're in a water parkkkkkkkk \(OuO)/ of course we shall play in the water ^^
    we could probably train up some new moves and have some fun in the process (:
    and i'll give them a massage so they can relax more :D

Welcome, Hannah! Nice of you to have come! :3 I can agree that training new water moves at the water is a great way to train your water type Pokemon. I'll put your name on the list later on. :3

Years
  • Time for some Pokemon Of The Week pictures, this week we're talkin' 'bout Magikarp!

Spoiler:

Hope you enjoy them!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I like the first one best. xD It makes so much sense.

Gonna go ahead and start another topic!

In Black & White, have you taught your water-type starter the move Hydro Cannon? How do you like the move?

Mentalii

Back
    Years

• In Black & White, have you taught your water-type starter the move Hydro Cannon? How do you like the move?

Nope, I never teach this kind of moves to my starters. Like Hikari, the recharging turn disturbs me, I hate having to wait while the opponent can attack you. Particularly when your move isn't as effective as planned. So, to avoid that, I avoid that kind of moves.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • In Black & White, have you taught your water-type starter the move Hydro Cannon? How do you like the move?

Yes, of course I did. I always see my starter Pokémon as the most precious members of my team, so the strongest moves of their typing, that they are able to learn, is usually reserved for them, so same goes with Hydro Cannon. Now I am aware of the downside that is the one turn recharge, however if you just strategize it right, and only use it in the most desperate situations, I'm pretty sure it'll pay off well...

...is what I would've done, and what I would've said, if I had ever owned a DS and a copy of B/W :<

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    In Black & White, have you taught your water-type starter the move Hydro Cannon? How do you like the move?

Yes, of course I did. I always see my starter Pokémon as the most precious members of my team, so the strongest moves of their typing, that they are able to learn, is usually reserved for them, so same goes with Hydro Cannon. Now I am aware of the downside that is the one turn recharge, however if you just strategize it right, and only use it in the most desperate situations, I'm pretty sure it'll pay off well...

...is what I would've done, and what I would've said, if I had ever owned a DS and a copy of B/W :<
    ... xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD lmao.

Nope! I don't like this move at all, I'd never shame my darling Samurott with it :D I just don't think it suits Samurott's style. Samurott is a quick and persistent attacker without too much bulk meaning it really isn't a good candidate to use Hydro Cannon. Plus Hydro Cannon is a move reserved for Blastoise imo since that's where it first came from. x3 But I'm also not a big fan of two-turn moves which leave your Pokemon open to be attacked. They are extremely powerful and can be incredibly useful for finishing off the last Pokemon in a team, but I don't like having more than one move of the same type on each Pokemon since it limits coverage so I'd rather have something like Razor Shell or Aqua Tail, etc, on Samurott than Hydro Cannon. :3

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
    Years
    No way, I never taught every water-type starter with Hydro Cannon because you have to recharge it after using that move even getting missed or avoided by the foe's pokemon.
    New topic :D

If you encounter Magicarp by fishing or Basculin by fishing and from whirlpools, what are going to do?
    What I did is to run away from it or sometimes faint it to gain EXP for my Pokemon team :D

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016

I have not. Unfortunately. Although I do like the Water Pledge move used with the other Grass/Fire type selections. Would love to see those used in battles, imo. View must me nice \m/ Its basically because I've only used one Water starter and that's the Totodile family, never used the rest!

If you encounter Magikarp by fishing or Basculin by fishing and from whirlpools, what are going to do?
    Are you asking are we going to capture or it watch it splash around for six-hundred-ninety-seven turns? I'd probably watch them splash the crap out of the grass, must be way more entertaining than viewing a movie :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Join:
    Name: ۩۞۩FusedZekrom۩۞۩

Partner: Kyogre and Feraligatr (gwahahaha)

Reason: Water type is my third favourite type after Electric type and Grass type

Topic:
    Not very like it.I love great damage moves, but Hydro Cannon needs to recharge after used.

If you encounter Magicarp by fishing or Basculin by fishing and from whirlpools, what are going to do?
    Fight. I always use them to raise weak electric type pokemon XD

Fee: 1 PokeDollars

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    No way, I never taught every water-type starter with Hydro Cannon because you have to recharge it after using that move even getting missed or avoided by the foe's pokemon.
    New topic :D

What I did is to run away from it or sometimes faint it to gain EXP for my Pokemon team :D

I actually like your topic. xD I'll take it, but next time just stick with the current topic and you can just suggest the topics to me via PM or VM okay!

I'm just gonna answer mine first. Yes, I have used the move Hydro Cannon, and yes I have taught it to my Samurott. It's powerful indeed, despite the whole "wait till you're recharged" crap. I was able to beat a few Pokemon with just one try with that move...and that's quite satisfying. :D

Join:
    Name: ۩۞۩FusedZekrom۩۞۩

Partner: Kyogre and Feraligatr (gwahahaha)

Reason: Water type is my third favourite type after Electric type and Grass type

Topic:
    Not very like it.I love great damage moves, but Hydro Cannon needs to recharge after used.

Fight. I always use them to raise weak electric type pokemon XD

Fee: 1 PokeDollars

Welcome to The Water Park, FusedZekrom! I like your choice of Pokemon! Be sure you answer the riddle if you want (on the first post) and well, enjoy it here! ^_^

I have not. Unfortunately. Although I do like the Water Pledge move used with the other Grass/Fire type selections. Would love to see those used in battles, imo. View must me nice \m/ Its basically because I've only used one Water starter and that's the Totodile family, never used the rest!

If you encounter Magikarp by fishing or Basculin by fishing and from whirlpools, what are going to do?
    Are you asking are we going to capture or it watch it splash around for six-hundred-ninety-seven turns? I'd probably watch them splash the crap out of the grass, must be way more entertaining than viewing a movie :D

In B/W I only have Samurott as my only starter, so that's just the only Pokemon I taught it to. Kinda wish it was available to other water-types.

RUN AWAY. JUST...RUN AWAY. USE REPEL. USE SPELL TAG...I just....want to stay away from them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back