• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 1 new pokemon,Victinis' type !

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Lol, the deer looks less like Bambi than most people thought it did :P

1 new pokemon,Victinis' type !

O really? You are saying Bambi doesnt look like the new deer pokemon? Really?

Years
    heck yes for Pyrokinesis! (psy/fire) thats pretty awesome typing. :D

Im really,really loving that bug for some reason, its a cuter weedle. And im glad the swan is better looking than it was shown to be in that pokebeach (i think) image. whew. :/

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I bet you all a million bucks that bug evolves into that mantis.

So it goes from a leaf bug to a armored axe dinosaur?

That "Mantis" has bug like armor because it probably undergoes what Larvitar and Bagon did. Larvitar and Bagon both evolved into Cocoon like Pokemon and then they evolved into massive and powerful bug like Dragons. Kibago probably undergoes this same change when turning into Ononokusu.

Back to the Leaf Bug:
    It will probably turn into a cocoon and then into some sort of bug/flying or grass/flying pokemon. Or it could be different and not be a Cocoon or flying bug after all.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Overall, I'm pretty please and hardly disappointed. Glad to have a flying/water(if that is our swan's type) for the first time since Gen III.

lol We've received a Water/Flying in every generation so far and III wasn't really that far away, so "for the first time" is a bit excessive haha

Gen I -- Gyarados
    Gen II -- Mantine
    Gen III -- Wingull, Pelipper
    Gen IV -- Mantyke

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    IMO, This is just adding to the whole "Isshu is part of America" in my eyes.

Bambi is an american cartoon, and it's obvious part of the inspiration was from Bambi, at least to me. The colorations, if replaced with Bambi's colors, would be a Pokemon-ized form of Bambi.

The swan, if it ends up evolving FROM a duck (not saying Farfetch'd as suggesting that earlier made people go NOOOO:P) is based on the Ugly Duckling, one of the most famous childrens stories in the US.

At least to me, these just add to the possibility that Isshu is america. The map matching New York and many other things also. XD

Ah: And it has to be said - The fawn looks like a West Sinnoh Gastrodon and a Stantler had an egg, then stole a flower from Shaymin and Dyed it. >_>

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    I Looooove the bug!! its sooo cute!! Finally a cute bug pokemon!
    I hate the swan even more and that picture has ruined the deer thing for me too... it looks like something out of a kids bedtime story book :S

Also I think Fire/Psychic is an awesome combo, I just wish it was on a pokemon other than a legendary. I hate using legendaries in my team :(

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    That bug is the biggest win in a pokemon design for this gen. It's like it came straight out of a gen 1 time capsule ... I *love* it.

That and the grass starter's eye are pure pokemon spirited wins.

Swan and bambi are cool, all is looking good.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ah: And it has to be said - The fawn looks like a West Sinnoh Gastrodon and a Stantler had an egg, then stole a flower from Shaymin and Dyed it. >_>

That makes so much sense, omg. Well, I mean I already thought the other parts, but the Sinnoh Pokemon just completes it :O

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I indeed remember that. I guess you were right. It still doesn't look like a fire type to me, nor a psychic one for that matter.

That swan looks a lot better than it did in that previous art. I like it a lot more now. I also think it'll be one of Aloe's Pokemon. It has the same pose as Aloes artwork. :P

:P indeed

I bet you all a million bucks that bug evolves into that mantis.

1- i dont see how that thing is a mantis at all:

while [insert image of pokemon here]
    has no arms, likes like a dinosaur, and doesnt even have bug-eyes, it has only the torso-shape in relation to a mantis, therefore its clear not a mantis.

2- nope, its the caterpie, caterpies turn into bees,butterflies,&moths
    i think this one is bug/grass

3- its not a bloody mantis, how does it look like a mantis? i mean seriously noones seen a mantis, thats why ive put a picture thats a lil up close& personal with a mantis, cuz Scyther IS a mantis, but that thing is NOT a mantis

4- my hunger rant is over :P

IMO, This is just adding to the whole "Isshu is part of America" in my eyes.

Bambi is an american cartoon, and it's obvious part of the inspiration was from Bambi, at least to me. The colorations, if replaced with Bambi's colors, would be a Pokemon-ized form of Bambi.

The swan, if it ends up evolving FROM a duck (not saying Farfetch'd as suggesting that earlier made people go NOOOO:P) is based on the Ugly Duckling, one of the most famous childrens stories in the US.

At least to me, these just add to the possibility that Isshu is america. The map matching New York and many other things also. XD

this post has everythin im thinkin :P

oh and to the person who thinks bambie&shi-watta isnt related
    look at the pic, theres not THAT much difference
    and i doubt you can really count colouration, considering last time i checked slugs werent made of boiling lava,& glowing red *points to slugma*
    the tail is a horrible excuse, bambies tail did that several times in the movie,when it moved/was looked at,at certain angles
    & lastly, bambie wasnt exactly super long legged when he was born, its called growing, which doesnt happen in pokemon :P

whoot 2 rants :P i must be really hungry lol

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Although I agree it's not a mantis, and... unappealing, spoiler please x_X You'll murder someone's connection.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    That Bug Pokemon is one of the best designs I've seen so far for this Generation. Simple, but effective, just like every good Pokemon is. I have a feeling it's Caterpie's counterpart for this Gen.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    wow everyone seems to like the bug :)
    some think it's leafs colors will change with the seasons, Green-spring, Darker green- Summer, Autumn- Orange, and Winter- White...

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    wow everyone seems to like the bug :)
    some think it's leafs colors will change with the seasons, Green-spring, Darker green- Summer, Autumn- Orange, and Winter- White...

who wouldnt love that adorable leafy, wormy, buggy lol

its the bug i hoped for in gen4,i think they planned it from gen1, but i bet it was pushed back to gen5

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm i the only one who seems to think there is some sort of connection between

and

I can see where you see how they resemble each other by the colors, but they're two different pokémon. First off, Rankurusu is an Amplification pokémon and it's a psychic type.

The little worm is really cute though.. :3

Back