• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

104 tabs, that's a new record!

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
  • Why do you guys open so many tabs? I normally have one tabs open. Most tabs I opened should be 4 tabs.

Years
  • I usually keep four or five tabs open, depending on what I'm doing. I like to be able to switch through websites freely, but at the same time avoid too much clutter. If my tabs bar gets too populated, I usually start cutting it down when it gets around 10 or 15 tabs. Sometimes I forget about them and leave one open for hours at a time even if I didn't have anything left to do with the site, haha. n__n;

Years
  • Why do you guys open so many tabs? I normally have one tabs open. Most tabs I opened should be 4 tabs.
    I want to know how you maintain using multiple websites simultaneously, because like 99% of people I talk to always have multiple tabs open. :p

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
    Years
  • I want to know how you maintain using multiple websites simultaneously, because like 99% of people I talk to always have multiple tabs open. :p

Well, I dont open youtube or other social network such as facebook or twitter. When visiting a forums, I open two tabs. One, homepage. Second, thread that interest me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In the past, I used to work with dozens of tabs. Highest amount I had ever opened would be around twenty-two, haha. Now, though, I limit myself only to about three to four at a time. My connection's pretty bad, and having too many tabs makes it even worse, somehow, unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Too many tabs and I get overwhelmed. I try to keep my tabs at maybe 4 or 5 tabs open max. I can't think of any reason why you would need more than 15 max open.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • At the moment I have six open, but I never have more than 10, unless I'm using Chrome in which I sometimes pin tabs. As for records, I used to use GPX+ a lot back in the day and in those early years before they revamped the feeder thing, I easily had 200+ tabs open at a stretch.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • The use of multiple manly tabs and windows is a mark of a true manly man. As the Manly Man of Steel, I currently have approximately 420 manly tabs open across 6 manly windows, although at last count on my extremely manly desktop I had over 1000 manly tabs open in a single manly window.

Years
  • I'd say I usually have anywhere from 3 to 5 tabs open at any time at the very least. 10 or so during more active browsing times. At most I can't have more than maybe....20-ish open at once.

Not because my computer can't handle it. But after that point I start getting personally bothered by too many tabs being open, so I'll start trying to find anything that I can close just to keep the number down.

Years
  • 104.. @_@

I usually have a maximum of 7 maybe and that's usually pushing it. My average is 2-4 because I'm a neat freak and close tabs I am not using at the time. One of my friends always seems to have 20+ open and it drives me nuts to see her computer every time since I want to close them. A lot of them she won't even use but just keeps around to look back on weeks later.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    Oh gosh, I need to be part of the Too Many Tabs anonymous. I always have a boatload of tabs open. I blame Tumblr. :I It's pretty common for me to have 30-50 tabs open at a time. I love how it doesn't even slow down my PC.

A couple months ago, I had to install some more memory in my PC because everything was sloooow. XD

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Oh my god you guys are literally insane. More than 3 tabs just sounds like utter madness to me!

So with that I usually only have about 2 open... which consists of either tumblr or PC and Youtube. At current I have 3 open : PC, tumblr, and Youtube. It's rare that I'll use tumblr and PC at the same time but they're pretty much a given. Anyhow, I get confused when there's 4+ tabs open, so I keep it down to an amount I can handle. uvu;

.. No but seriously you guys are nuts.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I have about 8 tabs open (1 pinned for music and 7 normal). In Opera you used to be able to stack tabs, but they've removed it in their new Chrome-based versions - I miss it a lot.

Sometimes when I browse websites like tvtropes.com and other wiki-like sites, I can find myself with up to 30 tabs at once. Never really find the use for any more.

Years
  • Well, I'm down to about 118 right now (most of them dormant, mind), down from a peak of 150 yesterday afternoon which made me realize I should pare down on my inactive tabs. I think about 20 are currently active, which is a typical number for me. Once I get these inactive tabs pared down, I probably won't go any higher than 40 at any given time, and that'll probably be due to Reddit.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I would never keep more than 4 tabs open at once... It just would seem like complete madness after that. I cannot see why you would need more than 4 at least.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I have so many tabs open. I rarely seem to close anything ;; I currently have 18 open but I closed a bunch a couple hours ago so definitely not the most I've ever had open!!

Back