• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen 20 Days Mark - How Are You Prolonging Your Hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So today marks the 40 days mark until the release of the much anticipated Pokémon X & Pokémon Y. More precisely, according to my desktop counter, at the time of this post we have exactly :
    nrJeccT.png

I have kept myself hyped through this long wait, by deciding to watch the entirety of the Pokémon anime from beginning to the most recent episode by the time I get there - I've just seen Ash beat Drake at the Orange League and say goodbye to Lapras. I'm also playing through a Nuzlocke of SoulSilver.
    My question to you is:

How are you keeping yourself hyped about this game?

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've been anticipating these games from the word go, or the 8th January to be precise... I can't believe we've only got a little over one month to wait now and I bet these coming weeks will feel like they're going by veeeery slowly. ;;

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • I don't do anything related to the games or the anime. I just draw the Pokémon revealed so far, around 2 (Maybe 3) a day, but not daily. I sometimes take breaks from drawing, though. Some days I do not feel like it. ~_~

I've got 14 out of 29 so far.

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    It kinda feels surreal, I mean I feel like they haven't released enough information to be coming out with a game in a month. But whatever. I'm kinda occupied with school so I think the less I dwell on the release, the quicker the day will come.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I've just been speculating and discussing on here. I'm trying to not overhype myself like I did with Gen V's pairs, it makes the time go by quicker...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm not really doing much to prolong my hype. Maybe it's because, while I have pre-ordered it, I don't really have the money to buy it yet so until then I feel like if I tried to hype about it then I'll be let down by not being able to get it on release date. But I suppose I've been playing other games and doing other things to distract myself so it only seems that way because when I think about X and Y I do get pretty excited!

Years
  • This month is going to be so long. ugh. I am so excited about the games. But I will avoid all the spoilers from now on. I kinda want to discover everything on my own :)

I am playing Black 2, hunting for a shiny Eevee and training 2 teams! :) This will keep me distracted haha

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 40 days till the release...that means 40 days of saving money!

I've been very excited about it each and every day, there's still many many unanswered questions about the starter evos and everything else that's important. But we will get there eventually!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Alcohol. And lots of it.

Joking (slightly) Mostly just making my rounds on different forums. Most of my time waiting has been waiting for the next CoroCoro, in order to break down the anticipation haha!

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • I can't believe that after nine months since the reveal of this generation, my head has not exploded. A little over a month doesn't sound so bad, but I have a feeling the days will start to increase in longevity. In order to pass the time without these games being in my head, I tend to play(or replay) Pokemon games that I've never beaten(which were mainly spin-offs), and just playing other games in general. I've bought quite a few 3DS games that I haven't opened yet since I got them. Also, I'm doing full time at a university, so that should pass some time up as well. I think I'm good to go with waiting, and I've also decided to stop reading spoilers once October comes, so that should be interesting.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Rewatching all the Pokemon Trailers for X Y.I shed tears of happiness(literally)while watching each one.I think of myself throwing the pokeball and my little chespin coming out.
    I am thinking of shutting the wifi down for october and play those untouches 3ds games.

Years
  • I try spend my time playing pokemon games and using a lot of pokemon I didn't got to use, so I won't be bothered by this when I will mainly use six gen pokemons.
    And soon I get my 3ds XL so It be more easy to spend time with work, working out and video games

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I can wait, because honestly, 40 days isn't very long. I still have about three games for my 3DS that I haven't completely finished, so playing these games would be a great way to pass time. I'm planning to pre-order Pokémon Y on GameStop within the next couple of weeks, so that as soon as the game's released, it would arrive at my front door. I'd be one of the first to play it. n__n

EJ Nero

Water forever
    Years
  • I actually am fine this time around and not counting down like I have with previous gens. I mean I can't wait for the new generation, but I still haven't played Black 2 yet, and don't have a 3DS (and besides X I also want Animal Crossing: New Leaf). I most likely won't even buy the game until late October or November unless I buy my 3DS this month. So with the other games I want, the 3DS I've yet to buy, and everything else I have going on in life (school, work, money, stress, blah) I'm sure the release date will get here faster than I want it to. I have too much going on to be as psyched as I could be. (-_-)

Years
  • Im working 50+ hours the next few weeks to save for a 3ds thanks to me being a drunken fool and breaking my other one. All these bills suck but its totally worth all the work to be able to buy the system and the games yes i will buy both like i always do. I havent been this excited since gold/silver/crystal came out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back