• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'll be away skiing for most of the week but hopefully I'll be able to catch most of the hockey games. It's what I'm looking forward to the most. And possibly curling because for some reason I took a liking to it this (last?) year during the Canadian finals which is kind of lolwut because it's curling. ಠ_ಠ
    I'm kinda looking forward to curling because I did a project on it way back when, so I appreciate a little bit more.

reyzn

Years
    Canada received a second gold medal today in Women's Snowboard Cross.
    &Hockey action begins today!
    Cheering for Canada and Russia to make it to the finals.

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
    I'm going to display my British pride here.
    We have ZERO medals, that's right, NONE.
    Apparently we're pretty good at curling, but as I'm tying this I'm browsing the BBC sport website, the men's team has been defeated, and I doubt they'll get very far then.

Hey-ho, bring on 2012 :D

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Apparently we're pretty good at curling, but as I'm tying this I'm browsing the BBC sport website, the men's team has been defeated, and I doubt they'll get very far then.

Really? oh, my gosh :O well I hope we win some medals sooner or later =/

Years

Really? oh, my gosh :O well I hope we win some medals sooner or later =/
    I got some good news for both of you. Great Britain has won a Gold Medal in Skeleton. Also Apolo Ohno has won his seventh career gold medal.

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
    At this point, it hurts for me to watch the Olympics, with Canada not "owning the podium" but rather "owning the spot next to the podium". Big blow for men's hockey as well - and it was hardly a shocking win. Brodeur wasn't all that great.

reyzn

Years
    Such a horrible Canada/USA game. They didn't even televise the game in the streets of Vancouver because they were scared of the possibility of riots.

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
    Riots? You'd think the crowds would be silent at this point. If Canada won, the bars would be busy, but not tonight.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I got some good news for both of you. Great Britain has won a Gold Medal in Skeleton. Also Apolo Ohno has won his seventh career gold medal.

wow, yay england won a medal....

finally XD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Right now the event I look forward into watching almost all the time, is Ice Skating an Skiing. I'm satisfied with the Hockey as well.
    US shocked Canada in Hockey thanks to Ryan Kesler and I am tolerable with that. In one of Yahoo's articles, they announced that Ryan had said he guaranteed they would beat the Canadians.

I can't say I'm not ecstatic to see what next is stored in the Winter Olympic Events; shall be fun to watch. I'm also keeping an eye on Evan Lysacek in the Figure Skating event, he skated really well and won the gold. :)

Ayselipera

Well now that the men's ice skating is over ( which I watched ) I'm waiting for the women's short skate on Tuesday and then the women's free skate on Thursday.

Sadly, I no longer know who the famous skaters are. I used to be a really big fan of Michelle Kwan, but she either retired or is just no going to be in the Olympics anymore. Oh well, I'm just really excited for the two events. I'm much more excited for the women's skating then ice dancing, which I briefly tuned into the other day. That put me to sleep.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I am glad that Canada is hosting and doing good in hockey. The beat the USA in hockey last night. But the US has the most total metal count.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    We... didn't beat USA in hockey last night, though. We had a horrible game that the team wouldn't come together and win. :( Too many penalties in the third period and Brodeur just didn't seem to be playing his best. (I was really surprised they didn't pull him for... one of the backups whose name escapes me right now.)

They kept saying through the game last night that Canada could only achieve 6th place (or lower) if they lost to the States in regulation time but thankfully that's totally wrong. We just have to pick ourselves up and beat Germany to get into the quarter-finals and then we face Russia which is not as impressive a team as everyone's saying, I don't think.

OH WELL. CANADIAN WOMEN TONIGHT. That game shouldn't be as stressful as last night's. 8D;

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    The US showed why, even under adversity, they don't crumble. They played a great game, and they wanted that win more. (The US men hadn't beaten Canada since 1960.)

I think it might be Russia vs. United States for the gold. But, the Russians just have a better offensive output with Ovechkin, Malkin and Gonchar.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Sorry guys about the Canada beat the USA a friend told me that. HE LIED! I just saw a recap of it. Dang I thought Canada was going to own.

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
    From the people I've talked to, that optimistic view about stomping over the Americans certainly wasn't there. The Swiss was the team that defeated Canada back in 2006 - that year was Canada's worst standing ever since, at 7th place. This year, Canada beat the Swiss during overtime; the US are still solid and undefeated so far. And perhaps, the general gloom over Americans pretty much taking over this Olympics in regards to medal count contributes to the pessimism. So no, I don't think Canada's defeat was a surprise at all.

Back