• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I'm still upset that CBC isn't covering the Olympics this year. :\

I have to switch between the two Canadian networks that are televising it... That or stoop so low as to watch the American coverage... which is horribly biased.

reyzn

Years
    I thoroughly enjoyed Brodeur's baseball bat swing =\
    Oh well, looking forward to the Canada/Germany game..

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
    New gold medal for Canada - ice dance of Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir. They've done a really beautiful job in their routines.

Years
    oh my...In football Russia lost to Slovakia!!I am from Russia and I am so dissapointed in them!!!And u know why they lost?It's all because that night before the football match all Russian team drunk and in the morning they were all sleepy.How dissapointing!!!All Russia was so dissapointed.Even president was dissapointed.They were talking about it for sooooooo long in the news.I'm sure it was at least for 2 weeks.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Excited for Canada vs Germany tonight! Hopefully we come out on top or I'll be sad. :(

Last night's gold medal for Canada was great. I loved hearing about how Scott teased Tessa and told her they got second when he knew she wasn't paying attention to scores. XD; And how the Americans who got silver were such close friends. It was just nice to see. :D

oh my...In football Russia lost to Slovakia!!I am from Russia and I am so dissapointed in them!!!And u know why they lost?It's all because that night before the football match all Russian team drunk and in the morning they were all sleepy.How dissapointing!!!All Russia was so dissapointed.Even president was dissapointed.They were talking about it for sooooooo long in the news.I'm sure it was at least for 2 weeks.
    What does football have to do with Winter Olympics? o_O

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Excited for Canada vs Germany tonight! Hopefully we come out on top or I'll be sad. :(

Last night's gold medal for Canada was great. I loved hearing about how Scott teased Tessa and told her they got second when he knew she wasn't paying attention to scores. XD; And how the Americans who got silver were such close friends. It was just nice to see. :D

What does football have to do with Winter Olympics? o_O

That thing about Scott teasing Tessa was pretty funny. Though a bit cruel, too...

And we had better win, or else everyone will be sad.

Maybe Russia televises a special Olympics?

reyzn

Years
    Much anticipated Canada versus Russia tomorrow!!
    That game is going to be amazing..

Ayselipera

I really enjoyed the women's short ice skating program last night. Even though Kim Yu-Na is favored to win and had the highest score of the night I still felt like her rival Mao Asada was better.

At the same time I'm kind of rooting for Joannie Rochette. After hearing about how her mom died only a few days ago and then seeing her and her father crying after her performance was really touching. It made me tear up a little. :3

Anyways now I'm really excited for the long ice skating program on Thursday!

reyzn

Years
    Wow Canada completely steamrolled Russia today.
    And more medals for Canada today: Gold and Silver in women's bobsleigh, Bronze in women's 5000m speed skate, and Silver and women's short track 3000m relay!

Cherrim

Years
    WOMEN'S FINAL TONIGHT IN HOCKEY WHOOOO!

I won't be able to stream it fullscreen in HD like the last couple nights though since I have an assignment I haven't even started that's due at 10pm tonight, but I'll still be watching! ♥

I was a bit surprised by last night's Canada vs Russia hockey game. o_O I didn't expect us to cream them like that... it was impressive! I kept hearing people go on about how amazing Russia's team was but I must admit when I glanced it over last week, no one really stood out all that much. But whatever... we made it into semi-finals. n_n

Last night's bobsledding was pretty cool. :'D I was really proud of our silver medalists there because they actually bumped their way into second place when, iirc, they came out of the second run in like fifth. Pretty impressive!

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
    I've noticed that the overall atmosphere of the games have been progressively brighter as the days go by, and I like that.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Umm, Canada owned Russia yesterday in hockey. Simply amazing game.
    7/3

Oh and I think U.S won't do anything to Canada this time around ^^

Cherrim

Years
    I think the US could medal in both men's and women's ice hockey. And to think, no one really gave them a chance...
    Never gave them a chance...? XD;

The ONLY contenders in women's hockey (for now, anyway--could change in the next few Olympics!) are the US and Canada so really, those two countries are guaranteed Gold and Silver, pretty much.

As for men's, the US team, again, it pretty damn good. o.o I'm not at all surprised they're contending for a medal again this year. No one's discounting them, for sure.

But Canada is ttly going to get gold in both because I said so. ;_;

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    But Canada is ttly going to get gold in both because I said so. ;_;
    Because I said so too! :D

The Canadian women have just been pwning the rink, so they'd better cream the Americans tonight. They're on home ice, after all! XD

And as for the men, they played a good game against Russia yesterday, and now they're just itching for a rematch against their southern neighbours. That's going to be one epic match on Sunday.

Note the fact that I've already written off Slovakia and Finland. Sorry guys, but you're in the way of our re-enactment of the War of 1812! :P

Cherrim

Years
    Oh man oh man, that's how it's done!

I didn't even get to see tonight's goals--was busy doing preliminary work on an assignment before I loaded the stream and by the time I did, the game was already 2-0. I've been drifting in and out of paying attention but daaaamn we did awesome! ♥

Now hopefully the men were taking notes. :P

edit: ajkdhdjfs haha fellow Canadians, you know that Coke commercial (hockey, "Let them know whose game they're playing") that's been on EVERY COMMERCIAL BREAK?? They changed the end of it to read "Congratulations Canada on winning gold." ahaha :'D Nice touch!

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    USA! USA! USA!

I just want to know, why in the world is curling a sport? I don't understand it at all. Someone, 'splain it.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    USA! USA! USA!

I just want to know, why in the world is curling a sport? I don't understand it at all. Someone, 'splain it.

I got a little confused with your question. Do you not understand Curling's rules? Or do you not understand why it's in the olympics?

While I personally like Curling (weird sense of entertainment, I know.) It's a physically demanding game that has diffrent countries that celebrate it, so why wouldn't it be in the Olympics? I dunno, you can blame Nagano for that ;D

Now I personally absolute love the Olympics, and I'm feeling totally patrioric about them. Except that apparentely the Canadians where swearing at you Americans or something, that's what friends on LJ told me anyways. I was too lazy to look into it, is it ture?

Gonna see how our female figure skaters do tonight :D

Back