• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012; The Apocalypse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Well, according to some ancient calender (I think it was the Mayan Calender? Can't Remember) the world will have it's "apocalypse" sometime in 2012 (because thouse people used 2012 as the last year. What do you think about this theory, and do you belive it. And most importantly, are you scared?

Well, as for me, I really don't belive it. I think the world will spare this generation of ultimate doom, but things don't last forever, do they? And yes, I am not scared. I'm terrified of a possible doomsday....

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    It is complete and utter crap. I'm pretty sure that it is prophesied by astrology, out of all pseudo-scientific B.S.
    This is the same astrology that tells your horoscope, where floating rocks in space alter your future and social life.

kacqn

???
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    My friend told me that near when school started I don't know to belive it or not?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    It is complete and utter crap. I'm pretty sure that it is prophesied by astrology, out of all pseudo-scientific B.S.
    This is the same astrology that tells your horoscope, where floating rocks in space alter your future and social life.
    False.

It is based on advanced mathematical equations. Also, astrology is an invention of the West which the Mayans had no idea existed.

Also, they don't say an apocolypse will occur. They say the calender will end, it has ended 5 times in the past. Their calender just starts over when it ends, which happens to be on 12/21/12. The only reason 12/21/12 is rumored to be the date for the apocolypse is because so many respected prophets, all lived centuries apart with no knowledge of each other's presence predicted it. The only reason people go, "Oh, that might happen then" is because they left predictions that when interpreted can be applied to many things.

It is said (and interpreted that) Nostradamus predicted September 11th, World War One and Two, Hitler, Napoleon, and more.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I think we should be allowed to shoot anyone who truly believes this, so that they don't have to live through the supposed apocalypse... XD

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

False.

It is based on advanced mathematical equations. Also, astrology is an invention of the West which the Mayans had no idea existed.

Also, they don't say an apocolypse will occur. They say the calender will end, it has ended 5 times in the past. Their calender just starts over when it ends, which happens to be on 12/21/12. The only reason 12/21/12 is rumored to be the date for the apocolypse is because so many respected prophets, all lived centuries apart with no knowledge of each other's presence predicted it. The only reason people go, "Oh, that might happen then" is because they left predictions that when interpreted can be applied to many things.

It is said (and interpreted that) Nostradamus predicted September 11th, World War One and Two, Hitler, Napoleon, and more.

Of course it is interpreted that, but he made such broad statements, it could be taken into so much different contexts. Please show me the science in an apocalypse happening because the planets are in a certain position.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I don't want to say I believe, but I don't want to say that I think is a gargantuan load of bullcrap either. You first have to acknowledge prophets with no knowledge of each other predicted identically. But when comes to science there really is little if no proof at all.

As I said, I won't be taking sides in the believing of this but just in case I'll try to win the lottery and get laid first o.o'

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Yes, the world will end. But no, the world will not end on 12/21/12. Do you know why? Because we are merely humans. We can't predict something so catastrophic like this and say it's gonna happen and start screaming our heads off. Honestly, people have been making up dates for the end of the world for centuries, and we still haven't seen one that is actually the "end of the world". I don't think this date will be any different. People are just going to keep inventing dates for the end of the world, and some people will keep spreading these dates around because they're bored and want some drama. I can't wait until 12/21/12 and see all those people freaking out. And then they'll wake up the next morning and see that the world hasn't ended. Surprise, surprise. :O

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017

Of course it is interpreted that, but he made such broad statements, it could be taken into so much different contexts. Please show me the science in an apocalypse happening because the planets are in a certain position.
    Thank you for repeating what I just said. o_o

Also, saying the world will end in 12/21/12 is just as ignorant as saying it wont. No one or is that what the government wants us to think knows when the world will end. It could end at any second of any minute of any hour of any day and so on~

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Yes, the world will end. But no, the world will not end on 12/21/12. Do you know why? Because we are merely humans. We can't predict something so catastrophic like this and say it's gonna happen and start screaming our heads off. Honestly, people have been making up dates for the end of the world for centuries, and we still haven't seen one that is actually the "end of the world". I don't think this date will be any different. People are just going to keep inventing dates for the end of the world, and some people will keep spreading these dates around because they're bored and want some drama. I can't wait until 12/21/12 and see all those people freaking out. And then they'll wake up the next morning and see that the world hasn't ended. Surprise, surprise. :O

i concur, i mean, people thought that the turn of the century to 2000 would mark the end of the world but look, we are still here! same for when they struck up the hadron-collider, people thought we were gonna die but we havent yet. 2012 could just be another date but it could just be the date the world ends. its up to us to have our own opinions and let ourselves think when the world is gonna end. we also have to wait for this time to be disproved like last time.

arceusx

Marshtomp lover #1!
    Years
  • But nostredamus siad alot of stuff. Here's an article of the amrageddon.
    "During the appearance of
    The Bearded Star, the three
    great princes will be made
    enemies. The shaky peace on
    earth will be struck by fire
    from the skies. Po, The
    winding Tiber, a serpent placed
    on the shore." C2 Q4
    MABUS will soon die,
    Then will come a horrible
    slaughter of people and animals
    At once vengance revealed coming
    from a hundred hands
    "Thirst and Famine when
    The Comet shall pass
    C2 Q72

Last edited:

HyPeRsHoCk

Lerk
    Years
  • I do believe the world will indeed end someday. But the question is, will it be in 2012? Nobody knows but God. We will only know when that time comes in 2012, or if we get through that year without the world ending lol. Am I scared? No. Whatever happens happens. There's nothing anyone can do about it.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    Maybe they just stopped? Maybe they could only predict so far and needed to wait a few years? Maybe the predicting took a while and when they got to 2012 they were invaded shortly after?

What I am saying, is it ain't true. There is a logical reason that they stopped their calendar.

And yes the world will end someday, the sun will eventually die and we won't be able to sustain life. Or maybe we will blow each other up, it doesn't matter. I know the world will end, just know that it won't end on 2012.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    But nostredamus siad alot of stuff. Here's an article of the amrageddon.
    "During the appearance of
    The Bearded Star, the three
    great princes will be made
    enemies. The shaky peace on
    earth will be struck by fire
    from the skies. Po, The
    winding Tiber, a serpent placed
    on the shore." C2 Q4
    MABUS will soon die,
    Then will come a horrible
    slaughter of people and animals
    At once vengance revealed coming
    from a hundred hands
    "Thirst and Famine when
    The Comet shall pass
    C2 Q72
    Thank you for repeating what I just said, after someone else repeated it.

@ HyPeRsHoCk Don't make this into something religious. :/

@ firelordyako Y2K and 2012 are not in common at all. Y2K had no basis, it was just a rumor flung from no where. 2012 actually has reason.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I don't know why it is so important for people to "predict" the end of the world, or any event for that matter...

But needless to say, it is beyond bullcrap... Not to mention that in the past some "predictions" were made solely on the use of hallucinogens.

As well, those who believe the world will end any day, seem to enjoy living in a constant fear or something... A waste of time really...

And last but not least: Fate is a lie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back