• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will happen?

• Total voters

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Personally, I'm hoping we'll all be able to talk to each other with our minds, as the Noosphere Theory suggests.

I also agree with many other posters here: I don't think the world is going to just end -- especially without any warning, in the blink of an eye. We have a little under two years left, so if something was up we'd notice ( or should have noticed ) it by now. If anything does happen, 2012 will just be the day "it all begins" -- but I do get the feeling something historical will happen, just not cataclysmic. It might even be a day that our own paranoia leads to a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Ha... It's a load of crap. Nothing will happen. -w-
    Except maybe a bunch of people get laughed at for freaking out! XD

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
  • Nothing's going to happen then, but I'm sure as hell gonna be locked in my basement on that day as a bunch of gullible idiots are going to be causing mayhem on day of "the end of the world" =P

Years
  • I don't think anything will happen, but like Cooker said, all of the gullible believers are going to go crazy before the actual date.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • All I know is, I'm very upset that I turn 21 about 20 days after the world is supposed to implode.

If the world doesn't end, I did warn my manager that I might be calling out, coming to work with a hangover, or come to work still drunk. I plan on partying that night, no matter what happens v_______v!

WHEN THE WORLD COMES CRASHING DOWN, WHO'S READY TO PARTY?

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • 2012 is just another marketing campaign like Valentine's Day. Nothing will happen.

Well... marketing campaign is a little harsh xD But I don't think the world's gonna end and everyone dies. No, I think the atmosphere will change abit and everyone starts doing nice to each other, no wars, everyone has respect... Wouldn't it be awesome?

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years

• Well, they didn't predict the end of the world.

They did, however, have a prophecy that giant, light skinned men, wearing shining armor, would cross over from the ocean- to them it was the God Quetzalcoatl returning. So they techincally did. :x

Maybe this is why they decided to stop making their calender :P

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Really? I didn't know that. But if it resets, why do people think the world is going to end?

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    Absolutely nothing. Over 1000 apocolypse predictions have been wrong and that number will grow.

if the mayans are so smart why did they ritualistically cut off each others heads and roll them down their temples?

If they are so smart how come they are all dead?

Years
  • Absolutely nothing. Over 1000 apocolypse predictions have been wrong and that number will grow.

if the mayans are so smart why did they ritualistically cut off each others heads and roll them down their temples?

If they are so smart how come they are all dead?

The Mayans were an extremely sophisticated and advanced culture. Just because you don't understand the History, that doesn't make them stupid or barbaric. Don't assume things when you don't have the whole picture.

Plenty of Western civilizations also were famous for chopping each others heads off, in example, 1789 France.

Last edited:
    Years

• The Mayans were an extremely sophisticated and advanced culture. Just because you don't understand the History, that doesn't make them stupid or barbaric. Don't assume things when you don't have the whole picture.

Plenty of Western civilizations also were famous for chopping each others head off, in example, 1789 France.

As said before, the Mayans were pretty advanced for the time period they were in.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • This is supposed to happen the day before my 21st birthday. I will never get to try alcohol. :'(

All I know is, I'm very upset that I turn 21 about 20 days after the world is supposed to implode.
    Lol, 20 days? Try the day before. :P

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I don't see 2012 as anything more than just another year. I don't think anything different is going to happen other than the norm.

Years
  • A new age of technology. Less politics, more flying cars. Yay.

That's already here, more or less. From 1990-2011 (my current lifespan) there has been more life0changing technology introduced than the previous 20-30 years. But flying cars? I think that's a bit impractical and a ways off. We still have 50-100 years of Oil to burn through first.

Celebi11

Despicable Me
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2013
    I don't really believe that the End of The World is happening in 2012. I just believe it will come any time. So I think some people are just being gullible...no offense. ^^

Back