• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will happen?

• Total voters
Years
  • This reminds me of when my mom told me of the event of Y2K...

Sorry, but I think the masses should wake up and realize that even if the world did end, they should continue on with their lives, no regrets. We can die at any time, so we should be living to the fullest!

In other words, nope. I don't believe in it.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Absolutely nothing.

Honestly, the judgment day could come any day. It could be tomorrow, it could be 2012, it could be over a thousand years. Who knows?
    All we know is, the end of the world is not a scheduled event. It could happen anytime. Whether it be before, during, or after 2012.

One more comment: Astrology is a complete false superstition. So don't listen to it.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • All of the above. A lot has happened in the last 6 years. Some things could've been prevented, and some couldnt. If something were to happen in 2012, we would take the blame. I think we've upset mother earth long enough.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • Honestly, with only being a little more than a year-and-a-half from that date, I am getting a little nervous.

Granted, it could be like the whole Y2K thing and nothing will happen.

But chances are, however slim those chances may be, that with the way things are degenerating in the Midddle East, war will erupt, everyone will bring their allies into it, everyone will declare war on everyone else, and we'll have WWIII on our hands. And then someone will push the wrong button and start a nuclear holocaust.

I know there's like something like a .0001% chance of that happening, but the possibility is there.

All I have to say is, hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.

Years
  • Correct me if Im wrong, but since when did the Mayan and the Gregorian 2012 align? So if anything were to happen, I doubt it would be in 2012.

They don't really align per say, but the Mayan date mentioned in their mythos, when translated into the Gregorian system, comes out to 12/21/2012. Remember the Mayas went by astrological method that revolved around planetary orbits, etc. Since we know these orbits and their times, we can cross reference them with mayan figures to find the date in question, and then translate it to a Gregorian calendar date.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_Long_Count_calendar

The Long Count calendar identifies a date by counting the number of days from a starting date that is generally calculated to be August 11, 3114 BCE in the proleptic Gregorian calendar or September 6 in the Julian calendar (or −3113 in astronomical year numbering). There has been much debate over the precise correlation between the Western calendars and the Long Count calendars. The August 11 date is based on the GMT correlation (see Correlations between Western calendars and the Long Count calendar section elsewhere in this article for details on correlations).
    The completion of 13 b'ak'tuns (August 11, 3114 BCE) marks the Creation of the world of human beings according to the Maya. On this day, Raised-up-Sky-Lord caused three stones to be set by associated gods at Lying-Down-Sky, First-Three-Stone-Place. Because the sky still lay on the primordial sea, it was black. The setting of the three stones centered the cosmos which allowed the sky to be raised, revealing the sun.[1]
    Rather than using a base-10 scheme, like Western numbering, the Long Count days were tallied in a base-20 and base-18 scheme. Thus 0.0.0.1.5 is equal to 25, and 0.0.0.2.0 is equal to 40. The Long Count is not consistently base-20, however, since the second digit from the right rolls over to zero when it reaches 18. Thus 0.0.1.0.0 does not represent 400 days, but rather only 360 days.

Last edited:

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    This lovely picture should sum up my opinion on this:

Years
  • Bad stuff is going to happen that day: stupid idiots are going to cause harm to the people around them because of a false rumour. So no, I dont believe in 2012 being the end of the world, with astronomical catasphrophies or whatever they think will happen. However, i do believe 2012 will be a dangerous year for humanity. People are paranoid, and they do stupid things. Just because the world might end tommorow, doesnt mean you can go on a killing spree. But many people will

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • It's a hoax. Nothing will happen. Just like March 19, 2011. We don't know when the world will end.
    (So I voted absolutley nothing.)

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • I doubt 2012 is the end. For ages the world has passed by, and it simply cannot just end on 2012.
    If it's anything like games, well just cooporate and become hero and heroines to detect the world from devastation!

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Yeah, we know it's false, but the vast majority of people will believe anything the media tell them, and the media love to be sensationalist. It's how they sell papers or whatever.

Ironically, I gave a nine-minute speech in class today on why the world is going to end on Dec 21, 2012. I don't believe a word of it, which makes it even funnier. I did the whole act - didn't shave for a week, had the cardboard sign and the ragged woolly hat etc - and predicted doom, death and destruction for the whole class. And you know what? Not a single person took me seriously. A class full of intelligent people - the top English class of the year - and not one thought that the world was going to end. And you know why?

Because they're smart. I think it should be almost criminal to report these theories as fact when there is no proof whatsoever! It's like chaff in the breeze, this stuff. You can't pin it down!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Hikari10 said:
    Who the **** brought up this topic?

^ I reserve the right to bring up any topic I so choose. I call the shots here, Hikari10. Deal with it or shut your mouth.

As previously discussed, 2012 =/= The apocalypse. Modern invention. However, there are some loose ends to be tied up concerning these theories.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Sure. The world will end. But not in 2012. Humans are killing themselves off, as everyone knows, and that's the reason I believe they're going to die. Not because of some Galactic alignment. There has been many predictions of Extinctions, and so far, none of them have happened. Of course, it's suddenly going to happen now.

Zurenriri

Has What Grass-Types Crave
    Years
  • Ohmigod the sky is falling the sky is falling the sky is fallinggggggg everybody repent naow or face your dooooooom

Seriously... the people who believe in this stuff are the same ones that believe if the stars are aligned in the right way, they're going to get laid. A bunch of burning fireballs that are over 9000 light years from here do not influence our planet or our life.

People have been saying the world is going to end on a specific date or in a specific year since the beginning of time. Aaaand it hasn't happened yet!

Stars and planets will not bring about our destruction, people will. The Black Plague for example: that killed off about a third of the world's population. In more recent history we have the Cold War. While no nukes were ever fired, the USA and the Soviets were balls to the wall, and that could have resulted in millions of casualties if one country decided to level the other. If I had to predict how the world would end, my best guess would be nuclear war. I don't truly believe we will ever reach zero nukes now that about a dozen nations have armed themselves. Eventually they're going to start flying around and we're all going to blow up.

Anyway that's just my very disorganized two cents. Take it as you will.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Forget 2012, my main concern is how late everybody seems to leave their Christmas shopping! the 21st, four days before Christmas? I believe the world will end in 2012 because nobody will be organised enough to stop it!

Back