• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 3 on 3 BATTLES!!!!

T33nyTurtwig

:D :D :D
Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    I think it'll be REAL EPIC, since there wont be a lack of space for it as they are fully animated and moving around. The one thing i wanna know is if we get to battle the champ, the tower tycoon and the rival on 3v3. If there is one improvement i suggest, its to make the fully animated pokemon MOVE fully, like when you use something like scratch, instead of moving forward, you could get the arm and and have the pokemon doing a scratch motion. And while that happens, a good special effects thing like for a flamethrower, and a moving camera.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • 3 on 3 battles is epic win. Something I have been waiting for since two on two battles. I knew it would come some day!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • 3 on 3 is nice, though it's not too big of an upgrade. 6 on 6 (party vs party) is something to look foward to. Although it needs better physics for 6 on 6. Anyways, I was waiting for 3 on 3 all this time.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    If anything I hate triple battles even more. That sequence screen is a convoluted mess. No thanks

this is gonna be the same person who posts the

"I ****ING LOVE TRIPLE BATTLES" thread once theyve played them :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Watch the "*"'s.

I think everyone either hates or loves the idea of triple battles really. Well... except me, who didn't really care about how many Pokemon in a battle in the first place. Though it'll bring something new to Pokemon - so that's good.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Well, it was bound to be controversial. 3v3 looks interesting, though not sure how balanced it will be. Probably very offensively skewed. Rotational battles make me feel like we're playing Fire Emblem. xD; I don't mind, I'm interested to see if the VGC will shift from 2v2 in 2012 (since the games only come out in March in the US, 2v2 next year seems fairly likely).

Years
  • I kind of like the rotational battles, it's kind of like a way to switch out without getting damaged. It's still mainly 1-on-1 so there's going to be a new twist now. What I want to see is how are the competitive players going to cope with this(if they use this battling mode/style). I'd really like to see strategies used for the rotation battles.

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
    Years
  • Why not more double battles instead of triple battles? Maybe a double gym leader, or a double elite four? That'd be freaking awesome! I've always been a fan of double battles? Triple battles... that's really too much. What's next: a battle 6 vs 6? BTW: that'd be kinda cool:D

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Hm, triple battles... Interesting idea. I was waiting to see if this would happen once I had my first Double Battle in Ruby, and apparently it did. I wonder if they'll make Triplet trainers (Like the Twins trainers, except with a third person.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2014
    It will be alright. But i dont want it to be a major part in the story. Perhaps a battle fronteir thing or something
    Exactly the same thought i can't wait to see how they are going insert these. A battle frontier brain in a 3 on 3 would be awesome. Online 3 on 3... i think that would be utter rubbish tbh like half your team gone unless they increase max team size to something like 8 maybe.

Back