• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming Challenge

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
  • Day 6 - Most annoying character
    The only character that has ever got on my nerves was Fassad from Mother 3.
    He's an animal abuser and brainwashes everyone and changes an entire town...

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Day 6: Most annoying character.
    The most annoying? I have a list of characters I hated, I can't possibly pick the one and only. :P

First and foremost, I'd like to give a big shout-out to Tidus and Wakka from Final Fantasy X. I told Juno last night, whenever these two were together I just wanted to beat them off the nearest rocks. They were so obnoxious to listen to. I actually never beat FFX - because I couldn't handle anymore cutscenes with them.

Giving a shout-out to Tingle as well. He was the worst thing, especially in Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. 20 pages of dialogue to get a god damn map.

Also, a mention to Fi from LoZ: Skyward Sword. I've never played it, I only watched an LP. And watching all of the times she stops you to pop up and give you useless information about the door in front of you.. I don't want to play Skyward Sword. She was worse than Navi. At least Navi waited politely for you to address her. :v

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Day 6 - Most annoying character.

Karol Capel from Tales of Vesperia. It's rare that I'm a fan of little kids in games. They're usually way off the mark when it comes to seeming like real children and it's rare they have a believable reason to go with this party to save the world instead of going to school or something. I'll admit that Karol had a pretty good arc and improves a lot between the start of the game and the end but he still annoyed me all the way through. I hated using him, I hated just about everything he said, and I really wished the game didn't include him.

Honourable mention goes to... every single one of those useless Bowser kids in MK8. Who even are they? Why do they get so many character slots? How come we get them and not Dry Bones? UGH.

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Honourable mention goes to... every single one of those useless Bowser kids in MK8. Who even are they? Why do they get so many character slots? How come we get them and not Dry Bones? UGH.

...You never played Super Mario Bros. 3? D:

Or even the "New SMB" games?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ...You never played Super Mario Bros. 3? D:

Or even the "New SMB" games?
    It was kind of a rhetorical question... but even so, I did play some of the New SMB games and although I technically remember that I've seen the Koopa Kids (? Is that what they're called?) in them, I don't exactly remember them well because they didn't really... do anything except show up for a boss fight. I think. I guess maybe they're just a series mainstay that people who are invested in the games can really appreciate but it baffled me why every single one of them ended up in Mario Kart 8 whereas other characters who've been in MK games before didn't make the cut. :( The annoyance factor mostly just comes in with my characters not making the cut! :P At least in Smash they're all the same character with skin changes, haha.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • 30 Days of Gaming Challenge

Day 6 - Most annoying character

Nothing will deter you from having children more than the shriek of this child.

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    It was kind of a rhetorical question... but even so, I did play some of the New SMB games and although I technically remember that I've seen the Koopa Kids (? Is that what they're called?) in them, I don't exactly remember them well because they didn't really... do anything except show up for a boss fight. I think. I guess maybe they're just a series mainstay that people who are invested in the games can really appreciate but it baffled me why every single one of them ended up in Mario Kart 8 whereas other characters who've been in MK games before didn't make the cut. :( The annoyance factor mostly just comes in with my characters not making the cut! :P At least in Smash they're all the same character with skin changes, haha.

Oh, my bad, lol. Sounded like you had never heard of them - though I wouldn't be surprised if they had been forgotten from SMB 3, given that was 20~ years ago, and I haven't gotten around to the New SMB games, myself.

I can't actually remember, but I could have sworn I heard they were added because of all of the New SMB games they were appearing in. Like, Nintendo suddenly decided they were A Thing™. And they are kind of an "all or nothing" deal, you can't have just one or two of the group..
    So I can understand the disappointment; they take up a third of the screen, and Nintendo basically omitted several more popular choices to make room for them (and all those babies). Birdo's not even an option yet, either, and the DLC just added weird characters (really, Cat Peach was more important that I have to pay for her? Eugh.)

And they're the Koopalings, if you're interested. :3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Now I really want to play FFXIII just to see what's up with Hope. And I need to replay FFX because I really don't recall anything particularly grating about Tidus or Wakka. :P

Looking at all these JRPG mentions, another answer just popped in mind so I'm adding to mine if that's okay. c:

AGNES OBLIGE

(via)

Thinking back a little bit, I actually kind of hated Agnes Oblige from Bravely Default and thought she was really annoying. It wasn't just the terrible, terrible voice acting (god I can't express how much I hated her voice), but the whole 'woe is me, I need to do this alone and I don't want anyone's help' shtick got old real fast, and I'm surprised they dragged out this unbearable side of her for so long - I mean, you can't say you don't need anyone's help when all you've done is accept help from people right from the beginning - you clearly can't do this by yourself, so just say thank you and stop being a bitch. But there it was, almost every time she opened her mouth she'd say something that made me want to punch her.

Spoiler:

It's a shame, I really wanted to like her when I first saw her, 'cause she's so pretty and has the cutest outfits. :D

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years

Bye.

I hated Vanille with a burning passion. I refused to use her any time when it wasn't required and I had to mute the tv any time a cutscene came on and she was part of it. I have never known a character in any media with a more annoying voice and personality. I wish the party would have gotten as tired of her as I did, then there could have been a better ending. Everyone kills Fang, and they all give Vanille to the Fal Cie and then everyone leaves. Perfect.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I've heard some truly horrid voice actors in the games I've played - Yuri Lowenthal is in most JRPGs these days
    Is Yuri Lowenthal supposed to be a model for bad voice acting? Because I'd argue that he's one of the better, higher tier voice actors of the last generation of VAs (along with Liam o' Brien and Laura Bailey, among others). Generally he's praised for his work, and justifiably so.

I mean, if you'd used the very divisive, current generation VA that is Bryce Papenbrook then I'd understand, he seems like a recognizable example of questionable voice acting, but Lowenthal is generally well received.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

lol, someone already mentioned Emil from ToS2; thought I was the only who hated the kid.

I don't expect it to change anytime soon as I've yet to find a character as irritating as Emil from ToS: DotNW. Went into the game with big expectations as ToS has always been a game I greatly enjoyed, but they quickly crashed when the hero went from a slightly generic JRPG archetype, to a whiny, annoying and unbearable baby, who has no redeeming qualities. It's like the developers sat there and tried to make him as unlikeable as possible.

Let's not leave his partner/love interest, Marta, out of here either. She's equally as annoying in some aspects too.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • Day 6 - Most annoying character.

Well, if this isn't obvious enough...
    If random monsters count as characters, Ying and Yang. Yes, Ying, not Yin. Why's that?

Yang's happy.
    Yang's excited.
    Yang's happy.
    Yang's excited.
    Yang's happy.
    Yang's happy.
    Yang's excited.

To be quite honest, this alone can ruin a bunch of speed runs, given you can't really escape from this.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years

There are really very few characters that I find annoying or unlikable in video games, but anyone who's played the Insomniac Spyro games might remember Moneybags. It was really bothersome how often he showed up just to charge Spyro for something small, like using a door or crossing a bridge. His voice and "ritzy" accent in Ripto's Rage! made him even more irritating, though with a VA change he was actually a pretty funny and much more tolerable character in Year of the Dragon. Not to mention, Spyro's partners in the third game would at least teach Moneybags a lesson when you freed them, with the added bonus of getting to attack him yourself and take back the gems he cheated you out of in the post-game! His role being limited in the later games also helped a little, though I haven't played the other Spyro titles that he's appeared in besides Season of Ice.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Day 7 - Favorite game couple

Couple doesn't necessarily mean romantic... ;)

Lee and Clementine from the Walking Dead.

It's pretty hard to argue that these two weren't perfect for each other. He always wanted a child and she needed a parent when hers weren't there. I've played through TellTale's Season One three times now and I always take care of Clementine as Lee, opting for the most caring or honest options. After Season One ended, I still find myself missing their interactions and story. Clementine has quickly become one of my favorite characters in gaming and Lee's care for her was a perfect story element.

Spoiler:

Years
    These two:

Libra and Codelia from Fire Emblem Awakening, their the Perfect couple pretty much because they are perfect renditions of their respective genders, They are both Beautiful, Intelligent, kind, talented and Generous. Also they have Severa as their daughter which is amusing because her personality is the complete opposite to the both of them with her being sassy and cheeky.

Last edited:

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
    Years

Luigi and Daisy, I always liked playing as Luigi in the first Super Mario Bros. and Princess Daisy's my favorite Mario Princess :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Day 7 - Favorite game couple

Mmm, couples/shipping. Not exactly something I care about much, but I do have a tendency to marry Chrom with MU and Cordelia with Virion in Awakening.

Also SoraxRiku. Because you can't tell me that's not canon.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 7, Favorite game couple

When it comes to my favorite game couple, I would have to go with Cecil and Rosa from Final Fantasy IV. There are quite a number of ways that show it, for example they have their own love theme. Plus at the end of the game, they
    Spoiler:

Back