• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Day 27 - Best battle you've had (in-game or Wi-Fi)

I believe it was one of my Platinum wi-fi matches with member Sweet Smoochum. IIRC, she won because she had one Pokemon left, Ninetales, and it only had about 6 hP left or so. A very close, exciting battle.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Day 27: Best battle you've had (in-game or Wi-Fi)

Hum.... Ghetsis in White... It was down to his hacktastic Hydreigon and my Samurott... I picked revenge, thinking "Aw dangit I'm dead!" because Rovayen was my last one stranding. and I survived teh hit and killed the dragon. ._.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Day 27: Best battle you've had (in-game or Wi-Fi)

That's a tough one. I'm going with the Champion battle in my Fire Red Nuzlocke. Let's just say it was intense.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Day 27 - Best battle you've had (in-game or Wi-Fi)
    Ingame, the best battle I've ever had was the battle with Steven on Emerald. No, not the one on the game: the one where you battle alongside him in a double battle. Even though the battle was quite easy, it was, I believe, the first double battle where you have a partner in the games (on the main ones, idk about spin-offs).

Well I don't play Wi-Fi but I do play competitive on those battle simulators. I can't quite say that I've had my best battle on those yet.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Day 27: Best battle you've had (in-game or Wi-Fi)

In a UU battle I came back from being 5 pokemon down (mainly because of my fault of not having variety of Pokemon) to beating the opponent's entire team (albeit with foe's mistake). My Houndoom killed off Claydol, which had little bit of HP remaining after enduring the hits while sweeping with Earthquake/Psychic, with Dark Pulse, and he sent out his Absol, who performed three swords dances while I did three nasty plots... and my pokemon turned out to be faster, so it killed off the Absol, and guess what happened next... ):-)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Day 28: Favourite gym leader
    Morty & Jasmine
    - Always thought Morty was a cool guy and I love ghost types as well. Jasmine got mad respect from me back in gen II when it took me months to beat her in Gym Leader Castle on Pokemon Stadium 2. Plus, I thought her hair was cool and I would look around in school for girls that did that with their hair. None of them did, unfortunately. :[ But yeah, lol. Plus I have a secret love of Steel types.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Day 28: Favourite gym leader
    Brock all the way! Back then I was quite addicted to Brock (before I became addicted to Harry Potter). I mean he is the very first GYM leader I've met (on the anime when I started watching as a kid because the first GYM leader I met on the games is Roxanne. :D). And he is just pure awesomeness. He can cook and he can take care of Pokemon. How cool is that?

Cid

Years

Wattson reminds me of my grandpa, and someone that I would want to be when I become one myself. He always seemed cheerful and didn't let his age bring him to retiring in his Gym Leader career. He still shows his knowledge and skill though, and even gave me a great fight in RSE. And btw, he was kind enough to give me two very useful TMs (Shock Wave and Thunderbolt), and thus I like him for all of that. :3

Last edited:
    Years
  • Day 28: Favourite gym leader:
    Who else could it be other than the funny old Wattson. XD His gym battle with Ash was so hilarious that I was laughing throughout the episode. In the games, however, he was pretty tough for someone like me who went with Treeko as the starter.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years

Giovanni. Yeah, he's painfully easy to beat, but he's a freaking MOB BOSS! That alone makes him awesome.

Jasmine, Blaine, and Elesa are honorable mentions.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Day 28: Favorite gym leader
    Im in between Volkner, Falkner, and Blue. I like Volkner cause his ambitions to become stronger(which is why I think he should have been promoted to Elite 4 in Plat). Falkner I just like his design, and in the anime he had one of the best battles with Pidgeot vs. Charizard. Blue is Gary Oak alternative self need I say more.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Day 27: Best battle you've had (in-game or Wi-Fi)

From my Emerald Version, versus Frontier Brain Lucy:

Lucy sent out Seviper!
    Go, Roswell! [Gardevoir]
    Roswell traced foe Seviper's Shed Skin!
    Roswell used Psychic! Foe Seviper fainted!
    Lucy sent out Shuckle!
    Roswell used Double Team! Roswell's evasiveness rose!
    Foe Shuckle used Toxic! Roswell was badly poisoned!
    Roswell's Shed Skin cured its status problem.
    /repeat with x5 Double Teams and x6 Calm Minds not to mention a little bit of HP loss
    Roswell used Psychic! Foe Shuckle fainted!
    Lucy sent out Milotic!
    Roswell used Shock Wave! (or Psychic, I forgot which o3o) Foe Milotic fainted!

Best Frontier Brain match I ever had.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Day 29: A Pokemon you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving
    Timburr! When I first saw it, I thought it was freakin' creepy. But when I actually saw it in White, that sprite animation was just adorable, and I loved his smirk. He's one of my favorite Pokemon now. I even went as far as to keep my Timburr unevolved in White til about level 40 something. lol

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Day 29: A Pokemon you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving
    Cofagrigus! I never thought that Pokemon that I didn't originally like would become my only favourite Pokemon. It just came to me, its defensive prowess originally hit me but the story behind Yamask and Cofagrigus—it hit me.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Oshawott, I hated Oshawott when I first saw it with its big brown nose and triangle ears but as soon as I saw Ash's in the anime I began to love it so much that it was even my starter.

Cid

Years

Based on designs from pre-release reveals, I'd say Drilbur, because Excadrill was an awesome evolution, so Drilbur became one of my faves, too. But based on in-game experiences (which means, I didn't like it in my team first but I ended up loving it), I would DEFINITELY say Gardevoir! At first, it was one of the weakest Pokemon in my team (as a Ralts). Even though I liked its design, I still thought of replacing it with a much stronger Pokemon. Little did I know...that it would transform into one of my favorites! Recently, in my current challenge, I singlehandedly beat Wallace using Gardevoir. True story. No really. XD
    That battle was so awesome, that it deserves a mention in my Day 27 post! I can't believe it happened almost right after Day 27. :DD

Now I know which Gen 3 Pokemon I love the most, thanks to that battle. <3

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Whoa, I'm actually a day behind? Derp.

Day 28: Favourite gym leader
    Morty, hands down. He's hot, uses one of my favorite types, resides in an awesome city, and has an awesome gym~ However, Iris is second because Iris is awesome.

Day 29: A Pokemon you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving
    There are...quite a few here, to be honest. One of the ones that stands out most though is Sewaddle. I didn't particularly care for it when it was first announced, but after watching the BW! episode it first appears in I fell in love with the little guy <3 I've also come to love Emboar a lot too, despite me complaining about its design originally. That thing is an offensive HP hoarder.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Emboar and Samurott, I thought from the initial scans they were fake as many of the community did as well. Now I like both, and I still think Serperior looks like crap.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Thanks to everyone that participated and kept up, and thanks to Miss Doronjo for letting me do this! idk what you wanna do with the thread though, but after today, it's pretty much done. Dunno what else can be done with it. n_n;

Day 30: Your favourite Pokemon game of all time
    Pokemon Emerald
    - I know this game like the back of my hand and enjoy it more and more every time I play it. :] It's just perfect. Sure, it's lacking Petilil, but I can deal! It's tons of fun and easily my favorite Pokemon game of all time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back