• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th generation confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
Years
  • This may have already been mentioned, but even if this is proof of a 5th gen (which it may or may not be--I'm kind of skeptical), that 5th gen won't have substance for a long while. Heck, Platinum hasn't even been released to the states yet. Moreover the 4th Gen is less than 3 years old, even in Japan. There probably will be a 5th gen sooner or later but it probably won't be out for another 4 years or so.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • ^ what she said

there was a gap of four years between 3rd gen and 4th gen. Its been 1 and a half since 4th
    Two, since it came out in Japan in Sept 06.

Adding on to that, if you look at the difference in the number of years between release dates, you can get an approximate idea of when a new game can be expected if there is a new game.

Japan release dates:
    G/S on November 21st 1999
    Crystal on December 14th 2000
    R/S on November 21st 2002
    FR/LG on January 28th 2004
    Emerald on September 16th 2004
    D/P on September 28th 2006
    Platinum on September 13th 2008

FR/LG doesn't really count, but even still there has been approximately 2 years between the 3rd game of each generation and the 1st of the sequential generation. Since Platinum was only released 3 months ago, and if you take into account that trend, you'd expect a new game in late 2010. They've released sneak peeks of a few Pokemon in the past IIRC, (Munchlax I think it was, leading up to D/P from R/S).

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    And dont forget that they usually use the movies to allow us to peer into the net generations. Oh and lookinf=g at that pattern it gives perfect space for GS remakes in 2010 and gen 5 in 2012/13.

Oh and Hazas got a theory,

We all know that each generation brings big new things to the pokemon world right? Well what if they decided to get crazy this time and went typing loco with older pokemon

well the rumour on these coming pokemon is that they are coming for the 5th generation and split evos for second stage starters. take a look.

5th generation confirmed

Fire/Water Wartotle evo
    5th generation confirmed

Dragon/Fire Charmeleon evo
    5th generation confirmed

Electric/Grass Bayleef evo
    5th generation confirmed

Fire/Grass Grovyle evo

these pokemon are previous pokemon evos with never before seen type combos. I think these are fake and are almost a year old but what if the new hidden pokemon is a pika member with a new type added? just a proposal. think on it.

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • And dont forget that they usually use the movies to allow us to peer into the net generations. Oh and lookinf=g at that pattern it gives perfect space for GS remakes in 2010 and gen 5 in 2012/13.

Oh and Hazas got a theory,

We all know that each generation brings big new things to the pokemon world right? Well what if they decided to get crazy this time and went typing loco with older pokemon

well the rumour on these coming pokemon is that they are coming for the 5th generation and split evos for second stage starters. take a look.

5th generation confirmed

Fire/Water Wartotle evo
    5th generation confirmed

Dragon/Fire Charmeleon evo
    5th generation confirmed

Electric/Grass Bayleef evo
    5th generation confirmed

Fire/Grass Grovyle evo

these pokemon are previous pokemon evos with never before seen type combos. I think these are fake and are almost a year old but what if the new hidden pokemon is a pika member with a new type added? just a proposal. think on it.

Electric/Water?
    Electric/Flying?

What? Pikachuu has had Fly or Surf as events...

It could happen with newer Pokemon in Gen 5, but not the old starters.....

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    okay this is obviously 5th gen pokemon, because it is said to be a new pokemon.....hence the word...NEW...and it jas also been confirmed that this will be the last DP movie....until maybe next gen...and don't forget (just like what they did in battle frontier) they can have a short series after ash wins or loses the sinnoh league and continues on another mini jounrey b4 going into the next region...with this mini series...they can als start introducing newer pokemon more slowly....and after about another year and half...and a GSC remake 5th gen games and anime will be introduced and released...

does this make sence to anyone? if not, I'm letting u know that I am typing this around 1 in the morning...lol

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Nope not a pich its new. Also hmm sure haza we got thos but what if its a pichu split evo with ground/electric type? Mence that triangle is bull. It doenst work 3 ways and it wont any time soon.

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
  • mabye they have branched pre evoluations now. so wen the egg hatches it either turns into pichu or wat eva the hell the other thing is and the difference is that the other one might be a double type (so like ice electric) and then pikachu and raichu will have ice moves. (my friend came up with that one but i gotta tell ya they are really strtin to run out of ideas the next thin ya know their will pikachu and charmander doin the fusion dance... Chumander use Thunder Flare!

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • Alright two things...

Arceus was only called the Alpha Pokemon in the English versions of DPP, in the Japanese versions he was the God Pokemon.

If there is a new generation tyhjere's always the chance they only add like 100 Pokemon and we still end up with 593 :P Maybe they'll taunt us and add 106 Pokemon.

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    Awesome, I hope its not another Pikachu evo or something like that.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Ripper that may be true but if considered the alpha by english names they will have to do something about an omega. Which i say should come in about 10 years or the 7th generation.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • So what type would it be in the Japanese games? Satan? The Devil? Beelzebub? In this case Alpha doesn't mean first, it means top, as in the Alpha Male. You don't have an Omega Male, as that would simple be the runt of the litter. Pokemon wise, the Omega Pokemon is pretty much Magikarp, or Sunkern, or something like that. Although it does fit the bill that Arceus is the first (Alpha Pokemon), this isn't truly the case, as it doesn't tie in with the Jap. games.

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
  • Why do so many people seem to think that the next Legendary will have to top Arceus? The first, second and third generations didn't include any sort of heirarchy.
    The first and second generations didn't have any sort of themes in the legendaries, it was all started in generation 3 when they introduced pokemon that created the continents and the oceans.
    I'm personally hoping they go back to the generation 1/2 way of creating legendaries and don't make them all gods. Just powerful, rare pokemon that aren't one of a kind in the pokemon universe but there's only one in the region.
    The only truly one off Pokemon in generation 1 and 2 was Mewtwo because only one was created.
    Also, Arceus being the first pokemon is not proven. It's a legend within the games so it's just something that humans beleive, much like real religion.

Years
  • No, it's proven Arceus is the first one, but there could be another legendary better than Arceus, or there couldn't be. All I know for sure is that the other legends were just spotted and tracked later than Arceus, because they would be after it in the Pokédex.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back