• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

__ThE OFFicIAl KingDOM hEARts THREad__

Years
    I think that line's rather cute. ♥ Is it the voice that bothers you or her character herself? I'm a little curious. If you can't explain, that's okay. XD;

Anyway! So, I started playing Kingdom Hearts last night, because I just felt like going over the first game. KHII changed a lot of things. o_O I remember going nuts over the new MP bar in KHII, but now that I've gone back to KH, I like the new one better. It's easier to get more MP once it's gone in KHII, I think. I also have to get used to not pressing my Triangle button. I was pressing it all the time last night trying to talk to people. XD

But I'm curious, is there any game mechanic from KH that you miss?

I miss Dodge Roll. T_T It's so much fun to roll around everywhere~

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Hm. I agree, I miss dodge roll to. I miss it even more now that my sister has lent both KH's to her friends, I don't know when i'll get em back ¬_¬ But yeah, dodge roll.. AND GLIDE omg I miss glide, I looooooved gliding everywhere! And I miss Neverland. I wanna fly again... my sister hated me for that level, once I could fly there, she got annoyed that everytime she came in I was on that level, not completing the game lol XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Glide? o_O It's improved in KH2. It's much better.

As for dodge roll, I used to like it, but now that we have that ability from Wisdom Form. (Quick Step? I forget its name. XD) In FM+, if you level up the new drive form, you get dodge roll back. But it's so slow and doesn't go very far, so it's not as fun. D:

Years
    You have to level up Final Form to get it. :x I haven't leveled up my Final far enough to use it for Sora outside of form, so I'm not sure how it works.

I kind of miss Aero, too (I think that's the right name). It was nice to feel a little protected.

And I hate KH sometimes. I'm stuck on Cerebus. I can't believe it, it's only the beginning of the game. T_T

Cherrim

Years
    I really missed Aero too. T_T; It was my favourite spell in KH1 and I was so disappointed when it didn't return.

Years
    It's probably because they made KHII so easy, we didn't need it anymore. >:

I seriously need to try Proud mode for KHII, now that I've gotten Normal down. XD; But even on Normal, I'd get stuck on Organization XIII members. But I think that was more of a lack of strategy. The second time around, I won them all the first time, I think.

Cherrim

Years
    Proud mode was weird for me. o_O; I had no problems fighting any of the ones that I had major problems with in normal... but for the ones I breezed past in normal, I failed against in Proud. xD That was weird.

Though I agree it's too easy overall. D: EXCEPT MAYBE JIMINY'S JOURNAL. DSLKFJSFDS

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Sammi said:
    But I'm curious, is there any game mechanic from KH that you miss?

I miss Dodge Roll. T_T It's so much fun to roll around everywhere~
    Yeah, I miss Dodge Roll as well. I used to roll around everywhere in KH, but Quick Run in KH II is just a lame excuse for a dodging move. Seriously, that thing's more of a bother than help later on in the game. But Aerial Dodge and that sexy High Jump level 3 in KH II make up for lack of Dodge Roll imo. I absolutely love Aerial Dodge. <3 I also miss the good ol' experience-giving Olympus Coliseum tournaments in KH 1 as well as getting experience from parrying attacks. I loved how you could get a ridiculously high amount of experience by Guarding those fire balls that the lanterns in the second Oogie Boogie battle shoot at you. IIRC, they give around 50 - 60 experience when you parry them; I leveled up two levels in that battle since I got a bit carried away. =P I also miss Gravity a bit. ;_;
    Sammi said:
    I kind of miss Aero, too (I think that's the right name). It was nice to feel a little protected.

And I hate KH sometimes. I'm stuck on Cerebus. I can't believe it, it's only the beginning of the game. T_T
    Reflect makes up for Aero imo. I simply love how broken it is. <3

And don't worry about Cerberus. I actually think it's one of the hardest bosses in the game since early on you don't have incredibly broken keyblades (*CoughWishingStaranditscriticalhittingabilitycough*) or a healing spell that's strong enough to heal all your HP. Every time I play through Kingdom Hearts (which is whenever my friend borrows me his Playstation 2. D= ) the two enemies I have the most trouble with are Stealth Sneak and Cerberus. Seriously, I think I've only beaten Stealth Sneak once on my first try and that, ironically, was on my Kingdom Key-only (yes, no accesories either) challenge, which I'd love to continue, but for that I'd have to persuade my friend into borrowing me his PS 2 again which would make me feel a bit rude. =\
    Sammi said:
    I seriously need to try Proud mode for KHII, now that I've gotten Normal down. XD; But even on Normal, I'd get stuck on Organization XIII members. But I think that was more of a lack of strategy. The second time around, I won them all the first time, I think.
    I know you'll hate me for saying this, but I never even bothered with Normal since I knew it'd be ridiculously easy. The first time I played I picked Proud and if it wasn't for me being horribly underleveled (I was in my mid-forties against Xigbar. :x) I wouldn't have had trouble with any Organization members. (and the only ones I had trouble with even back when I sucked were Xigbar and Sai'x) My friend, however, struggled with just about every Organization member. He got pwned 3 times by Xaldin and every single time he managed to get the "I won't give up"-option. Needless to say Mickey did most of the fighting in that battle. =P

And I just had the most insane idea ever; when I get to play KH 2 again, I'll do a low-level challenge; I'll only fight in the necessary fights and will avoid any extra experience I can get. Naturally I'll play it on Proud mode. It's been done on other games, so why not on Kingdom Hearts II? I'll seriously need to practice my skills with Guard, though. I used to be pretty good with it in Kingdom Hearts 1, but in KH II, I suck at it for some reason.

Back