• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

__ThE OFFicIAl KingDOM hEARts THREad__

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Yay for... non-American spelling. 8D;

They ruined TWTNW in FM+. XD; Now Nobodies appear in the city instead of Shadow Heartless. But... your list is pretty much where I train, except for Final Form. I like training that in the castle in TWTNW because you gain more experience that way, and by the time I'm levelling it up, experience is helpful. 8D;

@Sammi: Haha, I just spam thunder when I'm training Master Form. XD; If you equip a decent magic keyblade, those things in Mulan's world die so quickly. 8D; Also, like Sora/Kairi better. DDD: Soriku has too many fans!

Years
    I don't understand how any of you don't like Tron's world, yeah, it was a little short, and the coloring(I hate American spelling, especially since i'm Ozzy) of it, but the music was killer, and if we didn't have Tron Xemnas will still probably be wondering around.

Anyway, still leveling up my form in my spare time, and if you want, here is a list of the best places to level them up:

valor: After the first save point in The World that Never Was
    Wisdom: same as Valor
    Master: Land of Dragons, inside of The palace
    Final: Twilight Town mansion, Try to stay near the white room
    Summon: anywhere you please, just try to stay near the save point
    If you don't like the spelling, stick to what you use. It's similar enough for all of us to understand. ;D

It's not the shortness of it that bothers me; it's just... the rest of it. XD;

Let's see, I level Valor wherever, use TWTNW for Wisdom from now on (I used to use wherever; for awhile, I liked going to Hallow Bastion), leveled Master there before while spamming Fire, and for Final, I'm actually using the Tower area in Twilight Town because I don't want to go forward in the castle in TWTNW. XD;

Haven't gotten to leveling my summons. :/
    @Sammi: Haha, I just spam thunder when I'm training Master Form. XD; If you equip a decent magic keyblade, those things in Mulan's world die so quickly. 8D; Also, like Sora/Kairi better. DDD: Soriku has too many fans!

Fire does a really good job as well, since you hone(right word?) into the enemy, so you're moving around and causing them a crapton of damage at the same time. :3 It usually just takes a few Fires to take them out.

I can't just make up my mind in five seconds D< I tend not to think of KH shippings except during key scenes. Like recently, I was calling Axel gay after he, well, blew everything up to save the Sora omg!!!111!11 because of his dialogue. Aren't I nice. XDD

Okay, going to bring up another topic I just thought of:
    Who thinks the name Radiant Garden is the lamest. name. ever? I remember hearing it for the first time and wanting to cry. T_T Hallow Bastion sounds so awesome, but Radiant Garden? BLAH. D: I guess it just sounds... uninspired? Plain? I don't know, but it bothers me. A lot.

Sorry if I needed spoiler tags x_x;

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    *hops back in randomly*

Who thinks the name Radiant Garden is the lamest. name. ever? I remember hearing it for the first time and wanting to cry. T_T Hallow Bastion sounds so awesome, but Radiant Garden? BLAH. D: I guess it just sounds... uninspired? Plain? I don't know, but it bothers me. A lot.

I don't think the name itself was too bad overall...they just gave it to the wrong location. When I hear a name like "Radiant Garden" I tend to actually think of the location being a garden with flowers and such, don't you? I certainly wouldn't expect it to be a town full of machines with a crazy security system that's insanely vulnerable to hacking (hence how Sora & co. were able to get into it XD).

On the other hand, I might be wrong. Perhaps it'll be explained in Birth by Sleep...?

Cherrim

Years
    I can't just make up my mind in five seconds D< I tend not to think of KH shippings except during key scenes. Like recently, I was calling Axel gay after he, well, blew everything up to save the Sora omg!!!111!11 because of his dialogue. Aren't I nice. XDD
    Any cutscene usually works for me. XD; Also... most people I know called him that too. I decided back back when he was all "I can't quit you!" "I'd miss you" to Roxas. :B

The game's been out for like... over a year even in the PAL regions, I think you're safe. XD But... I dunno. I don't mind the name. I just always forget to call it that. Hollow Bastion just comes to my mind so much quicker. @_@;
    I don't think the name itself was too bad overall...they just gave it to the wrong location. When I hear a name like "Radiant Garden" I tend to actually think of the location being a garden with flowers and such, don't you? I certainly wouldn't expect it to be a town full of machines with a crazy security system that's insanely vulnerable to hacking (hence how Sora & co. were able to get into it XD).

On the other hand, I might be wrong. Perhaps it'll be explained in Birth by Sleep...?
    I always just figured that it was a beautiful city before the Heartless invaded. I mean, it was more or less torn apart back in the first game and they were still only rebuilding it in the second, so even when it got its old name back... it didn't look up to par as it would have to begin with. XD;

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Lightning said:
    And what makes Naminé better? Haha, everyone gets on Kairi's case for being a pushover and a damsel in distress but... Naminé was way worse on both points in Chain of Memories. XD; And I hated her character in KH2 so... :\ *shrug*
    Her role in the games isn't good, but unlike Kairi, she actually looks cute. x3 Besides, her theme is better than Kairi's. (not that Kairi's is bad either, but still) But really, you shouldn't care much about my extremely biased opinion. =P[/NAMINÉ FANBOYNESS]
    I levelled up Master in the Land of Dragons. XD; But omg, you get the items you need for Strength Ups or whatever in Tron's world, so I've spent SO much time there because you can't beat the Enigmatic Soldier dude (Terra?) in FM+ unless your strength is off the charts. ;_; Hate that world so much. Hate, hate, hate.
    I did most of my master form leveling in Hollow Bastion, but I thought I'd finish the leveling while I was collecting the synthesis items.
    Sammi said:
    Yeah, that's absolutely crazy. We needed a scene like the VGCats comic about it. That would've ruled. XD

At least there were other hints at SoraxKairi in the game, though; I found the scene where Sora was imaging dancing with Kairi pretty cute even though it was her old appearance, which I don't really like. Where's the scene where Sora danced with RIKU, huh??? XD

Not sure which pairing I like better of the two, though.
    Actually, there is a VGCats comic about it. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post that here though. xP And I'm sure Sora has had his fair share of fantasies about dancing with Riku, they just didn't make it to the game. *brick'd*

And as a random sidenote, I bought some KH mangas today, too bad my budget at the time didn't allow me to buy the 4th volume of the KH 1 manga so I'll have to do that later and I'm not buying the KH: COM or KH II mangas before they release those fancy all-in-one-boxes that are a heck of a lot cheaper than buying the books separately. I hate how the battle scenes are practically inexistent (at least in the KH 1 manga), though. :x I hope the longer size of the COM and KH II mangas mean they made the fight scenes longer. (since we don't really want Sora pwning the Organization in 2 frames, now do we?)

Cherrim

Years
    Well, if it comes down to opinions then I guess we're equally split. *finds Kairi much cuter than Naminé* XD;

Don't have my Chain manga here, but I think the battles (Sora's, anyway) are a tad longer. Larxene's, from what I remember, was the longest. I think Marluxia's battle with Axel was longer than with Sora. Not that I'm complaining but... still. Also, I don't even remember any battle scenes in the first volume of the KHII manga. I only skimmed it (don't have an English copy), but... yeah. XD;

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    OMG RikuXSora pwns! So what tehy don't a frikin dance scene. See the secene at the end of KH2?! OMG how can you not see the cannoness of that! And come one. A hug (I hug everyone, I don't love everyone, infact *Hugs random stranger* See!) Is nothing to breaking down into tears hold his hand and crying say "I looked everywhere for you Riku, I looked everywhere!" I HATE Kairi. HATE HATE HATE!!!

P.S Do you guys know that:-
    Sora - Sky
    Riku- Land
    Kai - Sea

Thats the meaning in jappanese! See, Kairi's name means nothing, only the Kai part does, and Riku and Sora's name's mean something. So yeah, Kairi sucks. And Namine Does pwn. Lots, I think i'm gonna cosplay as her. It's wierd how I hate kairi (Doesn't even deserve capital letter) but love Namine!!!!!!

RIKUXSORA IS THE BEST PEOPLE! SORA IS GAY, RIKU IS GAY, THEY ARE PERFECT

AND SO ARE AKUROKU (RoxasXAxel) THEY PWN AS MUCH AS SORAXRIKU DO! THEY ARE BOTH SO CANNON, WHILST KAIRIXSORA ISNT (KAIRIXSORA SUCKS!)

Years
    How is Sora and Kairi not cannon? x_X;; Like, seriously, Sora goes around the worlds trying to find his friend with hints along the way, like the whole "eat this fruit and you're bound forever" thing with that fruit on Destiny Island? And he drew a picture of the two of them eating some on the walls? And Sora stabs himself to save Kairi? And tell me when Kairi doesn't show interest in Sora...

Just because you don't like the pairing doesn't mean you can just invalidate it. ^_^;

Sorry if I sound a tad bit mean. XD;

Also, where's the proof that Sora likes Riku in that way, and more than he likes Kairi? ;x Yes, that one scene in KHII where they reunite, but you can have emotional reactions about a friend as well as boyfriend or girlfriend.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    OMG RikuXSora pwns! So what tehy don't a frikin dance scene. See the secene at the end of KH2?! OMG how can you not see the cannoness of that! And come one. A hug (I hug everyone, I don't love everyone, infact *Hugs random stranger* See!) Is nothing to breaking down into tears hold his hand and crying say "I looked everywhere for you Riku, I looked everywhere!" I HATE Kairi. HATE HATE HATE!!!

Sora - Sky
    Riku- Land
    Kai - Sea

Thats the meaning in jappanese! See, Kairi's name means nothing, only the Kai part does, and Riku and Sora's name's mean something. So yeah, Kairi sucks. And Namine Does pwn. Lots, I think i'm gonna cosplay as her. It's wierd how I hate kairi (Doesn't even deserve capital letter) but love Namine!!!!!!

AND SO ARE AKUROKU (RoxasXAxel) THEY PWN AS MUCH AS SORAXRIKU DO! THEY ARE BOTH SO CANNON, WHILST KAIRIXSORA ISNT (KAIRIXSORA SUCKS!)

yes RIKUXSORA forever!! and AXELXROXAS ^_^

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Don't have my Chain manga here, but I think the battles (Sora's, anyway) are a tad longer. Larxene's, from what I remember, was the longest. I think Marluxia's battle with Axel was longer than with Sora. Not that I'm complaining but... still. Also, I don't even remember any battle scenes in the first volume of the KHII manga. I only skimmed it (don't have an English copy), but... yeah. XD;
    Well, I'm going to buy the mangas regardless of the battles' length because I'm that big of a KH-geek. Heck, I'm even considering buying a PSP in the future just for the new KH game for it. *has no life* I happened to skim through the first volume of KH II when I found the mangas and the first volume doesn't seem to go far enough for any real battles to even occur. If for nothing else, I'll still buy them all for the sake of the artwork.

Sora - Sky
    Riku- Land
    Kai - Sea

Yeah, the ending scene of KH 2 was a bit RikuxSora-ish. Okay, who am I kidding; it was a lot RikuxSora-ish.

And I did know about the meaning of sora, but not riku and kai. And yes, RoxasxAxel is as obvious as it gets. Kingdom Hearts has way too few female characters for there to be many straight shippings.
    Also, where's the proof that Sora likes Riku in that way, and more than he likes Kairi? ;x Yes, that one scene in KHII where they reunite, but you can have emotional reactions about a friend as well as boyfriend or girlfriend.
    Let's not forget that Sora seems to talk about Riku a whole lot more than he talks about Kairi. And no, I still don't support SoraxRiku. :x

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    does anyone else find it funny that all the male members of the organization XIII have long girly hair
    while larxene, the only female, member has short man hair?

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Ok. In KH1 he is looking for Riku and kiari, in KH2 he is looking for Riku. Riku is more important to him. The picture on the wall looks more like Riku to me. Riku dosn't say give it to kairi, he might be impling that he wants to share it with Sora. The race. Oh big whoop. Anyway, he liked kairi a bit in the first one, but he dosn't in the second one. When he see's kairi he is like 2What are you doing here" not even a hi. Sora stabs himself to save the world. He needs to save ALL the princesses in order to do that. Face it. SoraXkairi is NOT cannon SoraXRiku IS cannon. Can't deny the facts.

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    does anyone else find it funny that all the male members of the organization XIII have long girly hair

We all know he's really a girl so I suppose this doesn't count, but Lexaeus doesn't have girly hair. Xigbar, Luxord, Zexion and Demyx don't have long hair either.

Years
    Well, I'm going to buy the mangas regardless of the battles' length because I'm that big of a KH-geek. Heck, I'm even considering buying a PSP in the future just for the new KH game for it. *has no life* I happened to skim through the first volume of KH II when I found the mangas and the first volume doesn't seem to go far enough for any real battles to even occur. If for nothing else, I'll still buy them all for the sake of the artwork.

Yes, the artwork is worth it. *_* I have both volumes of the CoM manga (haven't gotten around to getting the rest), and I love some of the art. Sora looks so cute ♥

Smarties said:
    And I did know about the meaning of sora, but not riku and kai. And yes, RoxasxAxel is as obvious as it gets. Kingdom Hearts has way too few female characters for there to be many straight shippings.

Let's not forget that Sora seems to talk about Riku a whole lot more than he talks about Kairi. And no, I still don't support SoraxRiku. :x

Yeah, it totally is. But I don't mind RoxasxAxel. XD;

But I'm pretty sure Sora knew that Kairi was safe at home, and afterwards, she was captured, and she survived the last capture, right? Chances are she was safe enough. Who knew where the hell Riku was? The last time Sora saw him and remembered it, he was locked behind a door. He could be anywhere and in serious danger. Really, there was a hell of a lot more need to find Riku than Kairi, no matter how much he likes her.

...or, at least, I can pretend that. x3

Xairmo said:

I think that's amusing. x3 But then again, some of the men probably act more girly than she does, haha.

And Xigbar kind of has girly hair; it's long and in a ponytail. Granted, men wear hair like that...

Cherrim

Years

Sora - Sky
    Riku- Land
    Kai - Sea

Oh my.

I disagree completely and fully.

In Kingdom Hearts 1, the original--oh man there's so much, where do I begin? Back on the island, before the game starts, it's quite clear that Kairi is at the centre of both their minds. They both insinuate sharing the paopu fruit with Kairi, Sora draws himself giving a paopu fruit to Kairi, and Kairi even jokes about leaving on the raft with just Sora. After the island split up, who were Riku and Sora searching for? Yes, to some extent they were looking for each other. And they found each other first! But what's this? They split up again? They were both dead set on finding Kairi. Riku to such an extent that he gives into the darkness and joins Maleficent. All their rivalry in that game is based around Kairi. Everything Riku does isn't for Sora, it's for her. Luckily, they find her and they're able to give her her heart back. After this, Kairi is far from useless. She begs Sora to let her go with him and to fight too. But since she had no experience, he was worried about her, etc., Sora said no and left her in the safety of the Hollow Bastion crew. This brings us to the end of the game--Ansem is defeated and Riku and Sora have to split up again, because they had to close the door. I think it's in the credits to this game that Kairi completes Sora's picture and draws herself sharing a paopu too.

Chain of Memories, my favourite game and the one no one's played. D: Sora, believing that Kairi is now safe and sound on the island, goes searching for Riku so he can bring him back too. No, I don't think it's because they're lovers of any sort, but best friends. I would do the same thing for my best friends, yet it doesn't mean that we're lovers in secret. Now, this is where Naminé comes in. Sora believes he'll find Riku in Castle Oblivion, and Marluxia doesn't say otherwise, so while he climbs the floors, Naminé plays around with his memories. She replaces herself with Kairi. And did you see how serious Sora became when he thought about Naminé? The idea of her locked up in this castle made him so angry that he disregarded his friends and companions, Donald and Goofy. He just ran off without them at one point in the game because they suggested that maybe, just maybe, he was taking things too quickly and that the whole situation was suspicious. Sora still cared about whom he thought was Riku at this point, but it after Naminé implanted the false memories, she quickly monopolized Sora's thoughts. At the end of the game, when Marluxia can't control her anymore, she asks Sora if he wants to keep his current memories, or get his old memories back. By getting his old memories back, he would remember Kairi. Riku had nothing to do with this. He knew that by remembering Kairi, he would forget Naminé and all that happened in the castle. And he still picked Kairi. I'm not going to say Naminé has any less a role than Kairi, but what exactly makes her so much better? She's the cause of a whole lot of problems in Chain of Memories. While Marluxia and the rest of the upper members there were the ones telling her what to do, the fact that she didn't resist until the very end of the game (after meeting Sora :|) means that if anyone was splitting up "teh canon pairing omgggg," it was her. Sora and Riku were in the same place for so long, but if Sora hadn't had his memories rearranged, they probably would've met a lot sooner.

Now, Kingdom Hearts II is probably the most questionable of the games. Upon waking up with his memories restored, Sora still believes that Kairi is perfectly safe on the island and that Riku is missing in action. So of course, again he spends the game searching for Riku. In this case, I really need to defend Kairi. She is stuck on an island, separated from both her childhood friends (Riku and Sora, of course) and can't remember their names. Or Sora's, at least. This is because of Naminé, and no one in Destiny Island can remember him. But she knows he was important, and so she writes him a letter. When Axel comes to kidnap her, she hesitates only because he mentions Sora. She then resists and is later kidnapped. The moment that Sora realizes she's in danger, though? He literally gets down on his knees and begs in front of Saïx, the enemy. He wants to know where she is and that she's safe. Remind you of another cutscene? D; Regardless, Sora continues his search, now for BOTH OF THEM. As I recall, he goes to TWTNW to get Kairi back. Of course, by then she's already been rescued with the help of Naminé and Axel. Saïx tries to recapture her, but RIKU stops him. And you know what? She recognizes him, even in his Ansem form. He's afraid to face both Kairi and Sora because of what he had to do. Fast forward again, Sora is in trouble, but Kairi's way to far away to help him. So what does she do? Well, it's not the most intelligent thing, but one of her best friends is in trouble so she jumps off the ledge to the floor below. Riku catches up and gives her a keyblade so she can fight. I... wouldn't call that useless, would you? Sora meets up with them after killing Xigbar. He hugs Kairi, and then gives his thanks to "Ansem," enemy or not. Note that he does NOT RECOGNIZE RIKU, while Kairi could. If they're so close, explain that one. (I don't actually want you to; it confuses me too.) So when Kairi shows him that it's Riku, of course Sora's on the ground like a baby. He's only been searching for his best friend for OVER A YEAR. Sure he was asleep for a year, but I can't imagine the events of KH2 went by in a day. It was probably months and months. He hadn't seen Riku in ages, had no idea if he was safe or not, and now finally, there he is. The three are all back together, and okay. I think ANYONE would be emotional. It doesn't prove that they're together, it simply shows how close they are. Friends can be close. If you want to take it another way, go ahead. But this scene is by no means CANON. Continue on yet again, after the final battle, it's Kairi's letter that brings the two of them back. And in the credits? Sora notices the drawing that Kairi fixed. I don't see how you can mistake that for Riku, even with their awful art skills.

What I'm trying to get at is that Riku/Sora is not canon in any way. The main themes of the Kingdom Hearts series are FRIENDSHIP and memories, as I see it. Square-Enix is really good about giving the fans a lot of leeway with pairings in this series (nothing is definitive), and that means that, while there are hints for canonity, nothing is canon. Sora/Kairi isn't canon, Sora/Riku isn't canon, Axel/Roxas isn't canon... none of it is. I joke about it a lot myself and throw the word around casually, but the only canon pairings I can easily name off the top of my head? Donald/Daisy, Mickey/Minnie, Simba/Nala, etc. By the way, I doubt that they'd ever come right out and say that a male/male pairing or a female/female pairing is canon because Kingdom Hearts is a Disney game. So there you go.

And before you say I'm some kind of yaoi basher, let be known that my OTPs from most series are gay and my OTP of KH used to be Axel/Roxas before it got too many fangirls. :'D

I'm picked up Chain for the Organization characters in it, and I'll probably just pick up the volumes of KHII that have my other favourites in it. XD;

Because Larxene wears the pants in the Organization. :C Haha, but seriously, her hair isn't that short. It's still shoulder length. Even so, though, I can imagine her keeping it shorter. Being the only woman in a group of men, with a low rank to boot, she'd probably try to minimize any perceived weaknesses as quickly as possible, and that might mean erasing the more obvious feminin traits she has.

edit: LOL, PAIRINGS. SRS BUSINESS. :C

Cherrim

Years
    No... just really good at defending the pairings I like and analysing (or retelling) canon. XD;

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Think what you like, I will deny any ways of making me think of SoraXkairi as a pairing, or RikuXkairi for that matter. So, I don't care how many points you put out. I don't evn care is KH makes SoraXkairi an official pairing (I'm dreading that happening! Seriously I am!! I will never happen. They actaully say that Sora is bisexual in an interview, it could go either way, it's tilting more to RikuXSora though XD) I will still say that Sora has feelings for Riku, that makes him want to date Riku. Simple as. Plus Lighting, you point out that Riku and Sora start looking for kairi in KH1? Yeah, thats cause she is there FRIEND nothing more, They would want there friend to be alive, he finds kairi, and hugs her. He Finds Riku, falls on his knees crysing saying, "I finally found you Riku, I looked everywhere" He cares more for Riku, and so what kairi reconises him in ansem form. This means that kairi is SMARTER than Sora... not that Sora loves kairi, and the fact that Sora dosn't notice it is Riku when he looks and soinds nothing like him, and he hasn't even seen the way he acted, is irelevant to the argument...

P.S note how I never put kairis name with a capital, whilst I put evryone elses name with capitals. Just to prove how much I hate her XD

Cherrim

Years
    I don't mind if you say you prefer that pairing over any other, but you can't just reject the "hints" at the other pairings, or say it doesn't exist at all. o_O; Especially when, in all, the hints are far stronger for others than for that one. I mean, I like some pretty strange pairings, and most of them have no hints at all, but I don't go around saying one is way better, or saying they're canon.

I also still don't see a reason for hating Kairi so much. She's an awesome character. T_T;

Back