• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah notice they never refer to it as just Pichu, I wonder if its Gizamimi will stick and why its even there.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    in the case that no one has said it, I have a suggestion. you've all been to serebii and seen the poster, right? its soooooo obvious what they mean. it probably means (the inclusion of the johto starters) that they are making a remake. it would explain their presence. for example...they showed lucario and bonsly, and then they got a game. they were called new. lugia had a movie, now it had a game. the fact that the starters and the pichu, who were all introduced in G/S/C have a movie, and thus, a remake/game!

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    in the case that no one has said it, I have a suggestion. you've all been to serebii and seen the poster, right? its soooooo obvious what they mean. it probably means (the inclusion of the johto starters) that they are making a remake. it would explain their presence. for example...they showed lucario and bonsly, and then they got a game. they were called new. lugia had a movie, now it had a game. the fact that the starters and the pichu, who were all introduced in G/S/C have a movie, and thus, a remake/game!
    This has been said before.

However, I agree. This almost guarantees remakes.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It now includes all the main Johto cuties, Pichu and the starters.

Years
    I think that a remake will be made eventually. While people can use the argument that it isn't needed since people can technically get all of the pokemon already, there are other reasons. The main reason is of course, money. While I love Nintendo dearly, they love money more than anything - which is fine, but it's the truth. As many have said previously, this is why they make three different versions of the same game, basically - they don't have to do it, but they do it for the money.

A Johto remake would make them quite a bit of money, because the younger audience who never played the games would want to try them out, while the older audience will probably enjoy it for the nostalgic factor and because it's a new pokemon game, simply. I know many people can argue that other generations were better than the 2nd one, but it was an incredibly popular generation, and had many different, unique things in it that are still unique to the games, despite newer generations coming out. I think it was one of the most important generations for implementing so many fun things - day/night, events on certain days, and much more.

I have no idea if they will include Kanto in the Johto remake, because it might be pointless considering the remake of the first generation already. As much as I loved that idea, it was primarily in there for filler, and it was incredibly easy - hopefully if Kanto is added into the remake, they'll make it more interesting. I'd love to see Johto expanded upon more, though.

Anyway, I think there will be a remake. It might take a while, but eventually it will happen, since it's easier to remake an incredibly popular game than to design a completely new region, with a new story line, geography, etc. I'm hoping the remake will come out after the 5th generation similar to how the FR/LG games came out after R/S, and that seems the most logical way it'll be released. We might have to wait a while, but I'm quite sure it'll happen. :)

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Hmm, remember that Kanto was the only other region out back when GSC came out right. What if they also put in a smaller more simple Hoenn in there too. That would be great but unlikely.

Years
    Hmm, remember that Kanto was the only other region out back when GSC came out right. What if they also put in a smaller more simple Hoenn in there too. That would be great but unlikely.

I'd prefer a completely different region, or maybe some sort of mini-region. While a well designed Kanto would be nice, I think something different could be pleasantly surprising. Regardless of that, I'd still be excited if they did a remake of just Johto and no other regions. :P

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'd prefer a completely different region, or maybe some sort of mini-region. While a well designed Kanto would be nice, I think something different could be pleasantly surprising. Regardless of that, I'd still be excited if they did a remake of just Johto and no other regions. :P
    I'd think although some of those would be nice, the most likely bet is that they would go with Johto and Kanto, perhaps expanding on Kanto so it's more like the size it was in FR/LG (it had been much smaller in GSC due to memory limitations; this may not be the case if a GS remake is made for the DS). After all, given how FR/LG turned out to be, they'd probably keep things similar at least, maybe add a few other places small.

And also - the Pokemon league for Johto IS in Kanto, after all...

Doubt Hoenn - even a reduced one - would be put in as well, tbh. Plus I wouldn;t be that happy with it - not quite a GS remake then, frankly - I enjoyed going to Kanto, even if it was small and all. Each to his/her own, of course, but IMHO, Johto and Kanto is the most likely scenario if it gets made.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Against what seems to be popular belief, I really do think that there are going to make GS remakes. There are just to many hints from the games and the anime. The games start out with the red gyarados and Jasmine appears out of no where. I mean seriously... there is NO REASON for her to be in these games! Unless, of course, they were planning on remaking the G/S games. The anime to! In the anime, other then the episode where Pachirisu got sick and the Pika vs. Goliath episode. Every flash back Ash has had, was from the region. Could this be nothing? Maybe. But I don't think so. Besides, currently its impossible to get a legit Celebi causing the completion of the Pokedex to be impossible to do it with out cheating. AND the johto region Pokemon are damn near impossible to get! To get all the Johto Pokemon, excluding Celebi, you have to catch all the possible pokmon in FRLG and Collesuem and Gales of Darkness. So like I said, I really do think they're goin to make a G/S remake. That's my logic.

Years

Maybe the Orange Islands? thatd be so cool!

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Against what seems to be popular belief, I really do think that there are going to make GS remakes. There are just to many hints from the games and the anime. The games start out with the red gyarados and Jasmine appears out of no where. I mean seriously... there is NO REASON for her to be in these games! Unless, of course, they were planning on remaking the G/S games. The anime to! In the anime, other then the episode where Pachirisu got sick and the Pika vs. Goliath episode. Every flash back Ash has had, was from the region. Could this be nothing? Maybe. But I don't think so. Besides, currently its impossible to get a legit Celebi causing the completion of the Pokedex to be impossible to do it with out cheating. AND the johto region Pokemon are damn near impossible to get! To get all the Johto Pokemon, excluding Celebi, you have to catch all the possible pokmon in FRLG and Collesuem and Gales of Darkness. So like I said, I really do think they're goin to make a G/S remake. That's my logic.

I completely agree with you and now the starters and Gizamimi Pichu in the 12th movie and with the Johto dog trio not being in platinum.

RR☆Oresama

Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    Well excuuuse me, skeptics, well I'm one of the many believers here. G/S is a very highly demanded remake and in the words of RukarioX, the chances of one being released has been dramastically increasing right now.[/intentionaltypo]

First, here are happenings/events and facts that may lead us to a G/S remake this Generation:

EXAMPLE #1: Data related to Johto and the S.S. Ticket having been found in the D/P/P games.

EVIDENCE: The S.S. Ticket may be one of the items carried over to GSDS, since the last time remakes were made, FRLG used the in-game engine of RS: which can mean that some items from D/P can end up appearing in-game in GSDS. Johto being in the Pokémon's met list, however, will be a result of certain locations in the region not being named in the D/P games due to memory issues. That will be the only keyword for Pokémon traded from Johto.

EXAMPLE #2: Pichu and the three starters from Gold, Silver and Crystal having a role in the 12th movie.

EVIDENCE: Pichu and the three starters of Generation II, Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile having debuted in Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal having a role in the 12th Movie could mean that there will be a remake. How? The three starters ending up having to being used by Ash against Heatran could mean that the first time Johto startes AUTHENTICALLY from Johto come into contact with the Legendary Pokémon of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

EXAMPLE #3: The Legendary Birds appearing in Sinnoh absent from staying in native Kanto.

EVIDENCE: Remember the time when you played your copy of the Generation II game and having to use the Time Capsule to gain Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno all the way from your Generation I game, if you had to? That's right, the Legendary Birds can now be caught in a Generation IV game, and if possible, be traded to the GSDS games released in the same generation. It could be highly unlikely that there be a Pal Park due to the DSi's lack of a GBA slot.

There. Does that clear things up, you skeptics?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    i like ur theories and for the three starters i still think its ash's and dawn's pokemon in the first place not wild ones

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Seeing how it was highly demanded, it could be coming. Pokemon movies are always an elaborate way of advertising and ties in with anime all the time.

4 Johto pokemon out of nowhere? Something is obvisously up. They might even ustilise the male/female pichu ears in the the remake due to modern updates in the Pkm games.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    After seeing the poster with the Johto starters on, I'm starting to get really excited that there might be a GS remake. I don't want to get my hopes up just in case, but I can't help it, heh.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    After seeing the poster with the Johto starters on, I'm starting to get really excited that there might be a GS remake. I don't want to get my hopes up just in case, but I can't help it, heh.

wat poster? is there evn more proof now that I dont know about? something I can add to my long anoying list?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    A G/S Remake?

This pic. It came out in the latest Coro Coro edition along with the Arceus revelation.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    A G/S Remake?

Where did this art come from?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back