• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • Which is why I said they probably should be able to fit it all in. =P

It will be interesting to see if certain stuff from Crystal will get in, yes. I'm slightly doubtful they'd throw in that Japan-only Pokemon Communication Centre for certain (potentially they could just stick to Wi-Fi events, along with the odd store event for some countries and maybe some more movie ones? Eh, one will have to wait and see though). Other stuff includes the whole Suicune plot in Crystal (along with the guy who was obsessed with it XD), the Battle Tower there, the Odd Egg thing...

Will be interesting to see if the Red Gyarados appears as well - it was done partly to introduce the concept of shiny Pokemon in the 2nd gen - but now that's no longer the case. I believe they will probably still do it though, but we shall see.
    The only things I wanna see from crystal are
    The Unown thing. Come on that side plot was spiffy!
    Dragons Den. My god it was much greater then Silver and Golds. If they do the old one meh whatever.
    The name things for the towns. Sure we got them now but Crystals was spiffy. I want it like that but with a nice background like in platinum. Also the Red gyardos is a key plot thing AND platinum tells us about it. So if they take it out they will only hurt the game more then people think. Some people will like this some will not. Then there are those of us who love every Pokemon game and find them perfect.

YuuNoKami Saka

Super Sentai, Mairu!
    Years
  • Shift + Apostropht, then press "e".

I tried that...and it didn't work. Not to mention it didn't make sense before I did it. XD

The Pokemon Communication Center was a build in Japanese Crystal Versions that replaced Goldenrod's normal pokemon center. There was a pseudo-GTS feature in it using a certain model Cell Phone plugged into your GBC.

Cool. Sounds interesting.

PokéCom was a modified Pokémon Center in the Japanese release of Crystal, similar to the one on One Island in FR/LG. I suspect that it will be replaced with a Global Terminal building in the remakes.

Yeah. We'll get the original Pokemon Center with the GTS in it already.

To type the é character, I think it's Ctrl+Alt+E, but that might be only on European keyboards.

Darn it...that doesn't work either. :(

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm going to pre-order BOTH straight from Japan!

I WILL NOT wait for a US release.

Unlike Platinum, though, I will also get the English versions XD

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It was confirmed 2 Hours ago That it IS real It's on tne nintendo website (Japan) it's set to release in Japan in Fall 2009 & Usa and Europe 2010

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Oh my gosh I almost had a heart attack this morning when I went to Serebii and saw that they were confirmed! The titles of the two games look so pretty too! *_* I can't wait until they come up... Gold and Silver were some of the best Pokemon games.. just the look of it, the background music, the fact that it was actually a sequel to the first generation..

ARRRG I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! X)

I'm still not sure whether I'm going to end up getting Gold or Silver though. When the originals came out I owned Silver. Hmmm...

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    It was confirmed 2 Hours ago That it IS real It's on tne nintendo website (Japan) it's set to release in Japan in Fall 2009 & Usa and Europe 2010

For real? Wonderful, I can wait a worthy year! I plan to buy a lot other games anyway, so enough stuff to waste my time. X3

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • For real? Wonderful, I can wait a worthy year! I plan to buy a lot other games anyway, so enough stuff to waste my time. X3
    Why is it that I am the only European member here who thinks the longest wait curse for Europe is finally over? Seriously Look at platinum. Instead of a 4 or even 6 month gap we got only 2 months difference from the US.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Also the Red gyardos is a key plot thing AND platinum tells us about it. So if they take it out they will only hurt the game more then people think.
    I would be amused and somewhat surprised if they did leave out the Red Gyarados, considering the hints/mentions of it - and blatent ones - in D/P/Pt. XD Wouldn't make too much sense, admittedly.
    You listening using a .gbs file? :P

Goldenrod would be a likely location for the GTS. Could merge the Global Trade System with the terminals in the PokéCom Center, after all. It just ~sounds~ logical to do so.
    Could be? =P (I'll also note for those who don't mind reliving a few tunes from GSC that youtube does have a number of them =D).

Wonder also how the gyms will change, if at all? From the gym 'puzzles' (some like Bugsy's could use a touch up, IMO), to the Pokemon teams (Jasmine just might see a change to her team?) and maybe even the gym leaders themselves (but I doubt this). Doubt Whitney's Miltank is going to be any easier though, considering abilities like Thick Fat are now about and all. XD

For real? Wonderful, I can wait a worthy year! I plan to buy a lot other games anyway, so enough stuff to waste my time. X3
    I'd say about a 6-7-8 month wait for America after Japan gets it, based on previous delays for Pokemon games IIRC.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Wonder also how the gyms will change, if at all? From the gym 'puzzles' (some like Bugsy's could use a touch up, IMO), to the Pokemon teams (Jasmine just might see a change to her team?) and maybe even the gym leaders themselves (but I doubt this). Doubt Whitney's Miltank is going to be any easier though, considering abilities like Thick Fat are now about and all. XD

I'd say about a 6-7-8 month wait for America after Japan gets it, based on previous delays for Pokemon games IIRC.
    The gym leaders will surely get better teams if not awesome teams. I cannot wait for trainer animations. Clair whipping hair silver flicking hair and lance being the cape addict he always was. Anyway I wonder what new unseen features will come. I mean they done everything up to know.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The gym leaders will surely get better teams if not awesome teams. I cannot wait for trainer animations. Clair whipping hair silver flicking hair and lance being the cape addict he always was. Anyway I wonder what new unseen features will come. I mean they done everything up to know.
    We'll see about the team changes in due course, I suppose. They won't be making it too difficult though, I believe - still going to have young kids playing it and all.

Character animations will be nice to see as well (especially Lance's cape and all, admittedly... and the Rival's will be interesting to see as well). And for unseen features - hmm. For one I see the PokeGear getting an upgrade or two (possibly being moved to the bottom screen as well ala the Poketch in D/P/Pt). Will the Radio function stay in, I wonder?

...Well, considering the whole Radio Tower in Goldenrod, I'd assume so.
    I was more referring to the US and EU release difference.
    A couple/few months then max, I'd guess. Not that they'd be any changes from the American version besides them changing PAL and what-not - such as, say, not using American English. -_- (Mom =/= Mum over here XD)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm so excited for these, I can't wait to get some screenshots of the game! ...As well as the covers <3

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • This makes me very happy. Like many fans, I think G/S were the best games of the series. I just hope they don't spoil them too much by changing too many things (i.e. FR/LG, interrupting sidequest after Cinnabar battle, Sevi Islands, etc.). Hopefully most of the extras will just be stuff that they added to Crystal.

If they DO in fact implement R/S and D/P Pokemon into the remakes, hopefully they'll have a new area that they will appear in. I mean, I don't want to be traveling through Route 45 and end up encountering a wild Bronzor (I hate that thing =P).

Of course, whatever they do with them, I will get them (or at least one of them) and I will like it. It will be hard for me to not import. I was psyched about Platinum and ended up importing it. Maybe I'll wait for the English version of these to come out.

Since I started my Pokemon journey with Silver Version, I'll probably get SoulSilver. (Woo! Level 70 Ho-Oh!)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • We'll see about the team changes in due course, I suppose. They won't be making it too difficult though, I believe - still going to have young kids playing it and all.

Character animations will be nice to see as well (especially Lance's cape and all, admittedly... and the Rival's will be interesting to see as well). And for unseen features - hmm. For one I see the PokeGear getting an upgrade or two (possibly being moved to the bottom screen as well ala the Poketch in D/P/Pt). Will the Radio function stay in, I wonder?

...Well, considering the whole Radio Tower in Goldenrod, I'd assume so.
    A couple/few months then max, I'd guess. Not that they'd be any changes from the American version besides them changing PAL and what-not - such as, say, not using American English. -_- (Mom =/= Mum over here XD)
    Yeah I get what you mean for the teams. The Pokegear of course will get some type of upgrade. Seeing as everything thought possible is mostly used I wonder if the rumored new breeding system and more fleshed out visual changes for Pokemon that are rumored is true. Or maybe they will have DSi features.

I just the remixed songs wont sound like crap like FRLG
    The music is greatly improved from the GBA era. Go listen to some new music from platinum. They will surely make the music great. I am waiting for the new music of Kanto gym battles.

I'm so excited for these, I can't wait to get some screenshots of the game! ...As well as the covers <3
    Wait all you want. Boxes I don't see in until June. Screens this month obviously.

The Wave

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016

I'm more worrying about the countries that don't speak/use English, like Germany, Spanish(?) etc. Those languages needs to be added in the game, thus making the development a bit longer. Damn why don't they simply learn and use English?!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I just the remixed songs wont sound like crap like FRLG
    The music is greatly improved from the GBA era. Go listen to some new music from platinum. They will surely make the music great. I am waiting for the new music of Kanto gym battles.
    Opinions on music also seems to differ and be a subjective matter though. =P And one still ahs to hope they do a decent job on GS's music as well. =P
    If they DO in fact implement R/S and D/P Pokemon into the remakes, hopefully they'll have a new area that they will appear in. I mean, I don't want to be traveling through Route 45 and end up encountering a wild Bronzor (I hate that thing =P).
    Yeah - personally I'd rather that for the first part of the adventure (i.e. until Pokemon League is over) they keep it to Johto and Kanto Pokemon. (Although I'd like some changes from the original GSC - such as, say Houndour being a Pokemon that is catchable in Johto -_-). I'd find it a bit odd if they said something like 'oh look - Pokemon from Hoenn have... migrated to Kanto now!' considering there's the small matter of ocean to bypass and all. XD
    I'm more worrying about the countries that don't speak/use English, like Germany, Spanish(?) etc. Those languages needs to be added in the game, thus making the development a bit longer. Damn why don't they simply learn and use English?!
    Aww, don't hate on the non-primarily-english-speaking countries. =p Of course they'd translate it - part and parcel of any game really released worldwide. But they don't go and change anything visually noticeable for us in Australia though, for one. -_- But there's always importing...

The Wave

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Aww, don't hate on the non-primarily-english-speaking countries. =p Of course they'd translate it - part and parcel of any game really released worldwide. But they don't go and change anything visually noticeable for us in Australia though, for one. -_- But there's always importing...

I live in the Netherlands, and English isn't primary language there either, yet 99.9% of all video games are English.
    And as for importing, my parents are sadly against importing/buying online.....

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • yeah good thing for me importing is as easy as going down the street and walking int a shop. Anyway here is all the animations I could think of.

Falkner- Something to do with birds.
    Bugsy- That net is for waving around so yeah.
    Whitney-Being all Kawaii. Like bending of kness and hands at face.
    Morty- Tough one. I think it will be something like him being some kind of psychic.
    Chuck- Gar all the way.
    Jasmine. Shy or something.
    Pryce- Cane waving. You cannot have an old man with a gym and not have cane waving.
    Clair. *whipping sound* Yeah this is my favorite.

Will-All Joker like
    Karen- No idea.
    Koga- Ninja powers.
    Bruno- Gar in the elite 4.
    Lance. Give me some of that cape action!

Now for the rival I expect hair swishing.

Kanto Leaders also!
    Brock-Dull and boring
    Misty- Maybe a jump?
    Lt. Surge- Gar in Kanto.
    Erica- Flowers or something like a bow?
    Koga's Daughter-Ninja's in Kanto
    Sabrina- Psychic spoon bending
    Blaine- wig action?
    Green- No idea maybe a point?

And last and not least
    RED!-Oh I expect a cap turn or something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back