• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A game series that...um...doesnt deserve to live.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
    eh, i wouldnt be mad if they made another sonic chronicles of the dark brotherhood or whatever games, you know the one by bioware. and klippy, your pic and sig are awesome, but creep me out every time i see them

Years
    The Crash Bandicoot series. Definitely. It started out as such a great series, I freakin' loved the games!! ...Then Naughty Dog sold Crash. I think Crash was still going a bit with Traveler's Tales (or whatever that company was called) when they made Cortex Strikes Back and Twinsanity, but then Sierra came up and killed him. I swear, if that series doesn't just die already, I will kill someone (loljk). It's just so painful seeing my once beloved little bandicoot be turned into a babbling idiot. U_U

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    Guitar Hero. I think that constantly rehashing it with more songs does not make it better and there is already a hack out there for one of them that lets you insert your own, anyways. If anything, it's release model is starting to scream of ad nauseum because they keep releasing a few every year if you include the band specific versions.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Basically, any movie game that isn't based off Lego.
    I'd like to show the HP series here. Since HP just got a Lego title, I still haven't gotten my hands on it, but I have Indiana Jones, and it kicks ass.
    Well, let's see... the first two HP games were running off the same engine. A slight chance on PoA, but not something too good. Just graphics. 4... the 4th game destroyed the game, changed it completly... WTF fire salamandres... whatever.
    I played 5 and 6 only on the PSP, and they sucked equally.
    HP books and movies are ENOUGH. The Lego version is cool too, but... those games started being ruined since Prisoner of Azkaban. :/

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
    Am I the only person who believes that all games should stay alive? They all appeal to their target audience (Well, some better than others) and the only stupid game is Naughty Bear. The only person who'd enjoy that is Scott from my school, and he was a total ****.

CptnSmonge

Pineapple Pirate
    Years
    Premise games are getting pretty old, which can definitely account for Sonic and Mario. Problem is the games get stale if you keep Mario in the Mushroom Kingdom and Sonic 2D. I guess Sega's brainchild and Nintendo's plethora of icons will never really die but will be continuously exploited for the rest of their lives. Last time I checked, though, Zelda was perfect, however I haven't played a title since Twilight Princess... which still kinda sucked since there's no post-gameplay after the win (to think the Oracle games surpassed TP in that regard).

I guess one series in general I want to see die gracefully would be any series that could really pull off a big win and ending. I don't think games like Mario and Zelda can pull that off since Mario is kept really casual and Zelda can have a big win and then just move the timeline up higher or lower. I think a Big Win, one with really huge amounts of awesome, could be handled by games like Starfox and Metroid which have always had a more serious tone to them.

And Pikmin. Only so many times you can rehash that idea. And, sadly, Animal Crossing. I guess that game is only fun the first time you play it.

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot. Those were the first two video games I ever played; loved them both. My roommate has a Playstation III, on which I played the most recent Crash Bandicoot game.

Needless to say, I cried. One more childhood memory destroyed.

I can understand the argument that each video game is intended for and appeals to a target audience. However, when a series goes *so* far away from its original intention, as the Crash Bandicoot series has, maybe it's time for the designers to just start a new game entirely.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (seriously- pokemon+zelda+final fantasy= CRAP)

D:

The only series I kind of want to go away are basically every sports title released on a yearly basis. Who actually enjoys spending $60 a year to play the same game again with different names in it?

Nurse Barbra

Sunday + Rain = Craptaciluar.
    Years
    D:

The only series I kind of want to go away are basically every sports title released on a yearly basis. Who actually enjoys spending $60 a year to play the same game again with different names in it?
    You have a point there, but people usually get bought out by: "Oh look! <insertteamnamehere> has new jerseys.

Also a few more are:

• Any game made by disney/4kids/nickeloden/ect.

• Complation games which have like 2 in 1, and are 1/3 the price of the games seperately. (like say, X game and Y game seperatly are $50 EACH,yet say.. 9 months later, they release a complation pack/3rd version (coughplatinumcough) with (nearly) the exact same story line for like..$39)

• Any games which use an "Insturment" as a controler. Its a plastic waste of money dudes/dames. learn to play a real insturment if you wanna play a song.
    • Games where the main characther SPEAKS OUTSIDE OF CUTSCENES. I dont mind the ocasional grunt/curse when they get hurt,but other than that... get. out.
    • Any "Kinect" games.People can really mess with the software folks.
    • Games that have outrageous achievements, like say, Get through the entire game without killing anybody, using no ammo, not setting off any alarms within <outrageous time here>.
    If we all get rid of these games, people will be happier.... (well i will be anyway.)

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    one game that needs to seriously die is the Dynasty Warriors game. they're making another one and the developers say it'll be different from all the others. yeah right, that's what they said about the other games and they're all nothing but button mashing and terrible game mechanics.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    • Games that have outrageous achievements, like say, Get through the entire game without killing anybody, using no ammo, not setting off any alarms within <outrageous time here>.

I don't think just because they game has difficult achievements doesn't mean the whole game sucks. :<

Oh, and no more Mario Party. Please, they stopped being fun after 4. Now you're just re-treading the same ground. I'm happy with the rest of the series, but leave this one franchise alone. :<

Thunder_Brew_07

Friend of All Pokemon
    Years
    The Sonic series absolutely. They should have stopped a long time ago but they insist on constantly sending out broken and uncreative games year after year. If the sonic series died Sega would die too but who cares? Sonic was all that ever really had success from them.

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
    D:

Thank you! Sports games are a huge waste of money if they're outdated within a year.

I think Nintendo can survive without Mario. There's only so much you can make him do, and I think sending him into space for the second time was the final straw.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I have to say I haven't really seen too many game series that need to 'die' per-se, but there are some who need to be done better.
    Sonic the Hedgehog - Maybe Sega should pull a reverse and let Nintendo develop a Sonic title in the way that they developed an F-Zero. Sadly, for such a great character, he's had some mediocre games as of late, although the handhelds and Sonic 4 are pretty good games.
    Ace Attorney: Get back to Phoenix Wright and they'll be good again.

Those are the only ones that come to mind. I do think we need less 'mature' titles though that are violent for the sake of violence. I do think that Gears of War, Dragon Age, Halo, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, and Resident Evil are pretty good though.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    I don't really know of a game that needs to die, but I can say I disagree with some peoples selections that I read(and I read very few)
    Disagree:
    Sonic-Classic and awesome game. That says enough.
    Mario-Same as above^
    Spyro-I love the little dragon, he's purple, awesome, destroys huge enemies and is just cool. (I played most of the ones for PS1 and Eternal night, though it disappeared before I got very far into it.)
    Ratchet and Clank-Love the Ratchet and Clank series. (only played 1,2 and 3 so...)
    Pokemon-Hello! Why would anyone say that, especially here? We're on a Pokemon forum! Pokemon is just great (though the Anime sucks now)
    Dynasty Warriors-I liked the series but honestly i've only played 6, put in five, was very disappointed by graphics and such and turned it off. Though, the Dynasty Gundam can just Burn. That was just sad and was voted worst game or something on G4

But, people are entitled to their opinion so...

If I had to vote a game to die it would be...
    Honestly I don't know. I haven't experianced many bad games.

Back