• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A letter to your past

Ayselipera

hay gurl, (at any age I would appreciate this)

We used to fuss when the landlord dissed us
    No heat, wonder why Christmas missed us
    Birthdays was the worst days
    Now we sip champagne when we thirst-ay
    Uh, damn right I like the life I live
    'Cause I went from negative to positive
    And it's all... (It's all good)

and if you don't know, now you know ---------------

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • Dear 13 years old me,

i'm sure you regret that but also....you didn't know that would happen..you still have that feeling in your hand and that picture...try to keep that always...

yours truly,
    21 years old me..

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Dear 12 Year Old me,

Remember to put as much effort as possible into all of the classes you will be taking in the future or else you won't get into a good college; more like a horrible community college.

:t354:TG

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Dear 15 year old me,

Glad you're enjoying 10th grade! I know how everything turns out and really, I don't think I'm going to tell you, as it is yours to discover. You will have some bad times this year but they will lead to great times later, and I don't want to ruin that.
    Little things though, ONE OK ROCK is still your favourite band! Take the Sedin's in next years hockey pool, Henrik if you can only get one. Eventually you will go to Hawaii for Christmas, let yourself enjoy it! I really want to tell you to get a job, cause you are dying for some cash right now! But at the same time, your life will be pretty great the next 3 years and we'll never have a chance like that again! But seriously, push yourself a little bit harder when you do get a job and on homework assignments. No, no, you're right, you will do fine and a lot of it doesn't matter, except what does matter is developing a work ethic and you could really use on right now! Also don't wait around on the grad date thing, ask the girl who writes you notes for June 2nd. You guys are great friends anyways, actually on second thought don't. Rolling up with Grey Fox is too epic an experience to miss out on. :P

In the end, go out there, make those mistakes, tell Mom you love her a little more (no she doesn't die!), she'll just appreciate it. :-)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Dear 11 year old me,

Forget academics, just do what you enjoy, not what you're told to. Don't take **** seriously. Gary is right, it's them with the problem, not you.

And get off the internet.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • Dear Ten year old me,

Look out. There are a lot of pitfalls on the way. I can't give you all the details, I feel like this letter would be pages longer if I did. But the advice I can give you? Don't try to take it all on your own. There are people you can lean on. You'll make new friends too, unconventional ones - but they'll be good friends all the same.

As you turn thirteen or fourteen you'll begin to realise something about yourself. Don't be scared. It isn't weird. Everyone will actually be very supportive of you. You'll learn who your real friends are.

And that note on friends. Stop letting them push you around. Do not let them say those things to you. You are not ugly. You are not boring. You never have been, nor will you ever be.

But above all else, you're a strong person. You'll make it through, you always do.

Sincerely, Your Seventeen year old self.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Dear 16 year old me,
    There is going to be a girl. Isn't there always? You're that age now. You really need to make a choice; allow the love you feel for this girl to lead you into a relationship. And yes, you can do it, despite what you think. You have more appeal than you might have imagined. But think about the long term. What you want to do with your life is going to change. It's probably too late now, but get really good at drawing, if you want to keep up graphic design. It'll save your ass later on. But the big thing is, she's not going to want to stay in this city. She'll want to move to the capital. You need to prepare yourself for this, because, well, you found out too late this time... make a long term plan before it becomes to late again, or seriously reconsider being in a relationship which makes you feel so strongly.

Right now, I know I'm happy where I am. But I'm unsure how happy I am about where I'm going to be. Money is tight, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get by. So perhaps you should get a job now while you can and save up. You have the chance to have both love and do what you love. I'm not so sure about me. But do these things and you'll be fine. I only wish I knew then, because now... well, now is scary. Learn to assert yourself much more than you do, you actually have a lot of ability. But most of all, prepare. My time has run out, and I'm sure I'm going to suffer in some places for it.​
    Gav

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • dear 13 year-old me:
    don't be afraid to be a little adventurous. don't let your parents direct your life all the time. learn how to play the guitar. try out for all the school plays. try out for the school glee club. don't let them haters get to you. stand up for what you believe in.

Back