• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Professor in Town - Kanto Adventure PG13 OOC Thread

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • Perhaps you'll be happy to hear that I'll be posting tommorow? Wait... it's past midnight, so later today ;P

@Izuya_Namikaze: I don't know if slls81 will open SUs to you, but if he does, your starter can be anything basically, if I'm correct.

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • Perhaps you'll be happy to hear that I'll be posting tommorow? Wait... it's past midnight, so later today ;P

@Izuya_Namikaze: I don't know if slls81 will open SUs to you, but if he does, your starter can be anything basically, if I'm correct.

This makes me very happy :)

@Izuya_Namikaze - Yeah feel free to sign up, like Nakuzami says it's pretty much an open starter.

Anyway, sorry I've been so inactive lately. My laptop has decided to die... again :(. So haven't had my usual access. Should get it back at the beginning of next week, so look for increased activity on my end from then :)

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    I don't think Izuya_Namikaze posted their SU, so... may I? I'm a pretty active player.

If so, where in Hoenn would I start?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years

You see how I lied there? S-see how I lied?
    Well, I hez the post about halfway done, Ima introduce a recurring NPC for Kris there, and have him battle and raise his Pokemon... basically. I will finish and post within the next week, but after that, I'll be gone for a week. Not like that matters since I haven't posted in forever anyways.
    I'm really surprised this thing has started to slow down. I figured that it would go on forever :3 It still could, but it's not looking so great :|

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    Maybe I could be a bit rude and post a SU now and see if slls81 accepts another player or not whenever he logs on?

slls81

Years
  • I don't think Izuya_Namikaze posted their SU, so... may I? I'm a pretty active player.

If so, where in Hoenn would I start?

If you want to sign up then feel free. We're coming up to a trainer house on Route 114, so the best time to jump in would probably be then.

You see how I lied there? S-see how I lied?
    Well, I hez the post about halfway done, Ima introduce a recurring NPC for Kris there, and have him battle and raise his Pokemon... basically. I will finish and post within the next week, but after that, I'll be gone for a week. Not like that matters since I haven't posted in forever anyways.
    I'm really surprised this thing has started to slow down. I figured that it would go on forever :3 It still could, but it's not looking so great :|

Yeah it seems to have ground to a near standstill recently. Hopefully it will pick up again over the next few weeks, as I still have some ideas I want to add to the RP...

So get that post up

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    Oh, thanks! I'll re-work one of my old SUs to fit this RP :D Would you like my character to be... a trainer from Hoenn that has nothing to do with professor Maple at first but comes into the story later on?

And also.. how many pokémon am I allowed to have when I start?

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • Oh, thanks! I'll re-work one of my old SUs to fit this RP :D Would you like my character to be... a trainer from Hoenn that has nothing to do with professor Maple at first but comes into the story later on?

And also.. how many pokémon am I allowed to have when I start?

We're quite a long way in to Hoenn now, so starting from the beginning is probably a bit too much of an ask... jumping in at the current point is probably the best idea.

I'll have a think about what I want to do and send you a PM. We've got an upcoming event, so I'll probably try to think of a way to introduce new RPers during the event if possible...

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    We're quite a long way in to Hoenn now, so starting from the beginning is probably a bit too much of an ask... jumping in at the current point is probably the best idea.

I'll have a think about what I want to do and send you a PM. We've got an upcoming event, so I'll probably try to think of a way to introduce new RPers during the event if possible...

Fair enough. I'll post my SU within the hour so that you'll know if you even want me or not ^^

EDIT: Here it finally is, sorry it took so very long :x I'm too picky when it comes to what pokémon I want... I changed starter to Cyndaquil/Quilava btw.

Name: Sally Silverstein
    Age 14

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

She is pretty short, about 162 centimeters and she weighs 50 kilos, most of which is muscles and bones. She is rather well built even though she looks thin. This comes from her always playing outdoors in secret, much more than her sisters did. Her hair is very long and brightly blond, and usually partly held up by black bows above her ears. Her skin is rather pale, with lots of freckles, not only in her face. Her eyes are big and a greenish brown color. She has a thin silver chain with a necklace shaped like a tear around her neck. It's printed with the insignia of her family, Silverstein.

Personality: Sally is rather energetic and easily annoyed. She can be both serious and joking, but normally she is some kind of mix of the two. Traveling away from her home in Johto sure did things to her personality. Over the course of a few months, she went from being a nice little obedient girl to a poisonous rebel who wouldn't hesitate to throw you off a cliff if she had to choose between that and something that benefited her. She is rather smart and calculating, unless a battle becomes too furious, and even if she sometimes seems oblivious to other people's feelings, she isn't. She just tends ignores them when it suits her.

She can speak of her feelings, but she usually does it with a sarcastic tongue and a joke at the end. If someone should manage to creep underneath her skin and reveal her weakness though, that is the constant pressure of having to live up to her family's expectations, she would probably start crying on the spot.

History: She grew up with her three older sisters in Johto's Violet City, in the rather fine family of Silverstein. Her oldest sister, Fanny, long time ago became a wealthy lawyer living in Olivine City. The next sister, Cindy, became a notably good pokémon contestant in Johto and has moved on to Hoenn to continue. Her youngest sister, Penny, didn't like pokémon much and became an artist and DJ who moved to Goldenrod City not long ago to become more popular. Their parents are incredibly proud and now expect Sally to do at least as good as all the others. Sally doesn't like law school, pokémon contests or drawing. She wants to be good at something different, and she has something in common with Cindy...

She likes pokémon. But while Cindy does everything she can to collect beautiful ones and make them even prettier, Sally is more of a tomboy on the inside and is fascinated with pokémon battles. She didn't get her first pokémon at the age of ten like many others did, because her parents didn't think it was a fitting occupation for a fine little girl. Cindy got her pokémon when she was older, as a gift. Being a young teenager, Sally now started to rebel more and more toward her parents and refuses to be the pretty little girl they want her to be. She would much rather be outdoors running with pokémon than sit inside and drink tea with her phony, wealthy friends. Now when her last sister has finally moved, Sally dares to speak her mind around her home.

One day she walked up to her parents and said that she wanted to become a pokémon trainer. The parents had allowed her sisters to do what they wanted with their lives so they couldn't really deny Sally this, even though they didn't think it was a suitable profession. Sally started talking to the trainers around Violet and ventured a bit further to other towns as well. She tried to watch and learn, even though her parents didn't want to give her a pokémon of her own. Her sisters heard about it and came home to laugh at her from time to times. Only Cindy was a bit approving and sent letters from Hoenn once in a while, even though she didn't really like ugly pokémon and battles.

Eventually, Sally had had enough of their mean words. After lots of thinking, she packed her stuff and left a note on the dinner table, and went away. She hitch-hiked her way to Pallet Town, because she had heard about professor Maple and her giving away pokémon and pokédexes to new trainers. Somehow, she managed to get a spot before her parents could stop her, partly by lying and saying her wealthy Silverstein parents had given her permission. She got a starter who originated from Johto, Cyndaquil, and went with Mr Briney and the others to Hoenn, the region where Cindy was now: Hoenn.

There, she started getting to know Cyndaquil, calling her Sin, and battled other trainers around Petalburg. Eventually, she realized that she should capture more pokémon to be successful though. And to do that, she had to travel. So she did.

Starter Choice:
    ->

Cyndaquil, female, called Sin. (if she's allowed to be lv 14 or more, she's probably evolved)

Other pokémon:
    Sandshrew, male, called Strike.
    Geodude, male, called Clash.
    Aron, male, called Break.
    Sableye, female, called Fade.

Is this alright? Someone's team has got an obvious weakness to water...! Anyways, Sally prefers to attack physically but when she needs to, her powerhouse Sin comes out with her fire. And when all else fails, she drags out Fade.

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • Fair enough. I'll post my SU within the hour so that you'll know if you even want me or not ^^

EDIT: Here it finally is, sorry it took so very long :x I'm too picky when it comes to what pokémon I want... I changed starter to Cyndaquil/Quilava btw.

Name: Sally Silverstein
    Age 14

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

She is pretty short, about 162 centimeters and she weighs 50 kilos, most of which is muscles and bones. She is rather well built even though she looks thin. This comes from her always playing outdoors in secret, much more than her sisters did. Her hair is very long and brightly blond, and usually partly held up by black bows above her ears. Her skin is rather pale, with lots of freckles, not only in her face. Her eyes are big and a greenish brown color. She has a thin silver chain with a necklace shaped like a tear around her neck. It's printed with the insignia of her family, Silverstein.

Personality: Sally is rather energetic and easily annoyed. She can be both serious and joking, but normally she is some kind of mix of the two. Traveling away from her home in Johto sure did things to her personality. Over the course of a few months, she went from being a nice little obedient girl to a poisonous rebel who wouldn't hesitate to throw you off a cliff if she had to choose between that and something that benefited her. She is rather smart and calculating, unless a battle becomes too furious, and even if she sometimes seems oblivious to other people's feelings, she isn't. She just tends ignores them when it suits her.

She can speak of her feelings, but she usually does it with a sarcastic tongue and a joke at the end. If someone should manage to creep underneath her skin and reveal her weakness though, that is the constant pressure of having to live up to her family's expectations, she would probably start crying on the spot.

History: She grew up with her three older sisters in Johto's Violet City, in the rather fine family of Silverstein. Her oldest sister, Fanny, long time ago became a wealthy lawyer living in Olivine City. The next sister, Cindy, became a notably good pokémon contestant in Johto and has moved on to Hoenn to continue. Her youngest sister, Penny, didn't like pokémon much and became an artist and DJ who moved to Goldenrod City not long ago to become more popular. Their parents are incredibly proud and now expect Sally to do at least as good as all the others. Sally doesn't like law school, pokémon contests or drawing. She wants to be good at something different, and she has something in common with Cindy...

She likes pokémon. But while Cindy does everything she can to collect beautiful ones and make them even prettier, Sally is more of a tomboy on the inside and is fascinated with pokémon battles. She didn't get her first pokémon at the age of ten like many others did, because her parents didn't think it was a fitting occupation for a fine little girl. Cindy got her pokémon when she was older, as a gift. Being a young teenager, Sally now started to rebel more and more toward her parents and refuses to be the pretty little girl they want her to be. She would much rather be outdoors running with pokémon than sit inside and drink tea with her phony, wealthy friends. Now when her last sister has finally moved, Sally dares to speak her mind around her home.

One day she walked up to her parents and said that she wanted to become a pokémon trainer. The parents had allowed her sisters to do what they wanted with their lives so they couldn't really deny Sally this, even though they didn't think it was a suitable profession. Sally started talking to the trainers around Violet and ventured a bit further to other towns as well. She tried to watch and learn, even though her parents didn't want to give her a pokémon of her own. Her sisters heard about it and came home to laugh at her from time to times. Only Cindy was a bit approving and sent letters from Hoenn once in a while, even though she didn't really like ugly pokémon and battles.

Eventually, Sally had had enough of their mean words. After lots of thinking, she packed her stuff and left a note on the dinner table, and went away. She hitch-hiked her way to Pallet Town, because she had heard about professor Maple and her giving away pokémon and pokédexes to new trainers. Somehow, she managed to get a spot before her parents could stop her, partly by lying and saying her wealthy Silverstein parents had given her permission. She got a starter who originated from Johto, Cyndaquil, and went with Mr Briney and the others to Hoenn, the region where Cindy was now: Hoenn.

There, she started getting to know Cyndaquil, calling her Sin, and battled other trainers around Petalburg. Eventually, she realized that she should capture more pokémon to be successful though. And to do that, she had to travel. So she did.

Starter Choice:
    ->

Cyndaquil, female, called Sin. (if she's allowed to be lv 14 or more, she's probably evolved)

Other pokémon:
    Sandshrew, male, called Strike.
    Geodude, male, called Clash.
    Aron, male, called Break.
    Sableye, female, called Fade.

Is this alright? Someone's team has got an obvious weakness to water...! Anyways, Sally prefers to attack physically but when she needs to, her powerhouse Sin comes out with her fire. And when all else fails, she drags out Fade.

I've added you to the front post :)

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • I'm still here :D I think I just needed a break from RPing (which I've now had ^^) So all should be good from now on :3

slls81

Years
  • I'm still here :D I think I just needed a break from RPing (which I've now had ^^) So all should be good from now on :3

Good to see you back. We seem to be picking up a couple of RPers recently. Hopefully we can get another nice group of regulars together, and can move this forward again :)

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    Nice to see another player :3

There, I posted Fallarbor town and route 113. I'll probably make more posts on route 113.

Back