• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Place to show off Your Custom Title Screens

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    To be honest, it's not great. There isn't much of a BG which is a let down, it's also very bright. It's well inserted though, I've seen much worse. You should work on the text and get a good BG. It's hard to make a very good title screen with 16 colours I know but keep at it!
    yeah, im a very bad spriter you see. the worst in the world. i had to scratch it, so yeah, it turned out into crap. text was not by me! XD

EDIT: looks like you guys also talked too much ..... SPAM! XD

i guessed this was going to be my most awesome titlescreen, but destiny........ someone had repointed the press start img in unlz.gba so....... the last part is messed up.

Last edited:
    Years
  • yeah, im a very bad spriter you see. the worst in the world. i had to scratch it, so yeah, it turned out into crap. text was not by me! XD

EDIT: looks like you guys also talked too much ..... SPAM! XD

i guessed this was going to be my most awesome titlescreen, but destiny........ someone had repointed the press start img in unlz.gba so....... the last part is messed up.
    I had the problem too when I was helping codec, maybe you should the image I made for the background.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023

This is really nice but there's a lot of colours. Have you inserted it before?
    If this is it inserted, great job!

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • A Place to show off Your Custom Title Screens

This is really nice but there's a lot of colours. Have you inserted it before?
    If this is it inserted, great job!
    The (c)2010 Ben. has the same pallet as shamin and the background is 16 depth so all is good to go

forestw785

I divide by 0.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    wow. These are all better than what I can do. ><
    I looked at a tutorial, all I did was replace the sprite, nothing more.

But good job guys!!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • My turn again.
    So basically I gave it a palette edit to suit the environment of the new Infernal Legend and I gave it a better logo.

DawnRyder

I cannot believe I'm back -.-
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    My turn again.
    So basically I gave it a palette edit to suit the environment of the new Infernal Legend and I gave it a better logo.

Great Job!
    Does the 'Press Start' blink?

DawnRyder

I cannot believe I'm back -.-
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    Nope, since I had to insert it with the Ho-oh, which is kind of a shame, but in Fire Red the blinking "Press Start" annoyed me after a while.

I think there is a way to have a sprite, background, and blinking press start.

You just have to have a background with large areas of solid color, change the palette entries 2-5 to the colors that you want to blink. I haven't tested it yet, but if you go to 'palette viewer' in VBA and select auto refresh and click on the VBA window, you see the 16th palette isn't really a palette at all. It is the 15th palette slightly modified.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • I think there is a way to have a sprite, background, and blinking press start.

You just have to have a background with large areas of solid color, change the palette entries 2-5 to the colors that you want to blink. I haven't tested it yet, but if you go to 'palette viewer' in VBA and select auto refresh and click on the VBA window, you see the 16th palette isn't really a palette at all. It is the 15th palette slightly modified.

Goood idea, but due to the way I did the background, I don't think I can do that. :\

Back