• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Place to show off Your Custom Title Screens

BrokenRoses

Rom Hacker & PSP Hacker GOD!!!
Years
  • Well, I think that looks really cool. The flames suit the gengar and the screen has a sort of spooky look. However, I don't know what has happened to the text but my guess us that you reinserted it as 16 colours instead of 256 colours. Also, the lunar text needs changing to a more Nintendo style text.
    Like I said its animated xD The text changes style :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Alright, how's this one?

newtitlescreen.png

It's for Ruby again. Yes, the flames move, and yes the press start flashes.

Can I get some more opinions on this one? I'm thinking of maybe changing the Pokemon logo. Flames are going to stay though, they look awesome while moving =) .

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Why are you using a 3rd gen Ho-oh sprite, but a 4th gen Lugia sprite? Also, move the Ho-oh down a bit; the 'PRESS START' is overlapping its head.

And yes, I would change the logo. Maybe you could use the official one, but recoloured (and maybe with some effects added) to suit your hack?

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Why are you using a 3rd gen Ho-oh sprite, but a 4th gen Lugia sprite? Also, move the Ho-oh down a bit; the 'PRESS START' is overlapping its head.

And yes, I would change the logo. Maybe you could use the official one, but recoloured (and maybe with some effects added) to suit your hack?

Yeah, good point. I'm using a 3rd Gen Ho-Oh and a 4th gen Lugia simply because there is not enough space. By not enough space I mean that Lugia and Ho-Oh are not part of the background (because of GBA limitations) but rather use a 256 color palette and are a part of the Pokemon Logo Tileset/Tilemap. Since they use a 256 color palette, that means they are 8bp in NTME, so the tileset cannot be larger than 256 tiles. If I use a 4th gen Ho-Oh and Lugia (As I tried to in the beginning), there would not be enough space for the Pokemon Logo itself (Hence the shrinked Pokemon Logo size).

Also, the press start flashes, so I don't think it's that much of a big deal.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    I would cut down on the flames, while I'm sure they look cool while moving, I think they would be more appreciated if there was less.

And yeah, as Wichu said, I would move Ho-Oh down, or to the side a bit. While it doesn't really look like much of a problem with the 'PRESS START' flashing, it just makes you look a bit lazy. ;)

Well.. Yeah, that and the fact that if I move Ho-Oh down its leg will then be blocked by the gamefreak logo that does not flash. And it's also impossible to cut down the flames amount. Same thing for moving Ho-Oh to the side (which I planned to do originally) because, according to the tilemap, he IS all the way at the left, but when displayed in the game, he's not. It's a limitation of the pokemon logo tilemap, I think.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • This is the first title screen i've ever done... dont judge me too harshly ;) but C&C is cool.
    2mdwuf.jpg

Ooh, that's simple, but nice. Next time remove multiple tiles from your tileset you avoid the errors at the bottom left. However, it would be good if you included a bar at the top and a bar at the bottom saying 2009 ????. Also I think you should add a press start sign in the middle. :3

deeelove

Dradradra drama BEATZZ
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    hey i know this sounds stupid but i look and couldn't find my answer. what are you guys using to make these? Like just straight paint or photoshop or what?

fuznug

Hacker In Training
    Years
  • Ooh, that's simple, but nice. Next time remove multiple tiles from your tileset you avoid the errors at the bottom left. However, it would be good if you included a bar at the top and a bar at the bottom saying 2009 ????. Also I think you should add a press start sign in the middle. :3

Can you show me how? or if i send you the files could you do it for me :P Im still very new at this... P.M. If ya can, im on usually every day.

Last edited:

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    hey i know this sounds stupid but i look and couldn't find my answer. what are you guys using to make these? Like just straight paint or photoshop or what?

:O i cant answer for everyone but a lot of the title screens from earlier posts were done more than likely using the tool

if they were using photoshop it could look a lot better

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • you use NTME and a program called sphere. First you make what you BG will look like or find a BG that you like, then you resize it to TS standards (32x30 I think?) then open sphere and go make tilemap from file. open your titlescreen and put 8 and 8. then it asks to remove duplicate tiles. select yes. save yout tilemap and make a screen cap of the tiles. crop out your tiles in paint and save as PNG (as always :P) open tiles and and youir map in sphere and check it over. Repeat for pokemon. for the text use photoshop. cant explain that in full detail, but there are a couple of tuts here for you to use. :D

deeelove

Dradradra drama BEATZZ
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    taht helped actually alot. one more question what is NTME?

deeelove

Dradradra drama BEATZZ
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    alright thanks alot. im gonna try but i dont think ill get it

deeelove

Dradradra drama BEATZZ
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    dam i can not figure this out, screw it. Anyway fuznug that looks awesome!

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
    Years
  • Here is my title screen updated from the comments i recieved.
    6ae190c9f3.png

This is much better than the previous one you posted. I really like this one a lot. I only suggest moving the Charizard sprite down a little bit because it looks like everything is squished up at the top if you know what I mean.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • This is much better than the previous one you posted. I really like this one a lot. I only suggest moving the Charizard sprite down a little bit because it looks like everything is squished up at the top if you know what I mean.

I agree with you. Although, I would like to add that you should raise the press start up a bit. :3

Back