• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AAML is dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRs Rockin

Antirocketshipper
    Years
    UGH! Okay i want someone to clear this please... someone on this site i was at a LONG time ago said that the future seasons of pokemon was going to be about Ash and Misty's kid!!!! I dont' think that is true... but just thought i'd post it anyway. I really wish they would've dropped Ash AND James from the show instead of Misty... (please don't get mad at me... this is my personal opinion) We all know (or most of us) that Ash is completely brainless therefor i'd say he counts as half a person and James... the other brainless freak on the show... counts as half, so half and half makes one! So they'd be only dropping one person from the show!! HAHA i love math! Anyway of the subject... i don't like the idea of him and Misty gettin together... she deserves better... (once again.. only an opinion) But hey whatever! This seems like a really complexed plot for a kids show!!!

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I agree, they should have dropped Ash. I just realized the reason why Misty's so mean to him, cus the twerp is stupid! I mean, who's NOT suppoused to want to kick his butt? XD He should have left the show.

*dies*

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    anyway....

Ali(mika_umbreon) said:
    Sorry to say this, but AAML it totally, 100%, DEAD. Misty has been kicked out. She even makes an appearance again, and leaves for the episode. All of your hopes are tarnished. Misty is gone. Forever. She is never coming back. At first the writers decided ash should have a girlfriend. So Misty was born. But then, the hints started getting weaker and weaker. Then, they started giving more and more palletshipping hints, centering the show on Ash and Gary. And then, Misty was kicked off the show to cover up thier mistake. They Just got so sick of the god****ed ***** and replaced her. Behold Ash's new Girlfriend, May. Well let's see how THIS turns out.

No swearing please. ~Kairi

Very confusing but why does Ash have to have a girl friend!? Its suppose to be about pokemon not some love show anyways ash's mine so may back away (hey a rymm)!

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Username said:
    Very confusing but why does Ash have to have a girl friend!? Its suppose to be about pokemon not some love show anyways ash's mine so may back away (hey a rymm)!
    Its how every frigging show goes XD The main character ALWAYS has to be paired up with the second main person =/ Gets boring after a while ><;;

*dies*

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I don't think so, not every show, and anyway some people and me from PC have come to the conclusion ash is tieher 10 - 14, abit young for a girl friend, and he's not intrested in Misty or May, lets face it the shows about pokemon & ash,not Misty or may there just his little minions!

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years
    Username said:
    I don't think so, not every show, and anyway some people and me from PC have come to the conclusion ash is tieher 10 - 14, abit young for a girl friend, and he's not intrested in Misty or May, lets face it the shows about pokemon & ash,not Misty or may there just his little minions!

WHAT!? *Runs after Username, while ranting*
    What a evil thing for you to say! :p

I have to say, i don't agree with you there. And Misty is definately not Ash's little minion. She's a strong and popular character.

IMO, i don't think at the age of 14 your two young to have a Girlfriend either.
    I'm a person who belives that love has no age, its a strong emotion that can be felt no matter what age you are. And i belive that Ash is 13.

Even though i have already posted my thoughts on this thread, i thought i'd be a bit more philsophical and say why i think AAML is most certainly not dead -

I am actually seeing Contestshipping (May and Shuu) rather then Advance shipping (I don't belive that it could happen at all, i loath the idea ><) to be the main shipping in Houen now. I think Misty could make a suprise appearance, although i also think that she may only come back after AG. Perhaps this long period of time has allowed Misty to think about her feelings for her friends (and Ash) and how much she has missed them. Because she has been kept in the dark for so long, maybe when she returns her character will have probably matured a lot more and we may be able to see some stronger hints because (IMO) all the characters have matured and grown older. This may mean that we will see a different side to Misty because Togepi/Togetic isn't around.

It also bothers me when certain people say that there's hints of May liking Ash. I think thats nothing but wishful thinking. I'm not trying to put down any Advanceshipper, but Misty and Ash have WAY more history together. Besides, Ash is atleast 3-4 years older then May. He has shown no interest in her, and lastly he's not only to compete in the Hoenn League, but also he seems to have taken the role of the older brother towards May. Nuff said. That's my opinion though.

The writers got rid of Togetic for a reason and have kept Misty in the dark for another reason. I think everyone knows that there is a very strong bond between Ash and Misty - whether it be very strong friendship or something deeper. But has anyone wondered why they haven't ever made much physical contact? Very rarely have we seen one of them grab the other's hand in an emergency or push them out of the way of danger. Physical contact is often one of the strongest forms of hints and perhaps Ash and Misty haven't made as much contact as would be expected despite their relationship could be because of several different reasons.

Firstly, many advanceshippers consider Ash grabbing May's hand in the Bulbasaur episode a hint but the last time we saw Ash grab Misty's hand was in Johto in that episode with the Slowpoke when Misty was only holding Togepi with one hand. Many of the strongest hints we have had involve some contact between the characters, blushing or obvious emotions.

Eg. In the First Movie, a lot of emphasis was put on Misty and Ash grabbing each other's hands underwater as the camera zoomed in on them. And when Ash was turned to stone, Misty was the only one who spoke and seemed the most depressed at losing Ash ^.~

I for one do not belive AAML is dead in the slightist. For all we know it could be stronger than ever, and right infront of our eyes. The writers i belive do know that shipping plays a huge part in anime, and so it keeps interest alive... if ash and misty were to get together soon, then all suspense would be lost and we would not have that much fun debating anymore. A goal is most treasured only when it has not been achieved yet ;)

As long as there are still supporters, Pokeshipping will never die. No one can stop us beliving in it, and i never will myself. I'm pretty confident about Misty's return and their relationship =D *runs out of thread, grinning to herself*

Last edited:

Megasupercoolcoolguy

Darkness Has Brought Calm
    Years
    does anyone else maybe think that maybe just maybe time runs differently in the pokemon world? i mean, its a completely different world to ours so you know, maybe a different system needs to be used to calculate age and time for pokemon.
    i want to work out a system if it is different...but i dont want to
    lol oxymoron

TRs Rockin

Antirocketshipper
    Years
    ugh.. like i said before... what a confusing plot for a kids show! Doesn't anywon agree to this???

I'm not sure about the time thing... do you mean like on digimon where like one minute in the real world is an hour in the digital world??? something like that? Ahh... but i'm a little lost as to where this is all going.

Anyway... I do think that May likes Ash... (one question... WHY???) But i don't think Ash shows any interest in her... which i can believe
    But like on the first episode with May... i think she showed a little crush on Ash (WHY???) But from then on i haven't seen much in her flirting with him anymore. I don't think there is anything there. I'll have to go fully on the Misty and Ash theory... and lets get this straight... THEORY!!!

Kitty17794

disney devoted. disney owned.
    Years
    TRsRockin, I love you! XD Clay Aiken ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKS. Booya for Claymates ;)

Back on topic. Just watched "Misty meets her match" and here's a shipping hint!

Rudy: You're a very lucky guy Ash
    Ash: Wha?
    Rudy: You'll see one day.

Years
    Yay, another long post. Thanks, ~*Silent Tattsu*~!!! (Oh, there were many more episodes where Ash and Misty actually had to get each other out of trouble physically)

Uh, that episode was there purely for the relationship between Ash and Misty (oh, and his second Orange League badge...) There was more evidence that I had expected crammed into that one episode. Also, two episodes before that, remember when Ash and his gang united a male and female Nidoran? Notice one of the last remarks in that episode Ash and Misty said: (quote remembered from top of head, it may not be exact)

Ash: Wow. Can a kiss really change someone that much?
    Misty: I guess we're going to find out someday.
    (Ash looks at Misty, but doesn't seem to catch what she said)

On the time issue, I do believe that time runs quite differently in the Pok?mon world and the real world. What makes me believe that is that nobody seems to get taller in any way. To find this out, I look at Jessie and James. I'm pretty sure that they're old enough to the point that they really can't grow any taller. And comparing them to Ash, Ash never got taller. Niether did Brock or Pikachu. Remember, the producers did say that Pok?mon is based on an ageless child's adventures.

pokeknight

Hyper Member
    Years
    NO! it's not true that aaml is dead!

ya! aaml isn't dead!
    I have always wanted M<isty in the show and Still many of pokefans do!
    [A proof of it's that there are thousands of aaml related sites in net!]
    If the writers will do so then they are going to pay for it![although they already have as the show viewers had declined in number!

Splat

Deleted
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2005
    [A proof of it's that there are thousands of aaml related sites in net!]
    You wanna check up on those numbers again?
    If the writers will do so then they are going to pay for it![although they already have as the show viewers had declined in number!
    Really, eh? A lot of Pokefans seem to think that Johto was quite a boring season, as do I. I stopped watching then, but I have recently started watching again. You gotta admit, with the cookie-cutter fillers and the fact that Misty wasn't nearly as lively as she was in Kanto and Orange Islands, it slugged. I think it's picked up again a lot, and May and Max are quite popular characters in Japan.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I didn't knew this thread still lived.. X.X; I heard once that once the whole episodes of Pokemon finish, Ash and Misty will get married in the future. x.x; That's what I heard, so I'm not saying I'm right or anything.

I honestly like the Ash/May pairing better, but then again it up to the producers. =/ Darn you, creators of pokemon that put two women together with one man!!!! >_<;

*dies*

Years
    this has nothing to do w/ this rumor, but was the only way to ask you since i 4got your name to pm you/find u, about why u publically talked about me behind my back in a thread deicated to me in a negative way... when i asked you to stop bashing ppl who were bashing other things i was jsut telling you "doing the same jsut as a way to tell the others to stop is jsut an excuse for you flaming/bashing others" anyways i am not too angry about what you said, just letting you know im wasnt being mean, just letting you know that what you were doing was hipocritical

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Kirby...stay on topic...your post could only be the cause for more trouble...and besides, by making this a public post for everone to read, you are being hypocritical as well. You could have just sent a PM...

Anyway, I don't think AAML is dead at all! Although I haven't seen much of the new season of Pokemon, how can he possibly forget about Misty at the drop of a hat? They spent an awful lot of time together, and I will never forget the episode (Orange Island season I believe?) when he went back to save her from the Magnemite herd. It was so kawaii!!

Besides, May is so different personality wise! Ash and Misty did fight an awful lot, but they had a lot of chemistry, and I think that Ash realizes how much she meant to him, encouraging him in her own way...

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    AAML is not dead. During Wishmaker Ash says to max something like: " A good friend left me once and I miss her every day. But I know deep down we'll always be together." Guess who he was talking about. :D

Splat

Deleted
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2005
    His Pokemon?

That wasn't in the original version at all.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    well it's there in english, and it's obvious it isn't his pokemon he's talking about. Besides, none of the pokemon he let go where girls.

Splat

Deleted
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2005
    Why the **** do the dubbers feel the need to keep adding Pokeshipping hints all the time? Half of them aren't even in the original, and others are taken out of context...plus some of the Japanese writers don't like the idea of Pokeshipping and prefer they had a brother-sister relationship.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back