• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AAML is dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Umm...

I really don't hope that would be the case with Ash and Misty. Then again, 4Kids might take things a little too far...

Whatever the case, since Japan IS keeping tabs on our version, I hope they better come up with something that won't screw-up the American version.

カスミ

Wo ai ni...
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 8, 2005
    *shrugs* I dunno...Japan might help 4kids with Satoshi x Kasumi, but in the end, I highly doubt it. I'll use Digimon as an example.

In the first season, Taichi and Sora were an item. They both loved each other a lot! But when 02 hit, Sora developed a thing for Yamato, and left Taichi. By the last episode, her and Yamato were married with two children!

But was this kept in the dub? No. The producers of the dub wanted Sora to be with Taichi. When they saw Yamato and her married, they simply left it out. A stupid and immature thing to do, but it made them and the Sora x Taichi fans happy. I have a feeling something like this will eventually happen with Satoshi x Kasumi.

Years
  • Hmm. I had a feeling that something would pop up like this. I know that Japan is quite capable of doing such a thing. For some wierd reason, some things that happen in Japan won't ever happen in America. It must be that America interpretated the future wrong, so therefore leaves out anything that really isn't explained. Sorry if I repeated what you said.

Hopefully, Japan won't do something like the 4th Pok?mon movie where America nearly had to change the entire plot just because of different beliefs. (that's what I've heard, anyways) We will see what happens between Ash and Misty. I do, however, agree that they won't get together at the end, if at all. *sob*

Personally, I see them entirely different than Satoshi and Kasumi from what I've heard about the two.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    AAML cannot die! Misty is going to come back for 2 episodes! And maybe after the Hoenn Saga because there is going to be a new place in the Pokemon world afeter Hoenn.
    *Fingers twitching* Can't wait any more!

カスミ

Wo ai ni...
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 8, 2005
    Well I guess we'll find out soon enough. This last hoso is the one to either break or make pokeshipping. So say your prayers people XD Maybe she'll choose Satoshi, maybe she'll choose Kenji. Heck, she may choose no one! Personally though, I think she'd go well with Kenji.

Years
  • Whoa... Tracey?

Um, is it just me, or does that evidence only appear in Pok?mon Housou?

Of course, I did see some evidence that Tracey liked Misty during the Orange Island series, but it really wasn't that strong. Besides, Tracey was probably the only other person that sorta guessed that Misty liked Ash during the Nidoran episode, (unless, of course, 4Kids made that translation) so I'd like to think that Tracey is smart enough to leave those two alone...

(yell if you must...)

カスミ

Wo ai ni...
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 8, 2005
    ...it will never die why? Give us some sort of reason people. o_o; I mean, no offense, but just saying "It'll never die!!!" is pretty pointless.

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
  • question

I'm a pokeshipper, and so yeah, put my name on that 'Sign here if you want Misty and Ash' thingy.

Of course, I did see some evidence that Tracey liked Misty during the Orange Island series, but it really wasn't that strong. Besides, Tracey was probably the only other person that sorta guessed that Misty liked Ash during the Nidoran episode, (unless, of course, 4Kids made that translation) so I'd like to think that Tracey is smart enough to leave those two alone...
    Nidoran episode? What happened there?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Well, there were 2 Nidoran that were in love, but their trainers were rivals and didn't allow them 2 get together. About the middle of the ep., Misty said that the trainers were in love but were to immature to admit it. Tracy said,"Y'kno, that's kinda like you and Ash."
    Misty and Ash blush and yell at him.
    At the end the 2 Nidoran 'kiss' and evolve.
    Ash: I wonder if people change when they get kissed?
    Misty: I guess we'll have to find out for ourselves.
    Ash: Yeah... wha?!?!

Years
  • Uh, actually, those two last lines happened in the episode with Temacu. The last two lines go like this:
    Ash: Can a kiss really change a person?
    Misty: I guess we'll have to find out ourselves someday...
    Ash: Huh? (he stares at Misty, but really didn't catch what she actually meant.)

カスミ

Wo ai ni...
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 8, 2005
    Uhh...you guys do realize that kissing thing was dub only, right? It never happened in the Japanese version. ~.~; *hits 4Kids for throwing in fake hints* Instead, Kasumi and Satoshi were just talking about maturity and stuff like that. No kissing.

Years
  • I realized many things, including what 4Kids has been doing for the past years. They've been emphasizing on AAML for quite a while. And from previous posts, it looks like AAML is not existant anymore in Japan, but like I said before, since Japan IS keeping tabs on the American version, Japan better make something up that won't confuse any Ash, Misty, or general Pok?mon fans.

Splat

Deleted
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2005
    4. Ash is not gay, that's rediculous. The show is supposed to appeal to a younger crowd, so naturally Ash has the prioritys of a younger person, which I believe does not include girls. PLus, having a Gay character would also conflict with it being a kids show since it would get into sexual issues.
    That's the funniest thing I ever heard. ^_^

Ben-san

Fire Master
    Years
  • Ok all here is something to think Why did they introduce may to represent the female character in R/S IDIOTS!

2. to the dope who said ash should be dropped 1. he's the main character 2. he still kicks gym leaders butts with most unevolved pokemon 3. YOUR AN IDIOT!

3. the reason Misty isn't there is to make room for Better comedy from May who is a lost cuase

Years
  • Uh... what???

R/S? Answer 2 before AND after answer 1??? (not to mention answer 3 twice in a row...) Please clarify this!

But what I can understand is the May as a comedian thing. Misty isn't there apparently since the producers think that she's been in the series too long, and must leave, if not for a little while, like Brock. Somebody told me that he wasn't supposed to come back, but I have my doubts about that. Hopefully, the producers have the answers in the future episodes and won't mess everyone's dreams up.

Personally, I think May is a welcome change in the show. Although I am a huge AAML fan, I think too much of a good thing can become bad. May, as well as Max, I think will demonstrate Ash's maturity growing as the show progresses. He already has shown plenty of it so far, and for that, that makes me happier at the fact that he's getting to the point where he EVENTUALLY figures out what romance is. Then...

Well, I'd better not jump to conclusions as the show could do anything...

But I'll keep my hopes up!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back