• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ability Discussion

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    your thinkin botu late game/ wi fi, which i couldnt care less about

im thinkin early game, like the first bug type in the region early.

plus its common snese to have this ability, you should really study your bugs.

...Why not just give the Pokemon decent stats so it doesn't need an ability like that to be a viable attacker? If you did that, it could even have a useful ability. It could be strong enough to actually be used in battle, and it would still have an ability to do something.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    ...Why not just give the Pokemon decent stats so it doesn't need an ability like that to be a viable attacker? If you did that, it could even have a useful ability. It could be strong enough to actually be used in battle, and it would still have an ability to do something.

cuz if you give a pokemon decent stats, everyone starts pissing & moaning thats it overused, or an uber, exc.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    cuz if you give a pokemon decent stats, everyone starts pissing & moaning thats it overused, or an uber, exc.
    I said decent. As in, it's strong enough to be used, but not overpowered. If someone actually called Ubers just decent, then they have no idea what they're talking about.

But, we're kinda getting off topic, so, I'd really rather not keep going back and forth... If you really want to continue it, PMs would be okay, but I'm kinda getting bored of this topic...

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I said decent. As in, it's strong enough to be used, but not overpowered. If someone actually called Ubers just decent, then they have no idea what they're talking about.

But, we're kinda getting off topic, so, I'd really rather not keep going back and forth... If you really want to continue it, PMs would be okay, but I'm kinda getting bored of this topic...

i was too lol

how bout this:
    hive-mind
    is works like telepathy but only for bugs ^_^ and gives their weaker moves a lil boost

Years
    I guess if you're particularly protective of your Bidoof... it helps... I don't know... I'm seeing it as more of a hinderance ability...

Oh, it IS a hindrance ability. Something to be given to really strong pokemon or really weak pokemon who become awesome when they evolve. That was the whole point. But that added bonus is that having the pokemon in your party is like a reverse repel. If you keep a level 2 pokemon with cower at the front of your party, you won't encounter any random battles.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    how about:

Toxin Absorb: when hit by a poisoned opponent the pokemon with this ability recovers 1/8th of there HP after damage is taken..

what ye think??

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Ability Modifications

Okay well my good buddy
    Ability Discussion

Gigiasu, the rock one has the ability "Sturdy" which prevents OHKO attacks like Fissure, well now it apparently prevents OHKOs( so it can't be taken down in one hit) meaning it will be the worst enemy of trainers, and the best friend of Nuzlockers. Now this drastic change got me to thinking, what other abilities will be changed? SPECULATE

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    hopefully Pickup will it needs to have another effect other than picking up items as you go...
    Well that new modification of sturdy just made it harder for a person to Ko a Golem with Sturdy...and a lot of other pokemon such as steelix, they are going to become deadlier indeed as most people take them down in one hit at least Golem with grass, and water moves...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...And time for this thread to be merged with the ability discussion thread!

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Gravitational Pull -- Makes any attacks you use against your opponent that involve slamming on them (Slam, Body Slam, so on) has a 50% rise in power.

:3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    ...And time for this thread to be merged with the ability discussion thread!
    This thread is about speculation though...oh wait never mind good call :)
    Well I also think that they might also enhance Shedinja's ability to resist sandstorms and hail... it's just sad when it get knocked out with those moves...

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    This thread is about speculation though...oh wait never mind good call :)
    Well I also think that they might also enhance Shedinja's ability to resist sandstorms and hail... it's just sad when it get knocked out with those moves...

yay for improved wonderguard!! yay!! id <3 that!!

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    If I throw an ice ball at you, then throw a rock at you, I am certain you will not notice a difference in pain.

ok guys that REALLY doesnt matter!!

but really wonderguard is not fine in this metagame sandstorms and hail are very prevalent and that prevents shedinja from functioning without weahter support so it can and should be improved

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    I think Wonder Guard is fine personally...... Shedinja isn't even a strong Pokemon who will never shine anyway.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    "Greenhouse"

• The User with this ability will have an interal stockpile of fire energy, which will increase the base power of a fire move by x1.25 each turn one is not used.

And that's off the top of my head! :3

(c) Weatherman, Kiyoshi

>:3

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I think Wonder Guard is fine personally...... Shedinja isn't even a strong Pokemon who will never shine anyway.

the reason they made shedinja weak is to balance wonderguard but i think they did a bit too good a job..

Back