• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ability Discussion

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    What if there was one called willpower, and when the Pokemon was at yellow health, it negated crits and no moves were supereffective against it.
    There should also be one called Reactor, if the Pokemon is hit by a super-effective move, the foe takes damage

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I think so too, if only it had evolution maybe they give it one in gen 6 ;)

even if its stats were equal to ninkasks i would be happy i mean its actually weaker than nincada!!

ok if it were up to me wonderguard would do what it does already plus negate weather damage i dunno about entry hazards though.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    What if there was one called willpower, and when the Pokemon was at yellow health, it negated crits and no moves were supereffective against it.
    There should also be one called Reactor, if the Pokemon is hit by a super-effective move, the foe takes damage

and willpower? getting rid of super effective hits? no thank you

Noltron200

Im not a robot.
    Years
    eh heh heh... I Didn't see this thread when I made a new one of the same idea.
    Might as well post in the correct place now, eh?

My ideas where the following:

photographic memory:
    •the pokemon has five move slots.

parrallel spirit:
    •only special moves can hit it.

err no it isnt a rip off of wonder guard.
    Frozen Aura:
    •pokemon may freeze in contact with this pokemon
    Long lived:
    pokemon with this ability can grow up to level 101.

Red Mustang

PC's Resident Cowgirl
    Years
    I think a Toxic Heal would be cool on 'mons like Muk and Weezing.

Otherwise I was thinking a Water ability where your water pokemon in battle heals 10% of it's health while in battle while surfing? IDK, lol.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    (For marsupial based Pokémon)

Large Pouch: Allows the Pokémon to hold and use two items.

If you are holding a Sitrus and Oran Berry, when it's time to use it you are given the option or you have to put them on the Pokémon in an order.

Years
    Pitch Black:

Dark type moves get 1.5x boost during night time.

Radiate:

Grass moves get 1.5x boost during the day

Cultivate: [for grass types]

restores HP when hit by water/ground moves, reduces HP when hit by fire moves

OR

Boosts attack/special attack by 2 stages when hit by ground/water moves, reduces def/sp.def by 2 stages when hit by fire moves

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Burn Restore: Restores 1/8th HP when burned instead of reducing it. Also ignores the Attack lowering side effect of the burn. (it's supposed to be the Burn counterpart to Poison Heal)

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Oversized: When the Pokemon is sent into battle, it shakes the ground causing Pokemon who can be affected by ground types to be damaged.

That would be good for a very large legendary Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    PoisonAbsorb: Restores HP if hit by a Poison-type Move.

EffectBounce: Secondary effects of moves will return to the foe.
    (For example: If the opposing Pokemon used Ice Punch, instead of freezing the recipent, the user will be frozen instead. Similar to Synchronize, however moves like Toxic, Stone Edge do NOT bounce the secondary effect back.)

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
    Years
    Glacier

When an ice Pokemon is hit with a water type move there defense goes up :P
    you know cause ice freezes water making a sort of coat of ice to protect it...

I don't got a good name for this one but when a ice Pokemon is in a hailstorm it could heal there hp
    (i kinda like ice pokemon O_O)

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Pitch Black:

Dark type moves get 1.5x boost during night time.

Radiate:

Grass moves get 1.5x boost during the day

Cultivate: [for grass types]

restores HP when hit by water/ground moves, reduces HP when hit by fire moves

OR

Boosts attack/special attack by 2 stages when hit by ground/water moves, reduces def/sp.def by 2 stages when hit by fire moves

That cultivate ability has too much of a drawback.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Modified Radiate:

Radiate:
    raises STAB moves' Base Attack by 1.25 in daytime or sunny weather, If both sunny and daytime, it also prevents stat reduction. Found only on Pokemon who have a strong connection to the sun, such as Groudon, Sunflora, or Solrock.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Not new abilities, but upgraded:

Normalize:
    Every Pokemon on the Battle Field will have their type and move change to Normal-type.

Lightning Rod:
    All Electric-type moves will be directed to the Pokemon with this ability (including partners in double/triple battle), also Electric-type moves will have no effect on this Pokemon.

Storm Drain:
    All Water-type moves will be directed to the Pokemon with this ability (including partners in double/triple battle), also Water-type moves will have no effect on this Pokemon.

Blaze:
    The lesser the HP of the Pokemon with this ability, the stronger their Fire-moves.

Torrent:
    The lesser the HP of the Pokemon with this ability, the stronger their Water-moves.

Swarm:
    The lesser the HP of the Pokemon with this ability, the stronger their Bug-moves.

Overgrowth:
    The lesser the HP of the Pokemon with this ability, the stronger their Grass-moves.

"New Abilities"

PhysicGuard:
    All Physical moves have no effect to this Pokemon. (Most Ghost-type Pokemon should have this, Ghosts are "untouchable" right? Bulky Steel-types will find this ability useful.)

Chiller:
    All Ice-type moves have 50% chance on freezing opponent.

Aimed Rock:
    Rock-Type moves will not miss with Pokemon having this ability, in exchange Rock-type moves base power will have reduce by 5%.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Armored Fortress: when the pokemon has less than half its hp, its sp defense and defense by 30%

and a new ability for kecleon
    color adaptation: this pokemons type becomes a type strong against the last move type that hit
    example: Dusknoir vs. Kecleon! Dusknoir uses ice punch! Kecleons type became Fire! Kecleon uses thief? Dusknoir uses Thunder punch!
    Kecleon becomes ground!

Shadow01192

RK9 Unit
    Years
    I would like to see a fire pokemon have an ability that makes it benefit from sun. I want an Intimidate for Special Attack. Maybe something like Brain Teaser: Lowers the foe's Special Attack stat.

Years
    I would like to see a fire pokemon have an ability that makes it benefit from sun. I want an Intimidate for Special Attack. Maybe something like Brain Teaser: Lowers the foe's Special Attack stat.

I think a specially-based intimidate would be a great, and probably the most likely, new ability we'd get in gen 5. it would certainly help keep certain pokes in check.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I can see it now "Beer Belly"--->Snorlax

"Immune to any psychical attacks"

Wait in a way that's a great one but to overpowered

Back