• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Abortion: What do you think?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I feel a mother should be allowed to do whatever she deems appropriate with her child up to the point at which it truly thinks for itself and can decide otherwise.

Many animals will reabsorb embryos and/or eat their young when threatened. It's like homosexuality, should be legal because it's natural. I don't see why humans should feel the need distance themselves from nature.

Note I am not willing to argue my position, merely expressing my beliefs for whatever personal consideration others may have, so don't expect much of a response if you wish to retort against my post.

Last edited:

Chrisbob78

SoulSilver
    Years
    "most of them are the choices made by the mothers to have a good time and not thinking of what those times may hold for them (i.e. a baby)." So the baby should suffer from the mothers stupid descion? What if she is not able to support this baby? And it is raised in a broken home?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Here in California, we're offically confused about abortion.

We say a fetus isn't a living human so abortion is OK, yet we charge people with double murder for killing a pregnant woman if he fetus dies as well.

When will we make up our minds?

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    I'm not really gonna get into it like you guys do, cause really there's n point in me pretending I'm an expert on this stuff.

I don't really have a clear cut opinion. But if I was in that situation, being the age I am now, I probably would have one. True, the mother shouldn't have been so foolish to not have used protection [with all the methods of contraception out there, there's really no excuse in my opinion [Except maybe it's part of some people's religion but I am not clear on those maters so don't shoot me!]]
    everybody's only human, and people make mistakes. As long as she doesn't keep doing it over and over again without taking protection into account like was said earlier

In instances of rape and incest I totally agree. To me, It would be more ignorant to let the child live than grow up being ashamed of who they are [if they even know who they are.]
    Then again, it's down to what the mother wants.

In my cold mind, something that has not lived outside the uterus does not know what it's missing. That may sound heartless but that's what I believe and I'm sorry if anyone disagrees with that.

That's all my thoughts anyway.

Cassino said:
    Note I am not willing to argue my position, merely expressing my beliefs for whatever personal consideration others may have, so don't expect much of a response if you wish to retort against my post.

Ditto.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Here in California, we're offically confused about abortion.

We say a fetus isn't a living human so abortion is OK, yet we charge people with double murder for killing a pregnant woman if he fetus dies as well.

When will we make up our minds?
    Well the only point there is that a mother who is carrying a fetus did not willingly give it up when she was murdered.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    A woman has all the rights to do anything to her body, be it on her body or in her body.

That's all I am going to say.
    Well that's not true. If anybody trys to commit suicide, and fail they will be arested. You are not allowed to kill your self, so why would you be allowed to kill your baby.

I believe that abortions are perfectly fine and that restrictions on abortions should be laxed. I do not believe that the lives of unborn babies have any value. Some people say I'm cruel for thinking that, but I honestly can't see how that's cruel. Without experiences or emotions or even feelings, what value is there to a life?
    A baby still feels pain. If you do a sonogram on a baby during an abortion you will see it trying to run away, or if it is devolved enough scream. Also it is going to developed feelings. Why not just have the baby, and give it to adoption. What ever happened to a baby is a blessing, and the merical of childbirth. Now babies are looked open as mistakes.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years

Well the only point there is that a mother who is carrying a fetus did not willingly give it up when she was murdered.
    I don't think that makes it any different. If you consider the foetus to be a human being in a murder case, it should be considered a human being in the case of an abortion. :/

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I am definitely pro-choice. I agree with the current law we have on abortion in the UK now. We did about a months worth of work on abortion in Philosophy & Ethics (fancy name for RE) quite recently, and I forget exactly what week it is, but I think it was either when the the baby can start kicking or can survive independently outside the womb, I can't remember which.
    I don't really think that a blob that looks more like a lizard than a human and has no brain, so therefore can obviously not feel or think can be considered a person.

Menasay

Mature Roleplayer
    Years
    Pro-Life

I'm sorry but if Abortion wasn't legal then women who got raped and such would have children and it wouldn't be their fault.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I think children should be abortable up to age 8...

Standard Pro-Choicer is standard...

I don't think that makes it any different. If you consider the foetus to be a human being in a murder case, it should be considered a human being in the case of an abortion. :/

I agree. There are other contradictions in California law but the one I stated is one that's relevant. Does anyone remember People v. Peterson? A man named Scott Peterson alledgedly murdered his pregnant wife and was charged with double murder (one count for his wife and a second count for the unborn child).

I also find it funny that the "Pro-Life" district attorney had Peterson sentenced to death.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I dislike people who go through abortion, but I don't hate them. The fetus (if I'm using my correct vocabulary) isn't developed, so thus, it is not technically a person, but technically, it is. You do take away a life, and in an extent, a whole lot more. I personally don't believe anything major would have happened if someone such as Jesus was aborted. He wasn't however, so who are we to judge? What I don't like about abortion is that generally, people who go through it are people (I think usually teens) who go through sex without some sort of protection. They shouldn't leave it to chance, and hope that an egg doesn't get fertilized. They should be ready to take the responsibility of a parent. Not take the easy way and go through abortion.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I dislike people who go through abortion, but I don't hate them. The fetus (if I'm using my correct vocabulary) isn't developed, so thus, it is not technically a person, but technically, it is. You do take away a life, and in an extent, a whole lot more. I personally don't believe anything major would have happened if someone such as Jesus was aborted. He wasn't however, so who are we to judge? What I don't like about abortion is that generally, people who go through it are people (I think usually teens) who go through sex without some sort of protection. They shouldn't leave it to chance, and hope that an egg doesn't get fertilized. They should be ready to take the responsibility of a parent. Not take the easy way and go through abortion.
    Yeah making the life altering choice to have an abortion is a great reason to dislike someone. As if their lives could get any crappier.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    I'm sorry but if Abortion wasn't legal then women who got raped and such would have children and it wouldn't be their fault.
    Ever herd of abortion. But if a women dose get raped, is it fair that the innocent baby dies? Also you are going to remember the rape rather it be with/ or with out killing the baby.

Years
    What I don't like about abortion is that generally, people who go through it are people (I think usually teens) who go through sex without some sort of protection. They shouldn't leave it to chance, and hope that an egg doesn't get fertilized. They should be ready to take the responsibility of a parent. Not take the easy way and go through abortion.
    So I'd assume you're for better education, ie., teaching kids about sex, reproduction, STIs, contraception, etc.

Does anyone else see hypocrisy when churches and politicians and people like that condemn abortion and the teaching sex ed in schools in the same breath? I bet you'd see fewer abortions among teens if sex ed classes were mandatory in school and they did away with the silly abstinence-only teaching which doesn't prepare teens for when they do have sex. I mean, face it, most are going to. They should know how to be safe about it.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    So I'd assume you're for better education, ie., teaching kids about sex, reproduction, STIs, contraception, etc.

Does anyone else see hypocrisy when churches and politicians and people like that condemn abortion and the teaching sex ed in schools in the same breath? I bet you'd see fewer abortions among teens if sex ed classes were mandatory in school and they did away with the silly abstinence-only teaching which doesn't prepare teens for when they do have sex. I mean, face it, most are going to. They should know how to be safe about it.

I'm all for sexual education but abstinence should be mentioned. It is after, the most effective method of not getting pregnant or getting an STI.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I feel like I've already replied to this thread, but I scrolled through and I didn't.

I'm pro-life unless:

- The mother's life is in danger
    - The baby is the result of rape or something else unwanted
    - The baby has chances of being born with a life-endangering or life-altering condition
    - The mother / family would be an unfit parent / parent figure
    - The woman is under the age of twenty-two (22)

^ In these scenarios, I'm pro-choice

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Abortion is O.K., as long as it isn't abused.

Aborting frequently due to unsafe sex = Wrong.

Aborting due to Rape, being unable to care for the child, health implications = Fine by me.

I'd even go as far as to say that in the event of protection failure (as condoms only have a 99% working rate) is O.K., atleast that person was using protection in the first place.

As for the people saying that a rape-child is still a living being and deserves to be given a chance, think of the mentality of the mother. Yes abortion can cause breakdowns if it's not wanted, but carrying a child who was made from an act of sexual violence is going to be slightly more scarring I'm going to assume. Not to mention raising the child, having a constant reminder of what happened, :\ can't be a pleasant feeling.

So yeah, abortion should be accepted but the procedure should not be abused.

Back