• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree (2.0)

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
    • He / Him
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    As a person with friends, I agree. Friendship is a thing that happens over time. Sure, some kids have easier experiences of interacting with other kids and start calling them "friends", but that doesn't mean they're actual friends, they're just strangers meeting in a friendly and, honestly, very cute manner. Plus, social interaction is scary

"I believe in you" is a dumb motivational phrase.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    It shouldn't be... Unfortunately it's rarely sincere.

"Keep hope" is a dumb motivational phrase.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I've never heard it expressed, so idk the exact context, but I assume it's in bad situations where you're supposed to persevere, like fighting a disease or something.
    I'm conflicted. I doubt that someone who's in a really bad spot would suddenly manage to keep or find hope better just because someone told them that.
    Yet... would it actually be better to have the negativity shoved into your face over and over and find out just how screwed you really are so you can lose all optimism?

The end doesn't justify the means.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    This is difficult because it goes into the topic of morality. And morality is very subjective and changes with the ideology. Heck, even nowadays people complain about the climate change activists who glue themselves onto the street and how this potentially causes harm while also completely ignoring the fact that trafic jams are very common in general and people could just figure out how to get to places with public transport and that a lot of problems are also structural problems that could have easily been avoided if the people who planned all of this actually tried.
    I guess when in doubt I'll have to disagree.

Double chocolate cookies are not better than the regular ones.
    "Keep hope" is a dumb motivational phrase.
    Spoiler:
    It definitely is lazy, that's for sure. You could also argue that people who say it usually don't know how to empathize with the person they're talking to. I think sometimes saying something can be more detrimental than saying nothing, tbh.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • I'm going to agree, but only because I like them equally, which still means double chocolate is not better.

Agree or disagree: You should never recycle passwords for multiple accounts.

Years
  • I agree, but yeah I see why people wouldn't do that. Someone could argue that you could simply save the credentials on the browser of choice, but I guess that the average user worried about changing password every time would probably be worried about giving the password to its browser too.

Dark chocolate is better than white chocolate

Years
  • I don't know if there's any medical basis to that, but I don't really eat fruit in actual fruit form aside from apples, and those are not red apples =P
    If I had to go solely on that it would be a Disagree because Golden Delicious are better than the red apples.

The old MacGyver TV show from 1985-1992 is more fun to watch than the 2016-2021 reboot.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I didn't even know there was a reboot. Not sure about quality. But nostalgia says agree.

Piracy is a good thing.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • Agree, we should care more about privacy on the Internet. As our lives become increasingly intertwined with the online world, the importance of protecting our personal information and maintaining privacy has grown significantly.

Artificial intelligence will have a more significant positive impact on society than negative consequences in the long run.

Years
  • I'm not psychic so I'm not gonna make predictions =P
    It's too soon to tell imo
    It's possible, but the opposite is also possible so I'll just Disagree for now.

You shouldn't use your opinion as an excuse to insult someone.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    • He / Him
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm assuming that what you're saying is that being a good person is the reward for being good, so, agree. It's common in many parts in the world for people to say that being good without expecting anything in return is the best thing to do, and I personally agree. Just doing things so that people owe you a favour is honestly kinda selfish. So, agree.

Comedy does, indeed, have limits.

We should care more about privacy on the Internet

Exactly, that's why THIS VIDEO IS SPONSORED BY NORD VPN!!! couldn't resist it lol

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Indeed, beware of the ban for making a sponsored post! Megan is readying her ban hammer!
    I don't know, I think humour shouldn't have limits in private circles, but in the public sphere, you should not make jokes that could hurt someone... But at the same time, I feel that, that someone should also have some tolerance to bad jokes and it's sad to be hurt by a joke (looks like a lack of maturity to me).
    I would agree.

Don't let your feelings guide you.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Disagree. Only following logic can indeed make some people feel very miserable.

Advertisements in videos take away some of the quality of the content, especially those who just read a generic script.
    Exactly, that's why THIS VIDEO IS SPONSORED BY NORD VPN!!! couldn't resist it lol
    What I really hate are those "Have you ever heart of <sponsor>" and my answer is always "Yes, and no, I still don't want it. Now shut up and get back to the actual video!". I also hate how all of them plaster their ads at the top of their video description and create a pinned comment for that, as well. <_<

Years
  • Agree and that's why I found myself to follow mainly people that either don't advertise at all or put the ad at the end or they sponsor but in a creative way. Or generally they might sponsor something that is related to their content, so that's pretty relevant lol.

Are you good at drawing?

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    • He / Him
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd say so, yeah, but I believe that you got confused and asked a question instead of a statement.

No matter what, you'll still hate the past version of yourself, at least a bit.

Years
  • I have quite literally never done the latter so I'm pretty much forced to Agree xD
    My own birthday is usually just direct relatives only as I have no irl friends

It is impossible to live life fully without making even a single regret.

Back