• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen All Pokemon Platin Sprites!!! (This time even the right ones XD)

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Is it just me, or did Ninetales get a new/largely updated sprite? It's weird, I can't see the reason for it, since according to Serebii, Ninetales isn't in Platinum's Sinnoh Dex, and I was under the impression that those were the only ones getting new sprites. It's a great sprite, I love it, I'm just confused as to which Pokemon got new sprites now, heh.

Years
    Is it just me, or did Ninetales get a new/largely updated sprite? It's weird, I can't see the reason for it, since according to Serebii, Ninetales isn't in Platinum's Sinnoh Dex, and I was under the impression that those were the only ones getting new sprites. It's a great sprite, I love it, I'm just confused as to which Pokemon got new sprites now, heh.

I noticed that Ninetales' Platinum sprite has its head more raised up than in Diamond and Pearl.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed with some of the new sprites. I've noticed that GameFreak used the second frame of the Pokemon for their main Platinum sprite. Golbat is good example of this. They just switched the order of the animation of Golbat when they "redid" its sprite.

Also, Tentacruel's Platinum sprite is mirrored from D/P. It seems that the only Pokemon that managed to get new sprites are the 4th generation Pokemon. Any other generation that appears in the Sinnoh Dex usually had their two frames swapped or mirrored like Golbat and Tentacruel.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The only pokemon to get the new sprites are the ones in the sinnoh dex.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Well, after looking through them a bit more, there are quite a few edits spread throughout all of the generations, Ninetales being one of the more noticeable ones, I'd say. And while I'd say Ninetales looks better, some of them were just recolored horribly, like Marill and Azumarill. And Octillery is dark red now? Some of them look really unprofessional, I don't know what they were thinking. A fair few of them are just darker in general, and it also seems like they've just taken out the lighting on some of them, which is weird.

Also, for the DP sprites, you've got the genders mixed up, "DP Backpics Female Normal" actually links to the normal male backpics, etc.

I'll stop nitpicking now :P

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Thanks for the sprites, you've done an amazing job with ripping them. I'd have to say that out of all the new sprites, Electivire is my favorite.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Gyarados looks a bit...crazier in this one.
    I like that, but his pose isn't really all that cool. >.<
    I still like his R/B sprite the best. =3

kay3o

B)
    Years
    wow I really like all of the new sprites, I think they've improved the ones that really needed it.

*^_^ can't wait*

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Would you mind if I used some of the sprites for an add-on for poccil's Pokémon Essentials (a starter kit for RPG Maker XP)? And should I give credit if I do so?

Also, I don't know how hard this will be to do, but is there any chance you could make the backgrounds transparent, like you did for the "Other Sprites"?

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Awwwwww.. *.*

Eevee, Vaporeon, Flareon, Umbreon, Leafeon and Glaceon are all.. super-cute, on a whole new level! ^^ I really love the reworked Glaceon sprite, especially; I might have to find an animated version and have it in my signature for symbolic purposes.... hehe. ^^

Thanks for the compilation of sprites, Mastermind_X; I'd only seen a few of the reworked ones, but thanks to you, I got to see them all. ^^

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
    Years
    Would you mind if I used some of the sprites for an add-on for poccil's Pokémon Essentials (a starter kit for RPG Maker XP)? And should I give credit if I do so?

Also, I don't know how hard this will be to do, but is there any chance you could make the backgrounds transparent, like you did for the "Other Sprites"?

Consider it done. =D

Concerning the RPG Maker thingy, I ask you to wait a couple of days. Then you're free to use them as you like it... With a credit of course...

And don't forget. They're all (C) by Nintendo. ^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Just like to inform you that the Pokémon with set genders didn't get a transparent background :(

Back