• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alola Forms

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I think the Alola forms look very nice, but I wish they had named them Delta forms, just like Pokemon Insurgence.

That said, I hope they give Alola forms to Pokemon like Raichu, Parasect, Persian, Golduck, Jynx, Jumpluff, Mantine, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Musharna, Gigalith, Golurk, and Druddigon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I like that Gamefreak is stepping out of their comfort zone. I'm super happy(can't wait to add that vulpix to my team). Too bad it took 20 years to do it XD. Oh well, I'm glad we got it sooner.

Years
  • Not sure how I feel about Exeggutor, but I am in love with the Alola!Ninetales and Alola!Sandshrew combos. They're so pretty!

I'm hoping they do a bunch of these for each island.

Years
  • I love ice/fairy Ninetails! Some concepts I would like to see:

Grass/Fairy Milotic - Serperior's Queen with floral scales
    Flying/Fire Rapidash - Flaming Pegusus...need I say more?
    Rock/Bug Vespiquen - Gold crown and armor encrusted with jewels.
    Ghost/Fire Gourgeist - Jackolatern with orange hair with fried ends.
    Steel/Bug Leavanny - Silver Filigree cloak resembling ornate leaves.

Years
  • I seriously almost lost it over the Exeggutor, since...that's so ridiculous, ah ha.

Was definitely not expecting them to use the ice type, of all things! But I don't mind. And it makes Ninetales look absolutely beautiful. I mean, I'm not even the biggest Ninetales fan normally, and yet I think its new form is wonderful.

Give me more of these. :D

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Maybe there may be an Alola Flygon since GF original wanted a mega Flygon but couldn't make a satisfying design in time. ?

BUT ICE NINETALES UGH ITS TOO BEAUTIFUL.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • I love ice/fairy Ninetails! Some concepts I would like to see:

Grass/Fairy Milotic - Serperior's Queen with floral scales
    Flying/Fire Rapidash - Flaming Pegusus...need I say more?
    Rock/Bug Vespiquen - Gold crown and armor encrusted with jewels.
    Ghost/Fire Gourgeist - Jackolatern with orange hair with fried ends.
    Steel/Bug Leavanny - Silver Filigree cloak resembling ornate leaves.

This.
    These are all AMAZING. I want them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    The Ninetales/Vulpix look nice, Exeggutor looks funny. I just hope there is a way to keep Ninetales with Drought ability and its regular fire type too, as in I hope there is an option to have it like that without it being a transfer only type thing or make it so the Allola forms only appear in certain conditions.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, I can definitely see more of these being a thing. Apparently Kiawe who is one of them Island Trial Captains owns a Marowak which is leading people to believe we will be seeing a Fire-type Alolan Marowak. That sounds something that could look awesome imo!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    There's quite a lot of things that come up mechanic-wise with these new forms.

First, how will breeding work? I feel like we may be able to breed interesting egg moves onto each of these Pokemon that they never would've had access to before. Also, as for breeding itself, will all Vulpix hatched in Alola be Alola Vulpix? Or will it depend on whether it's parent is Alola/non-Alola. Additionally, the same goes evolution-wise. We don't know yet if there is going to be an Alola Exeggcute, but if there isn't, will all Exeggcute that evolve in Alola be Alola Exeggutor?

One thing that I really hope does not happen is the ability to switch these forms back and forth. For me, something like that would completely go against the story for how the forms came about.

As for other Pokemon that I'm looking forward to having an Alola version: the first that comes to mind is Tropius, as well as other tropical-ish Pokemon (Bellossom, Milotic, Kecleon, Natu/Xatu, Corsola, Numel/Camerupt, etc.).

Overall, I'm really excited to see where this new feature takes us. Not to mention the fact that I have a reason to use Exeggutor on my team now.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING
    but I just got a great idea.

So the theory correlating to the Mega Evolutions in SM being applied to Alola Forms instead.
    The theory for SM Megas were : All that have been showcased in the SM trailers that don't have a mega & are fully-evolved and are not Gen 7 Pokémon are going to be having a Mega-Evolution.
    So Pokémon lines like Flygon, Miltoic, Fearow, Dragonite, Pangoro, Eevee, & Krookodile (+ etc.) might be getting Alola forms.

Kinda out there since Mega-Moves are the "New Mega" and Alola Pokémon most likely have the same stats but, Alola Pokémon have different typing (and that's pretty useful considering Pangoro's typing lmao.)

Years
  • This really takes me by surprise, but I am pleasantly surprised. If this is done well, that is, if we can still be able to have the normal versions of Pokemon somehow, then I'll be pleased all around however it turns out they go about it.

I might actually want an Exeggutor now. That thing is hilarious looking.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I'm in love with this concept! I think it's pretty clear by now that Game Freak has phased out the trend of adding new evolutions/pre-evolutions, so I'm glad we've got something new (besides Megas) to make old Pokemon interesting again. These forms will certainly coexist with the original variants, but I do wonder how breeding will work. Maybe the mother will simply pass down her form as well as her species? Exeggutor might be a strange case, too - will there be an Alola Exeggcute? Or will all (regular) Exeggcutes that evolve in Sun and Moon evolve into Alola form Exeggutor?
    Kinda out there since Mega-Moves are the "New Mega" and Alola Pokémon most likely have the same stats but, Alola Pokémon have different typing (and that's pretty useful considering Pangoro's typing lmao.)
    Actually, the official [description] for Alola Sandshrew says it's slower than ordinary Sandshrew. It likely has a lower Speed stat - probably with a higher Defense stat to compensate, based on the description.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    So if you trade a Ninetales from X/Y over to Sun and Moon will it change form? Or will trading be the only way to get the original versions similar to Sawsbuck seasonal forms in X/Y.

If they do change then they would change back once you put them back into bank.

In terms of design, Exeggcutor looks cool. Almost wish it was a mega version of it.
    Ninetales I'm on the fence, it looks alright but I do prefer the original design to it. I wonder what the shiny versions of these will look like.

Years
  • I like how it makes these forms seem integrated with the new regions. I wonder if this supports a Pangea-like geographical history. I will take these regional formes over megas any day.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • Alolan Sandshrew and Sandslash are the bomb. Gotta love those designs and the fact they're re-re-appearing, no?

That said, they've got a serious misnomer. They've both still got "sand" in their name, and there's nothing sandy about them at all. How about: Sleetslash? Snowshrew?

Aw, this Shrew can't curl up anymore. That's sad. Oh well. It can go ice curling instead! The world's cutest curling stone. :3

I'm seeing some adorable Alolan Sandshrew fanart around, too!
    4vcmIzat.jpg
    3RZugaFt.png

Click here and here!

But man, we have to hope they buff Ice type this gen. It would stink if the Sandshrew line sucked yet again. It's strange how they consistently make ice types late game even though they suck. Like almost unanimously. It's probably the most baffling thing gamefreak consistently does. Defensively, Ice stinks, and the overwhelming majority of new ice types are inexplicably defensive. Including the Sandshrew line. A type chart shake-up could actually make the dozens of defensive ice types they keep making usable.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING
    but I just got a great idea.

So the theory correlating to the Mega Evolutions in SM being applied to Alola Forms instead.
    The theory for SM Megas were : All that have been showcased in the SM trailers that don't have a mega & are fully-evolved and are not Gen 7 Pokémon are going to be having a Mega-Evolution.
    So Pokémon lines like Flygon, Miltoic, Fearow, Dragonite, Pangoro, Eevee, & Krookodile (+ etc.) might be getting Alola forms.

If the Eeveelutions get Alolan forms then we might be done with Eeveelutions, if they're mono type that is.
    Vaporeon could be Flying. Flareon fighting. Sylveon could be Flying if it's not Vaporeon as Sylphs are air fairies.

I wonder why Exeggcute wasn't shown...does it still look the same in Alola unlike Vulpix, and Sandshrew?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • If the Eeveelutions get Alolan forms then we might be done with Eeveelutions, if they're mono type that is.
    Vaporeon could be Flying. Flareon fighting. Sylveon could be Flying if it's not Vaporeon as Sylphs are air fairies.

I wonder why Exeggcute wasn't shown...does it still look the same in Alola unlike Vulpix, and Sandshrew?

Exeggcute remains the same. It was shown in the Japanese trailer. Only Exeggutor is effected.

Not sure I like the idea of the Alolan forms of Eeveelutions. There are still a few that don't have an environment that needs one. Mainly Desert and Caves.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm thinking now that Alola won't introduce a lot of new Pokemon. Likely the Alola forms will cover for the deficit.

Hmm, if Yungoos isn't from Alola, then I wonder if Yungoos as we know it might be the Alolan form of the Yungoos was was brought into Alola originally.

Back