• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alola Forms

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • Alola Forms

jesus I can't stop laughing since Vulpix was the one retyping sprites I ever did in my childhood xD I thought it was never going to come true, but now my 15 year old self will be really happy.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • smocks said:
    So the theory correlating to the Mega Evolutions in SM being applied to Alola Forms instead.
    The theory for SM Megas were : All that have been showcased in the SM trailers that don't have a mega & are fully-evolved and are not Gen 7 Pokémon are going to be having a Mega-Evolution.
    So Pokémon lines like Flygon, Miltoic, Fearow, Dragonite, Pangoro, Eevee, & Krookodile (+ etc.) might be getting Alola forms.

Here's the full list of old pokemon shown in the trailers. Might've missed some though.

Spoiler:

I don't think any of these guys except maybe Zubat would get a new form, and I could see him being Poison/Dark or Dark/Flying.

Spoiler: In the newest trailer
    Dragonite
    Bagon
    Salamence
    Fearow
    Delibird
    Masquerain
    Nosepass

Dragonite could become the more majestic Water/Dragon, Ice/Dragon, or Water/Ice type we always wanted. It's prior forms would also be easy to fit to the water and/or ice type.

Salamence I'm not sure of. Salamence already has a Mega, so I can't really see it getting an Alolan form. If it did, maybe Fire/Dragon cause of the volcanoes?

Fearow should get an Alolan form, because Pidgeot got something cool, so why not? I'm thinking Fire/Flying or Grass/Flying.

Delibird
    would be kind of an odd choice, but it could be based on the Hawaiian form of Christmas, Makahiki, where wars were forbidden. Something like Grass/Flying would work.

Masquerain
    is something I could see getting a new form. Fairy/Water,with a more delicate (and more watery) look. Surskit could be pure Water instead of part Bug, and with a more Fairyish look to it.

Nosepass
    really doesn't deserve a new form. If it did though, maybe Steel and then Steel/??? for Probobass?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I certainly wasn't expecting to see this, but I totally love the concept. Super excited for it.

And for some reason I'm in love with the Alolan Exeggutor.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • Pokemon Variations confirmed!

I seriously wasn't expecting this at all, so this was quite the surprise. Alola Vulpix and Ninetales are my favorite ones. They're just so pretty! Hoping there will be more added to the game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As hilarious as Alola Exeggutor is, it's a nice shout out to old art for the Jungle expansion in the card game:

Spoiler:

While I like the designs of Alola Sandshrew/Sandslash, the new type combo is just bad. 4x weaknesses to Fire and Fighting are asking for trouble.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • I like the idea of this so much but it's so frustrating to me that all of the ones revealed are from Kanto. I mean, after Pokémon Go I'm kind of sick of having the first generation being given such importance and the later generations being treated as if they don't matter at all. I really, really hope Sun and Moon don't have the same idea, but I really worry that they do.

Not everything after Kanto sucked, guys.

Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 17, 2021
    Reminds me of the old Delta Species Pokemon from the card game. I definitely didn't expect this to be a feature but I'm definitely psyched for it. The Sandshrew is my favorite. It has an igloo on it's head!

Also, I'm going to predict that Sandshrew-A is a Sun exclusive and Vulpix-A is a Moon exclusive.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Just you wait.

I'm willing to bet Real, Legitimate™ Currency that Pikachu will get an Alola Form but through some "unexplained genetic restructuring" the Alola Form Pikachu cannot evolve.

Mark my words. It will happen.

I like the idea of this so much but it's so frustrating to me that all of the ones revealed are from Kanto. I mean, after Pokémon Go I'm kind of sick of having the first generation being given such importance and the later generations being treated as if they don't matter at all. I really, really hope Sun and Moon don't have the same idea, but I really worry that they do.

Not everything after Kanto sucked, guys.
    I genuinely want to thank you for this. It's truly refreshing to meet someone who feels the same way.

After XY's gen 1 pandering, the VC release of only the gen 1 games (and not gen 2's), and Pokémon Go, it's more frustrating than usual to have to deal with all the blatant disregard for anything outside of gen 1.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'm still not done fangirling over Vulpix/Ninetales. They've taken two of my favorite Pokemon and added my two favorite types. I can already tell I'll definitely be using one. Though, this makes me wonder if the hidden ability will be along the lines of Snow Warning since it originally got Drought.

None the less, I'm super excited for these games even more. I can't wait!

Edit:

Alolan Ninetales live on a snowy peak that is revered in the Alola region as a holy mountain. They are treated as sacred emissaries, and people meet them with awe and fear. This Pokémon's personality is extremely gentle, and at times it has helped humans who seem to be in distress. However, it shows no mercy at all to anyone or anything that dares to damage its territory!

The Alolan Ninetales is able to produce ice crystals from the fur that covers its body. It can use these ice crystals to block attacks, or it can form balls of ice with them, which it fires like bullets at opponents. The power of these ice missiles is great enough to pulverize rock!

This sounds really interesting.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • "Kiawe is a captain whose expertise is in Fire-type Pokémon. Together with his Marowak, he studies the traditional dances that have been passed down in the Alola region."

I mean, uh... I'm not saying there's gonna be an Alola form Marowak, but, um...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I am absolutely dying at how adorable the Alolan Sandshrew is and how amazing the Alolan Sandslash looks. In general I think it's a cool concept to have new formes of these Pokémon based on their migration patterns but it's a bit odd to me that such drastic changes are happening with them - I can understand Sandshrew becoming an Ice-type due to the climate it's adapting to but how is it suddenly able to produce metal plates onto its body using the same DNA as Sandshrew? It's not a big problem and doesn't stop me liking them but I feel like the changes may be a little too extreme in some cases to feel like it's just a migrated version of the Pokémon rather than an entirely new species. Ninetales as well bugs me - why could the current Ninetales not have an interesting second typing like the new version does? Again, I do really like these new formes but they feel a little sloppy haha.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    Anyone believe that the Alola forms will have the exact same stat spreads as their regular forms?

They may stay the same, they may get distributed differently and stay the same total, the Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash's description on the Pokemon website says it is slower than a normal Sandshrew, also says something like excels defensively. Something along the same lines is mentioned in Sandslash's description.

I don't think they will all remain the same. Alolan Exeggutor uses a physical move, in the trailer not that means anything but regular Exeggutor has much better special attack than physical but it was more likely shown to that it learns different moves.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    "Kiawe is a captain whose expertise is in Fire-type Pokémon. Together with his Marowak, he studies the traditional dances that have been passed down in the Alola region."

I mean, uh... I'm not saying there's gonna be an Alola form Marowak, but, um...
    Here lies Ground/Ghost Parental Bond Mega Marowak
    2013 - 2016
    It was fun while it lasted.

Years
  • Ultan has a point with the description of Sandshrew and Sandslash becoming slower with these new forms, which could imply the Alola Forms may have different stat spreads than their normal counterparts.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think giving Ninetales an icy look is one of the best improvements it could get. It looks so majestic and I just love how both Vulpix and Ninetales look in battle!

Back