• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alola Forms

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • It was already know Exeggecute didn't have an Alolan form. I think right now only some full lines have Alolan Forms.

I doubt Pichu/Pikachu/Cubone/Exeggcute will get one. But I am almost 100% sure that Persain will because Meowth has to evolve.

As for what I am expecting.

Hypno: Poison
    Jynx: Fairy/Dark or Fairy/Psychic
    Ratatta and Raticate: Dark
    Persain: Dark
    Butterfree: Fairy/Bug or Bug/Psychic
    Growlithe and Arcanine: Water
    Seal and Dewgong: Dark/Ice
    Kingler: Fire/Dark or Fire
    Dratinir: Fairy
    Dragonai and Dragonite: Fairy/Dragon
    Noctowl: Flying/Psychic or Dark/Psychic
    Sentret and Furret: Fairy, Ice, or Water
    Bellessom: Grass/Fairy
    Vileplume: Grass/Dark
    Dunsparce: Fairy
    Stantler: Psychic/Dark

Would list some form all Gens, but that would take a lot of time.

Last edited:

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Sorry, I'm too lazy to read through all 7 pages of this forum.

Have we come to a hypothesis on whether original and alolian? formes will be available? Or will we just catch Alolian formes and need pokebank to get originals?
    Do you think they'll have a separation in the pokedex?

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • No one really knows whether original forms would still be achievable in this region, really. I don't think it'll be so drastic as to require Pokebank to transfer Pokemon, because that'll be a major pain in the neck, but eh. At this point, even though we've been given more and more Alola forms, no actual information was revealed on how it's attained. So your best bet is to sit tight and wait for more news. D:

Fair enough, I used pokebank all the time so needing it isn't a personal issue, but I can see why it could be problem for some people.
    Guess ill keep on waiting. Nov 18 is just so far away :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It's nice to see Raichu finally get some love after playing second fiddle to Pikachu for 20 years. Electric/Psychic is a decent offensive combo alongside Focus Blast. Surge Surfer makes it a nice partner to Tapu Koko in doubles.

Alola Marowak is certainly interesting; it finally has a practical use of Lightning Rod. Even if it can't benefit from the Special Attack boost in the final product, the Electric immunity is useful.

Alola Meowth, I'm indifferent on, since it's essentially a retyped ordinary Meowth (its abilities didn't change).

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think these forms are an awesome idea. Even if there are people who don't like the new Pokemon they can still have a new experience playing with old favorites. I really like all the new forms so much!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Oh, yes. I'm having the same feeling with Alola Meowth as I did with Sneasel. It's cute and cool!

Alola Raichu is...something. Is it surfing on its own tail? I don't like its ability, but it's cool!

Alola Marowak looks bizarre. It reminds me of one of those creatures from Yokai Watch. Nonetheless cool.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Oh yeah, something I just though of, do we know whether or not stat changes come with the Alolan forms too or is it just typings and abilities (and looks) that are getting changed?

Years
  • You know, I would like to see some Alola form where a Pokemon is "normalized", that is, having one of their types removed and replaced with a Normal-type. Like, imagine a Geodude line that's Normal/Ground. You would strip away some of the outer rock layers to show what kind of Pokemon is underneath all of that.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • Alola Raichu is...something. Is it surfing on its own tail? I don't like its ability, but it's cool!
    As a Psychic, Alolan Raichu can levitate, and it brings its lightning-bolt tail underneath its feet when it does so, like a surfboard - surfing on nothing but air.
    Alola Meowth, I'm indifferent on, since it's essentially a retyped ordinary Meowth (its abilities didn't change).
    I agree. I'll admit Meowth looks kind of neat in this design, but we already have one and a half dark type cats that have already pulled off the look better than Alolan Meowth does, so it seems wildly redundant.
    You know, I would like to see some Alola form where a Pokemon is "normalized", that is, having one of their types removed and replaced with a Normal-type. Like, imagine a Geodude line that's Normal/Ground. You would strip away some of the outer rock layers to show what kind of Pokemon is underneath all of that.
    What a nifty idea!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    You know, I would like to see some Alola form where a Pokemon is "normalized", that is, having one of their types removed and replaced with a Normal-type. Like, imagine a Geodude line that's Normal/Ground. You would strip away some of the outer rock layers to show what kind of Pokemon is underneath all of that.

That's a cool idea, but can't see GF doing it :( It looks like they are trying to use some of the rarer types.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Where are the dark electric type forms.. or dark fairy.. or fighting fairy... or electric ice

I really like some of the new forms, but I am not sure I like the concept just yet. Having region forms changing type instead of having alternate evolutions makes some pokemon's specialization in alternative type evolutions seem... less special... (Eevee).

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Is it possible legendaries will get alola forms since it happened with megas? Mewtwo for ex. I'm thinking about Celebi as grass/fairy.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    This is a Fan Art:

Cp2ey_2WAAAO619.jpg

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • Back