• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Alternate MEGA CHARIZARD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Game Freak must've really payed attention to Charizard's underrated status in competitive battles, so they gave him not one but two benefitial Mega Evolutions for each player's style. Congrats, but I'm still waiting for that Mega Pikachu which I know you're going to promote via Ash's Pikachu.

Ah, but remember - mega pokes switch in as their regular forms. So X form is actually still Stealth Rock weak. But no worry about Spikes, and does need to worry about EQ.

Not unless you send out Charizard first and switch him back after activating his Mega Evolution.

Years
    Mega Charizard X and Y seem to draw a couple of influences from Zekrom and Reshiram to me, wise of design. The arm design on Mega Charizard Y sorta resembles the "flames" on Reshiram's arm, where Charizard is coloured quite similarly to Zekrom.

Pretty different otherwise, but there's something for the table.

Yeah, and it even shares Reshiram's type combination so I see even more ties to those two. Zekrom's color scheme and Reshiram's typing. Very interesting theory you have there I gotta say.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Well now I'm definitely getting both. (I honestly hope people realize you can do that. You're not forced to pick on version.) Mega Charizard X is really freaking boss looking! Plus the fact it's Fire/Dragon makes it even cooler than it's Y form. Digging the increase of Attack too. I'm thinking Blatoise and Venusaur are getting X versions and so will all Pokemon with Mega Evolutions. It just adds up too well.
    some one streaming the game got bulbasaur and the stone had neither x or y at the end of the name so no i dont think they are.

Typhon

'sup
    Years
    I see that it gains Dragon typing. If the others do get X mega evolutions, they will probably get like an... OP type. Kinda obvious. This kinda made Mega Charizard Y look crap. They have to give Blastoise Water/Steel!

Years
    some one streaming the game got bulbasaur and the stone had neither x or y at the end of the name so no i dont think they are.

I knew they'd have favoritism towards Charizard here, quite disappointing that Blastoise and Venusaur won't get an alternate Mega Evolution though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    i also think the fact that before they revealed the second mega evo it said on mega charizard's info that it mega evolves by a yet unrelevealed stone and neither of the other 2 kanto say that means they probably dont have an alternate mega form

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    This thing baffles me. I think the idea of version exclusive mega evolutions is more of a annoyance than anything else, and while I didn't mind Mega Mewtwo X and Y, I think having charizard get another mega evolution is just overkill.

I liked the original Mega Charizard more and I dislike how the colour of the new mega evo is completely different as It doesn't look like a natural progression.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    This thing baffles me. I think the idea of version exclusive mega evolutions is more of a annoyance than anything else, and while I didn't mind Mega Mewtwo X and Y, I think having charizard get another mega evolution is just overkill.

I liked the original Mega Charizard more and I dislike how the colour of the new mega evo is completely different as It doesn't look like a natural progression.
    i think the colour change is to reflect his dragon typing and the blue flames are meant to be hotter

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Gains point for remaining chubby (Charizard is fat and should stay fat!)

Loses loads of points for the obnoxious blue flames that never run out on its mouth, the ****** 3D model and having random ass spikes.

Chardx is better than Chardy just for retaining the chubbiness, BUT Team Venusaur is still the best.

Well now I'm definitely getting both. (I honestly hope people realize you can do that. You're not forced to pick on version.)
    You need to remember not everyone can afford both versions and/or finds it OK to waste money just for a few differences. Luckily I've a few friends who'd be willing to trade...

EDIT: Wait, Zard is only 5'7''? Why the hell am I taller than him?

EDIT2: DAT X bias tho. Still on team Y.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years

Doesn't really confirm to me that they won't have one just gonna wait to the info is officially revealed. (Wouldn't mind picture or videos for proof) It just makes no sense for them to give the other two the short end of the stick. Oh well, I'll have to wait to see I guess.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Game Freak are pretty biased about Charizard so I bet he's getting special treatment lol. Also betcha not all starters will get a mega.

They seem to be pandering on fan service a bit too much with these megas, if you ask me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Doesn't really confirm to me that they won't have one just gonna wait to the info is officially revealed. (Wouldn't mind picture or videos for proof) It just makes no sense for them to give the other two the short end of the stick. Oh well, I'll have to wait to see I guess.
    well it sort of does confirm no version exclusives or you get venusaurite venusaurite x and venusaurite y, and the same for blastoise i really dont think they'd do that. edit : i tried seeing if he had ended the stream so i could look through the vod and give you the time stamp to check it out but its still live

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    well it sort of does confirm no version exclusives or you get venusaurite venusaurite x and venusaurite y, and the same for blastoise i really dont think they'd do that. edit : i tried seeing if he had ended the stream so i could look through the vod and give you the time stamp to check it out but its still live

Why would they give you three Mega Stones for a Pokemon with only two Mega Evolutions though? Charizard and Mewtwo only have one for X's form and one for their Y form.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Why would they give you three Mega Stones for a Pokemon with only two Mega Evolutions though? Charizard and Mewtwo only have one for X's form and one for their Y form.
    thats my point so the fact he had venusaurite not venusaurite x or y pretty much proves it doesnt get version exclusive mega evo's

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Anyone willing to do an avatar bet on whether or not Charizard will be the only starter with two mega evolutions?

No?

No fun.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    Not sure which one I like more. They're both pretty sweat.

I hope this game has a good amount of non mega pokemon too. With the leakers not posting many new pokemon, I'm hopping the designers didn't fill up their quota with megas

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Mega stones are held items? wonder if they can be traded?
    This is actually a big question here as it hasn't been confirmed that we could trade the items.

For all we know Game Freak might take the exclusivity a bit too seriously for this one.

EDIT: I'm serious about the avatar bet, by the way. PM me if interested.

Back