• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Alternate MEGA CHARIZARD

Years
    "The standard selection process for Pokémon to be Mega-Evolvable is based on three points: visual looks, popularity and game balance."

I wouldn't be surprised if Charizard were the only Kanto starter to receive two MegaEvolutions by popularity, but I think giving all three of them evolutions would fit the genetics better. I wouldn't mind either way though.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Is that selection process official or is it just purely speculation?

Because it sure as hell isn't helping in the "balance" department.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    the exp share being a key item you turn on could be useful if lucky eggs are in the game as you may be able to give the pokemon you wanna level the lucky egg and have it sit back and get 1.5 times(assuming it stays the same if it is in the game) the exp it would normally get from the exp share

so if it works it would get 75% instead of the usual 50%

Last edited:
    Years
    Is that selection process official or is it just purely speculation?

Because it sure as hell isn't helping in the "balance" department.

I can't link yet, but apparently it was quoted from an interview which mentioned a few of the mechanics like Levitate/Flying Sky Battles and the Exp. Share change a few week(s) back. I found the quotes on Bulbapedia so it may not be 100% legit, but there's also:

"The power-up of Mega-Evolved Pokemon is meant to elevate them to the class of legendary Pokémon, hence the restriction of only one Pokémon being allowed to hold a Mega Stone during battles."

Which would somewhat explain the throw on balance because I was skeptical on that MegaGarchomp too.

EDIT: Oh then again, there is MegaMewtwo.

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm so glad I've been planning to buy X all this time. Mega Mewtwo X and Charizard X are so much better than the Y versions.

This is the last information I can give myself, I don't want the game spoiled by the leaked copies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I love that Char-X is black, now I don't need to hunt Shinys.

BAD THING- I bread a Special Sweeper Charizard for the Y Mega, but I'm Buying X!!!!
    (now I have to breed a Physical Sweeper)

I'm hoping the THIRD Version will have all Megas on one cart.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mega Charizard X doesn't look too bad, but I wonder why they've decided to switch up its color to black and blue? I, personally, would've liked it better if they had stuck with its original color scheme—orange and khaki. d:

Mega Charizard X is getting a major boost in its Attack stat, so there's a big possibility that it may end up getting a decrease in some of its other stats. Charizard X seems to be a little heavier than its original form, so I'm expecting its Speed stat to get a reduction. Its Special Attack might get decreased, too. Also, since Charizard's gotten two Mega forms, I think they should give a secondary MegaEvolution to Venasaur and Blastoise as well. If they don't, then that would be a little unfair, in my opinion.

Years
    Expect more version specific megas. The cat's out of the bag now.

It's finally Fire/Dragon. Thank the gods. I still prefer Y to X, though, design wise, but that ability is awesome.

Years
    Expect more version specific megas. The cat's out of the bag now.

It's finally Fire/Dragon. Thank the gods. I still prefer Y to X, though, design wise, but that ability is awesome.

I saw posts on Tumblr and literally people have been excited. And its ability is showing that this new Mega Charizard X will be one heck of a powerful attacker. Also, I do agree we could be seeing more version-exclusive Mega Evolutions surfacing.

Years
    Of course all of the cool version exclusives go to X (besides Yveltal). This just further accentuates that, and now I'm doubting that I picked the wrong version...

But, to comment on the new Charizard form,

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH GAME FREAK YOU HAVE DONE IT YOU HAVE MADE CHARIZARD PERFECT

I seriously never really liked Charizard before, but its mega evolutions are driving me insane like they are so so so cool (both of them, I do like Mega Charizard Y due to its sleak-ness and better aesthetics). I would marry Game Freak if I could.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Random spikes and a blue flaming mustache need to go before anyone calls it a perfect design.

I'm not a fan of the color either...:V I'm just glad they kept him fat.

Troock

Whatever Forever
    Years
    This is freaking weird, I do not understand why GameFreak would do this.

Okay, so all the Kanto starters got a mega-evolution and it is very likely that one Kanto starter will be given out in the beginning of the game ALONG WITH your Kalos starter. Then they'll also give out a free Torchic with a stone that makes it's last evolution INSANELY powerful. And they're giving a pokémon that is considered the strongest one by many (and even though that is not necessarily true, it's still definitely up there) two mega-evolutions and it'll be very likely that they'll give out the item that makes it evolve into one of those forms for free in each game.

That is all pretty much at once, don't you think? But wait, now let's give Charizard a SECOND mega-evolution, which makes it kind of impossible to not give at least one of the remaining Kanto starters a mega-evolution as well.

Don't you guys think that this is too much at once? Wouldn't it be better to save some of this new stuff for a Pokémon Z or something? I personally do think so.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    This is freaking weird, I do not understand why GameFreak would do this.

Okay, so all the Kanto starters got a mega-evolution and it is very likely that one Kanto starter will be given out in the beginning of the game ALONG WITH your Kalos starter. Then they'll also give out a free Torchic with a stone that makes it's last evolution INSANELY powerful. And they're giving a pokémon that is considered the strongest one by many (and even though that is not necessarily true, it's still definitely up there) two mega-evolutions and it'll be very likely that they'll give out the item that makes it evolve into one of those forms for free in each game.

That is all pretty much at once, don't you think? But wait, now let's give Charizard a SECOND mega-evolution, which makes it kind of impossible to not give at least one of the remaining Kanto starters a mega-evolution as well.

Don't you guys think that this is too much at once? Wouldn't it be better to save some of this new stuff for a Pokémon Z or something? I personally do think so.
    you dont get the kanto immediately its after the first gym and if i remember correctly they start at lvl 10 i myself dont think its too much i mean they could give blastoise and venusaur a second mega in z and/or loads of other pokemon that might not get one in x or y

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    If blastoise and venusaur ever get a second mega later in a giveaway or maybe Z version I guess Blastoise will be Water/Steel and will look more like a tank for venusaur I don't know. But for now it seems all the X exclusive seems to be more Bulky than Y, X seems to be more on Physical attacks and Y more on the special since Mewtwo and Charizard get both a mega that is oriented on Physical moves.

Troock

Whatever Forever
    Years
    After the first gym is still pretty soon in the game though...

Anyway, I just think it would've been better to save some of this for Z. UNLESS of course they add even more stuff like this in Pokémon Z, that would just be incredible. Also, i'm pretty sure that either Blastoise or Venusaur will be given an extra mega-evolution in Pokémon Y, and then the remaining starter will get it in Pokémon Z.

Years
    Do you guys think you can have 2 mega evolutions in a standard battle? I've been planning to use mega blaziken for sure, but I want to have either charizard x or charizard y on my team too

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Do you guys think you can have 2 mega evolutions in a standard battle? I've been planning to use mega blaziken for sure, but I want to have either charizard x or charizard y on my team too
    Nope, you can't for some strange reason.*

*Balancing which is funny.

Back