• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal Lovers Association

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Animal TV shows? I watch a lot of Animal Planet, a channel just for animals :P

Dogs 101 is really fun to watch. You learn a lot about 3 different kind of dogs in every episode. It's really interesting.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Changed the title gif for the group and I must say it looks absolutely relevant now that I look at it. xDD

A quick update on my adoption process for my little Chihuahua. I just found out that I'll have a female! She's spayed, so everything is all good. I might name her Sparkle, not Twilight Sparkle, but just "Sparkle" really strikes me. I would post a picture but my dad has it on his phone and he's sleeping atm, so I'll transfer it tomorrow :3 Not sure when I'll be picking her up, but it's more likely till next week.

Has anyone "adopted" an animal before? If you haven't, do you consider adoption if you're able to in the future?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I love dogs, they're so adorable. Sparkles is a cute name. I like it! :D

I've always wanted to adopt a border collie. I really like black and white animals for some reason. It's something that I can't really explain. I mean the first time I saw this particular breed of dog, my mind screamed: "I want one, now!" But yeah I'll probably wait for a few years before actually getting one. I have way too many pets already, I don't need to add another one. Even if it is the most adorable thing on Earth. :(

tumblr_mjxdbhlBu51ql53jmo1_500_large.jpg

Sooo cute. Just look at it. <3

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Sparkles♥ Nice name!

And the dog I got right now was given to me and my girlfriend by the friend of her little sister :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I love dogs, they're so adorable. Sparkles is a cute name. I like it! :D

I've always wanted to adopt a border collie. I really like black and white animals for some reason. It's something that I can't really explain. I mean the first time I saw this particular breed of dog, my mind screamed: "I want one, now!" But yeah I'll probably wait for a few years before actually getting one. I have way too many pets already, I don't need to add another one. Even if it is the most adorable thing on Earth. :(

Spoiler:

Sooo cute. Just look at it. <3

Border Collies are adorable too! And I heard they're much easier to train as well, so a trip to the dog obedience class is a piece of cake. I also somehow had an obsession with black and white dogs as well...I blame Snoopy. When I was a kid, I wanted a beagle badly and call it Snoopy.

Chihuahuas tend to be more independent and rely on 1-2 people, but I've seen few of them that get along with almost anyone. Others are like "BARK BARK BARK GO AWAY SHE'S MINE YOU GUYS SUCK SHE'S ALL MIIIIINE." The owner of Sparkle gets along with at least four people, and lived with a cat once, so I hope she gets used to my Serafina and Miki!

I think another animal I'd want to adopt is the ferret. But my home state has them illegal, unfortunately, which is one of the reasons why I want to move out of state in the near future. A best friend of mine had ferrets once, and oh my goodness they are the most gorgeous creatures I've ever seen. <333

ferret_2.jpg

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Aw, ferrets! I debated about getting a ferret a few months ago, but I decided with the two kittens around, the house would be in shambles. But ferrets are wickedly adorable and I love them. I live vicariously through people online that I know who have ferrets. They tend to have more than one so the two weasels can keep each other company.

When I was a kid, I wanted a beagle badly and call it Snoopy.
My neighbors across the street have some terrier cross named Snoopy. Since he's a terrier cross, he's rather insane, so the neighborhood heard "Snoopy! SNOOPY!" all day as he ran away from home. But now they trained him better, so he stays in the yard.

My terrier, on the other hand, will go on walks without me. I take her out into the front yard, and she just starts trotting away down the sidewalk without me. But she comes back whenever I call her.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I knew an online friend that had about 5-6 ferrets. It's ferret math, if you own one, you are more likely to add another, because "awww but the little guy needs a buddy!"

I think the only downside to taking care of one is that they sleep about 18 hours a day, so for the most part you might not have as much interaction with them because well...they sleep. xD

I don't have to worry about my Cocker Spaniel because she knows her way home as well. I just yell "Abby!!" and she'll come right home. She's tagged with my address and phone number, so if anyone in the neighborhood finds her, they'll return her...if she gets lost. :)

Years
I want a ferret so much. <333 They are absolutely adorable though I know they can be difficult to take care of as a pet due to their odor, attention needs, etc etc, but I'd love to own one. Sadly they're illegal here in NYC. :(

My cat is so talkative though. He loves to meow when he's around me before plopping down and taking a nap.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
So, we have 3 dogs, Vancy, she's the oldest one, Ember, she's a hybrid of Vancy's breed and a German Shepherd named Neo (who passed away coz of old age) and obviously the offspring, and Toby, who we just got about 5-6 months ago.

Well, I wanted to tell you all that Ember is actually pregnant for a week or so with Toby as the father and we are pretty happy actually :]

I think that the child would still show signs of her grandfather's German Shepherd roots and we are pretty happy. That just means we would have anther dog in our family :/

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Congrats on Ember's pregnancy, Gunner! I'm sure you'll be a wonderful nanny to those puppies! :)

& Cirny, I thought the ferret ban was more of a California/Hawaii thing. Wow, even NYC has them banned too. Honestly it's not as surprising because NYC is such a giant city and the risk for rabies could skyrocket if ferrets become legal again. Hawaii and DC are other places that have state-wide bans as well.

Which...brings me to a new topic! Aside the pets you already have, which other wild animal would you rather have as a pet? This animal should be one that's impossible to keep in your home due to legal issues...or size. xD

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
A spider monkey would be fun to own!

Aside from that, either a raccoon or a fox. It would be fun to have one of those, but I don't want to see one taken out of the wild just to make a human happy.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Aside the pets you already have, which other wild animal would you rather have as a pet?

A GIRAFFE! OR A PANDA! <3 They are tame and cute and very lovable <3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
All of those are great animals to keep as pets! For me, I would say the leopard. Leopards are adorable and they're also protective...but they eat twice as much as we humans do. But they can be pretty soft to cuddle...if they're tame though!

I had a classmate from high school who's currently a photographer at a modeling agency. With his own money, he bought a baby tiger so he could use it for his photo shoots. Sadly after a month he had to return it because it was too much for him to care (having to clean up after it, tearing up furniture, etc)

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Hey guys, I figured I'd joined.
My name is Joey, and I currently have 5 dogs. A beagle, Shepard and lab mix named Dahlia, a Labrador and Rottweiler mix named Zeus, and 3 pure breed labs, 1 black and 2 yellows. The black one is named Haley, and is the mom I the 2 yellows, the older yellow one is named Sierra and the youngest one is Bella. As you can probably tell I'm a dog lover, but I also like cats. I actually had to put my cat down just about 2 months ago. She was 12 when it happened. But it was for the best (she was very sick). But anywho, I love any big cat and wolfs.

With the new topic (it took me a little bit to actually see it; I would want to have a lion as a pet. They are my favorite wild animal.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
AHHHH YOU HAVE A BEAGLE. AHHHH. Pictures if you can, please! <3 Welcome to the club, Joey!

sorry I am just a huge fan of beagles. & I'm terribly sorry about your cat. I'm sure she lived a wonderful life.I think any big cat like the Lion, Jaguar, or the Leopard are some that I'd love to have as pets as well, but we humans are lunch to them. xD

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I think any big cat like the Lion, Jaguar, or the Leopard are some that I'd love to have as pets as well, but we humans are lunch to them. xD

xD that's so true. We are lunch to big cats.

Spoiler:

And here is Dahlia now at 6 years old (I took this picture a few years ago, she's 6 years now, but still looks the same)
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Gonna throw in a new topic, peeps! Do you have a favorite animal movie?

xD that's so true. We are lunch to big cats.

Spoiler:

And here is Dahlia now at 6 years old (I took this picture a few years ago, she's 6 years now, but still looks the same)
Spoiler:

omg, look at that cute doggy! Dahlia looks so adorable <3 Pretty much any dog with floppy ears are dogs that make me go *squee*!. When my grandmother had a beagle back when I was a little girl, all I wanted to do was to play with her ears. xD

lozzop

Monkey slut!
Years
I'm lozzop, and I frickin love animals, all shapes and sizes. My favourite animals are sheep, llamas and giraffes, because they're just so flippin hip. I got two cats, Bobby and Alf :3 If you haven't seen Henri le chat noir then you probably should, because it's hilarious and awesome, the cats on the show are exactly like mine. One is a despressed philosopher, and the other is a shameless imbecile XD Looking forward to joining!

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Do you have a favorite animal movie?
I can't say I have a favorite animal movie but I'd have to say We Bought A Zoo would have to be it. I like that some of the movie is done around some of the animals, like with Spar the tiger.

Back