• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal Lovers Association

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Reason why I asked is because I just watched Life of Pi on my DVR a little while ago. I cried, it had the most beautiful story of a boy who lost his family, but had to survive at sea with a tiger. If you haven't seen the movie or read the book, I recommend it. It is so amaaaazing. <3

Other movies I do like are March of the Penguins (obviously my favorite), and Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course. Probs one of the greatest movies made by the late Steve Irwin.

I'm lozzop, and I frickin love animals, all shapes and sizes. My favourite animals are sheep, llamas and giraffes, because they're just so flippin hip. I got two cats, Bobby and Alf :3 If you haven't seen Henri le chat noir then you probably should, because it's hilarious and awesome, the cats on the show are exactly like mine. One is a despressed philosopher, and the other is a shameless imbecile XD Looking forward to joining!

Welcome aboard, lozzop! You joined a group where we love all kinds of animals! <3 I have never heard of that movie myself, and I'm curious because if a movie has both animals and hilarity, is something that peaks my interest so much! I'll see if I can watch it.

Do you have a favorite animal movie?
I can't say I have a favorite animal movie but I'd have to say We Bought A Zoo would have to be it. I like that some of the movie is done around some of the animals, like with Spar the tiger.

Any movie that was based on a true story are also my favorites, and We Bought A Zoo was a movie I liked as well. I also enjoyed how it was done around actual animals as well. :)

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Reason why I asked is because I just watched Life of Pi on my DVR a little while ago. I cried, it had the most beautiful story of a boy who lost his family, but had to survive at sea with a tiger. If you haven't seen the movie or read the book, I recommend it. It is so amaaaazing. <3
I saw The Life Of Pi a few months ago. I thought it was a good movie. And it was sad.
I mean, it kinda makes you think (or atleast it made me think) about how life would be different if that happened to someone you knew or your self.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
It's not my dog, but I just found it really touching. Let's go on a feels trip, shall we, guys?

1530540_342305485909576_301112522_n.jpg

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Agh, Jz...that's the most feel-wrenching picture ever imo ;;

I've had many pets for most of my life, and I've given so much of my time towards them. I love my animals as if they're my children. <3 *hugs her two doggies and kitties* I love them so much!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I really don't see myself living without my dog. I'd be so devastated living without him ='(

He's like my baby ♥

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
That's so cute, Veni! <3

I've been looking at cat gifs all day today. That's primarily one of things I do when I'm bored on the internet and have nothing else to do around. xD It's actually a lot better than videos. Vines kinda count towards gifs too, but they have sound which is better x)

This is probably my favorite for today.

tumblr_mze5ogC6SH1t9gay8o1_500.gif

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
That's so cute, Veni! <3

I've been looking at cat gifs all day today. That's primarily one of things I do when I'm bored on the internet and have nothing else to do around. xD It's actually a lot better than videos. Vines kinda count towards gifs too, but they have sound which is better x)

This is probably my favorite for today.

tumblr_mze5ogC6SH1t9gay8o1_500.gif
Yeah I seen that one. It was one of my favorites.

And you can call me Joey. I prefer to be called by my actual name. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
My favorite animal movie is probably Disney's Bolt. When it was released, my family had just gotten a dog that looks a lot like Bolt, and I had a hamster that reminded me of Rhino, the hamster in the movie. It's just a fun movie with an ending that makes me cry and reminds me of the devotion our pets have for us.

I've been sitting on this cat gif for a while, wondering if I'd ever have a chance to use it.
NCntptj.gif

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Updated OP!

So this morning, I couldn't get up from bed because I had a puppy and two cats sleeping on it. And if I move a muscle, they would growl and keep me tight. xD Goodness, I love my animals so much. xD Has anyone had that happen before?

/saves gif. I want to use that for future references, Asty. :D

Also, THIS better crack a smile today. Isn't that like...the best doggy gif ever? It was just reblogged.

tumblr_maigspWJDi1r3gb3zo1_250.gif

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
^ LMFAO. Nice eyes! xD

Sometimes when I'm sleeping and my dog comes on my bed. I try not to move a lot for to not wake him up since he gets woken up easily xD

But in the morning, his body ends up on my face anyways, he's the one moving so much at night ahah -.-

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I had Bentley in his donut bed next to me every night. But every morning, he's either squished under my blankets or they're fighting for a spot between my cats (they usually sleep on my bed every other night). It's a funny scene to wake up to every morning. lmao.

They can be so cuddly but dayum could really use some space, yeah? xD

Oh also, have I introduced you all to Bentley? He was supposed to be "Sparkle" but the previous owners whom I adopted from made a mistake on the gender. ;; Oh well! Least I found a name for him afterwards! :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Animals fan club? Yes please, sign me up.

My name is Karen, or Nerakil on the forums, and I'm so glad there are so many pet owners here. I've had dogs in my home since I was born, and I currently have an adorable 14 year old Yorkie named Mocha. :)

I volunteer at the SPCA on Saturdays, sometimes it's hard not to take them all home (last weekend the most adorable Bernese mountain dog x husky puppies came to our branch - they were just the sweetest things). I'll probably be sharing a lot of stuff from the shelter - I think this'll be a good outlet for that, since people tend to think I'm some crazy pet lady if I keep showing them pictures on my phone or telling them what happened at the shelter. :P

---

Anyway, it's 3:22AM and my dog is snoring so incredibly loudly.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
View attachment 70675 :) I really like this picture.

And in the thumbnail, that's one of my other dogs.

Awww Joey, your have such adorable doggies there! :3

Animals fan club? Yes please, sign me up.

My name is Karen, or Nerakil on the forums, and I'm so glad there are so many pet owners here. I've had dogs in my home since I was born, and I currently have an adorable 14 year old Yorkie named Mocha. :)

I volunteer at the SPCA on Saturdays, sometimes it's hard not to take them all home (last weekend the most adorable Bernese mountain dog x husky puppies came to our branch - they were just the sweetest things). I'll probably be sharing a lot of stuff from the shelter - I think this'll be a good outlet for that, since people tend to think I'm some crazy pet lady if I keep showing them pictures on my phone or telling them what happened at the shelter. :P

---

Anyway, it's 3:22AM and my dog is snoring so incredibly loudly.

Welcome to the club, Karen! It's so wonderful to see a fellow animal lover like you! You are more than welcome to join us.

I used to do some volunteering at the animal shelter in Mexico when I was in high school. Honestly it was the best experience ever. There were sooo many animals there that were abandoned by their owners and were rescued from the streets. That's where I adopted my first cat, Serafina. She was born there from a mother cat who got pregnant by another alley cat and was rescued. My experience there was unforgettable. Like...wow.

Abby, my Cocker Spaniel, is always awake at 3 am. My next door neighbors are all-nighters, so every time she hears something, she BARKS. I'm used to it now, but it was hard to get used to it at first when we first moved in the neighborhood. ;;

Oh, we're all crazy for animals here too, so don't feel shy! You can show all the pics you want here. That's what the group is all about isn't it?

Guys, to flesh out the group a little (and I'm so glad we have a decent memberbase, yay!) I was thinking of creating a little section in the OP where we can post pictures of our animals or pets, yeah? Kinda like a gallery or something. What do you guys think? :3

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Guys, to flesh out the group a little (and I'm so glad we have a decent memberbase, yay!) I was thinking of creating a little section in the OP where we can post pictures of our animals or pets, yeah? Kinda like a gallery or something. What do you guys think? :3

I like the idea. It would be interesting to see everyone's pets.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, unspayed/homeless cats are definitely a huge problem, we get unwanted litters of kittens every week from people who let their cats out but don't have them neutered first. It's good so many of them get rehomed though. :)

My dog used to be like that too, but as she's a lot older now she's just more mellow (and I suspect a little deaf). Now she just sleeps day in and out, haha.

I definitely like the idea of sharing pictures of our pets - I'll see if I can dig up anything from my Photobucket. Spoiler-tagging them since they're pretty big.

Spoiler:

Oh! Also, I found this article today, pretty interesting/amusing, give it a read if you guys are bored. :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, unspayed/homeless cats are definitely a huge problem, we get unwanted litters of kittens every week from people who let their cats out but don't have them neutered first. It's good so many of them get rehomed though. :)

My dog used to be like that too, but as she's a lot older now she's just more mellow (and I suspect a little deaf). Now she just sleeps day in and out, haha.

I definitely like the idea of sharing pictures of our pets - I'll see if I can dig up anything from my Photobucket. Spoiler-tagging them since they're pretty big.

Spoiler:

Oh! Also, I found this article today, pretty interesting/amusing, give it a read if you guys are bored. :P

She's so photogenic omg! So adorable <3

Ahh yeah. Both of my cats are spayed. My oldest one had kittens three times. After that I thought it was enough, and I didn't want to go through the same thing with my youngest one. All of the kittens that were born/brought in there were adopted, thankfully. So amazing to see such amazing pet owners and animal lovers out there.

Alright then! I'll add in that gallery asap! I'll dig in through my pictures for all of my pets as well. :)

The fact that Basset Hounds can catch & trap scents could actually be lifesaving for several reasons. If they can pick up, for example, smoke from a fire, or a weird smell that we humans can't notice it right away, they might be able to alert us before anything bad ever happens. Great article, btw! :3

Back