• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Anime] Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Heh, I guess neither Unown_, Vernikova or Hirro cared. This sections under new management now though, so maybe Kirbychu is gonna spoil our fun :O~
    >__>
    <__<

I'm watching you, Kirbychu......
    Well I don't think any Negai fan think Iris admires Ash. In my opinion, I think it's because they fit so well together. They are just so well alike, even Dento has pointed it out before.

Iris admires Ash. Shut up and live with it XD

You guys are strange.. You don't even talk about shipping half the time. XD
    It's sorta traditional to drift off topic sometimes here XD We're not SPPF
    Iris admiring Ash? Well, I don't remember.. Oh yes! During the gym battle, she was kinda. (lmao, I understood no word that she said.)
    I know~
    I didn't see a great deal about Ash x Iris. Maybe, Iris admire Ash a little, but I don't think it'll got deeper than that. Ash, of course, is dense as a brick...
    We can hope and pray if this series is the last, though~

Jorah may have gotten the 1000th post, but I get the 1000th reply XD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Mew~ said:
    Heh, I guess neither Unown_, Vernikova or Hirro cared. This sections under new management now though, so maybe Kirbychu is gonna spoil our fun :O~.

I cared much more than the other ones did. Example one. I certainly cared much more. Example two.

Jorah said:
    You get two ^^ It's not like someone is actually going to come out and say "no"...

I wish someone did.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    OK, I just watched the episode where Kenny wants Dawn to join him (I'm really behind with the dub), and I want to talk about shipping. Now I've seen this episode in English, that whole thing is awkward. Out of nowhere Kenny wants Dawn to join him if he wins the battle, and Dawn's like "um, right". She's a little concerned throughout the episode, but not enough to actually tell him in person that she doesn't want to travel around with him. It was like she thought it was too much bother to be awkward at saying she didn't want to travel with him, so just wrote the letter and was like "lol bye". Why would Kenny even think she would be waiting for him by the lighthouse just because he won that battle? She didn't even care. There wasn't even a reason given why Dawn would want to travel with Kenny. How random. At least Kenny said a few shippy things like "I just want to tell you how I feel", even though shipping at this point seems pointless. Dawn randomly says he looked handsome when he won against Ash...this is so pale in comparison to Contestshipping. Oh, shipping, Pokemon style.

I've finished my little rant now...

I wish someone did.

Why?

Last edited:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    So can I be the one who says 'no'? C:

-minirant about Penguinshipping-

Maybe Dawn thought she didn't want to hurt his feelings just by telling him?

Ugh, you know what? Kenny's so selfish because he told Dawn he's going to have her travel with him if he wins the battle, and there's nothing she could say about it. He deserved the rejection if you ask me. >U
    (hey wait haven't I said this a few months ago?)

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Hmm... as I said last month, it was indeed a petty big blow to Kenny, and I found it funny how much misery he took during the episode XD

And I'll quote myself, that episode was like a plot to a Mexican Novela~ lol

And right, I think Dawn was just trying to be nice in putting Kenny down. Americans do it all the time!... sort of.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    I didn't like how the dub turned out either. During the battle between Ash and Kenny, it seemed that the artists pulled a "cut-and-paste" on Dawn and put her there. And her line even sounded like she was not really supposed to be there but is there for the heck of it...

And after all that, why did she add that P.S.? It's more like POS. What was that supposed to mean? "Ehehehe, hope you do well, Kenny! Btw, you looked handsome. Bye!" -_- Neither here or there. The whole letter sounded like against Penguin, but the end was moving towards it.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    Yeah, I saw that episode kind of recently too and I thought it was kind of flat, like they were fitting in 3 episodes worth of drama in one. Honestly, though, from the way people were talking, I was expecting more things that could be construed as Pearlshipping hints, but there weren't many. I feel like Ash was hardly in it. I know Dawn said stuff like "All I can think about is cheering Ash on" but that seemed so mild, and he obviously had no clue. Which I'm glad about, but it felt a bit outta no where, like you were saying.

I was also bothered by the fact that Dawn and Kenny had a conversation across an ocean at the end. And that she went on the other side of the boat and Ash and Brock were like, "What have you been up to?" Did they not recognize that screamed-across-the-world voice as hers? X]

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I was also bothered by the fact that Dawn and Kenny had a conversation across an ocean at the end. And that she went on the other side of the boat and Ash and Brock were like, "What have you been up to?" Did they not recognize that screamed-across-the-world voice as hers? X]

Clearly, sounds waves travel in a straight line in Pokemon. This is why Happiny can pick up frozen rivers.

And after all that, why did she add that P.S.? It's more like POS. What was that supposed to mean? "Ehehehe, hope you do well, Kenny! Btw, you looked handsome. Bye!" -_- Neither here or there. The whole letter sounded like against Penguin, but the end was moving towards it.

Actually, everything was Anti-pengiun in a general case. The end was just a softener, as I said, American girls use it all the time. Even I was victim of those things >__>

In any case, someone bring me a Penguinshipper so I can laugh in his/her face for the next 3 days.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    How is that a softener? o.o That sounds more like false hope/leading someone on to me...

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    EDIT: I'm such an idiot... -slaps forehead-

My bet is that they're trying to fuel Penguinshipping fans, then let them down very hard. I mean, suddenly pulling an obvious Pearlshipping hint or something.
    Yeah. Reminds me of Pokeshipping with the dubbers.

Last edited:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Penguinshipping? o_O; And I thought Bodyslamshipping was a weird name...

You are terrible at taking hints. Or I'm terrible at giving them out. .-.

They have Pokemon of the Piplup evo line, that's why they have a pairing name like that. It's not really that weird.

...you're terrible at giving them out! >U And, well, I'm bad at taking hints, too.
    You should really have bluntly said who you were right then and there...! -slaps forehead-

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    People, just a little notice, I'm subscribed to this thread by E-mail. So I can read what you orignally posted, so there is no point in editing your posts.

Yes Azumi, that means I was this close to swoop down on you. XD

How is that a softener? o.o That sounds more like false hope/leading someone on to me...

Oh no, it's an all american softener.

EDIT: I'm such an idiot... -slaps forehead-

My bet is that they're trying to fuel Penguinshipping fans, then let them down very hard. I mean, suddenly pulling an obvious Pearlshipping hint or something.
    Yeah. Reminds me of Pokeshipping with the dubbers.
    Yes you are~

And this was done with only Penguinshipping. Why. Because Penguinshippers were dumb enough to support pairing a seriously immature 10 year old with a hot one. Just like Pokeshipping, Advanceshipping, Pearlshipping, Negaishipping.........

Gawd, where's my life ;_;

Lol, Penguinshipping sounds like the name of a truck that would carry those Mexican Penguino cakes XD

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    AdvancedK47 said:
    Actually, everything was Anti-pengiun in a general case. The end was just a softener, as I said, American girls use it all the time. Even I was victim of those things >__>

How was it anti-penguin? I thought Dawn had no interest in Kenny deeper than the rivalry. What about the end? It's used to make shippers think that there is a chance. False?

Oh no, it's an all american softener.

She doesn't understand the meaning of "all-american".

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years

Yes you are~

And this was done with only Penguinshipping. Why. Because Penguinshippers were dumb enough to support pairing a seriously immature 10 year old with a hot one. Just like Pokeshipping, Advanceshipping, Pearlshipping, Negaishipping.........

Gawd, where's my life ;_;

Okay, you're seriously freaking me out now. What good does it bring you by "swooping down on me"? ;_;

...hey stfu man >U

There's so many shippings in Pokemon that could be applied to this. Every ship with Ash, every ship with Kenny, heck, every ship with the resident douchebag in Sinnoh whose name I cringe every time I say/see/hear the name...

Hey, do we actually have girls who are oblivious to love/romance in Pokemon, anyway?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    How was it anti-penguin? I thought Dawn had no interest in Kenny deeper than the rivalry. What about the end? It's used to make shippers think that there is a chance. False?

She doesn't understand the meaning of "all-american".
    No, it's not to give the shippers opportunity, it's to make it look like the blow to Kenny wasn't so freaking bad XD

I think Jorah's talked to me long enough to get what "All American" is XD

Okay, you're seriously freaking me out now. What good does it bring you by "swooping down on me"? ;_;

...hey stfu man >U

There's so many shippings in Pokemon that could be applied to this. Every ship with Ash, every ship with Kenny, heck, every ship with the resident douchebag in Sinnoh whose name I cringe every time I say/see/hear the name...

Hey, do we actually have girls who are oblivious to love/romance in Pokemon, anyway?
    Don't be! >__> I meant that as a metaphor to swoop you away from your single-hood. Looks like that's never gonna happen now XP

no u stfu

Spoiler:

Dawn was a so-so in that. Other wise: ¯\(º_o)/¯

Years

...you're terrible at giving them out! >U And, well, I'm bad at taking hints, too.
    You should really have bluntly said who you were right then and there...! -slaps forehead-
    -_-

People, just a little notice, I'm subscribed to this thread by E-mail. So I can read what you orignally posted, so there is no point in editing your posts.

Azumi... You should be grateful to me that I rescued you from the evil one just in time~ :P

Yes you are~
    HEY YOU! >O

Nope, they desire romance~!! The guys are really stupid enough not to get their hints. >_>

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Don't be! >__> I meant that as a metaphor to swoop you away from your single-hood. Looks like that's never gonna happen now XP

no u stfu

Dawn was a so-so in that. Other wise: ¯\(º_o)/¯

...you're still kinda freaking me out. ;u;

oh u <3

-ignores that name-

Well, that's strange. I'm sure there are some girls who are oblivious to love... Not speaking about Dawn though...

Azumi... You should be grateful to me that I rescued you from the evil one just in time~ :P

HEY YOU! >O

Nope, they desire romance~!! The guys are really stupid enough not to get their hints. >_>

Um, thank you? You never told me you left your old account though...

oh u
    It's okay, sometimes I really am lol xD

...yeah, you COULD say that. But I just want to know since there are some other anime girls who... don't really know they're in love or something. You know?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back