• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime you cannot stand!

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
Years
  • Boys Be...
    Furi Kuri
    Ghost In The Shell
    Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
    Serial Experiments Lain
    Shakugan no Shana
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Wedding Peach
    Air
    Clannad
    Kanon
    Ah My Goddess!
    ef - a tale of memories
    Sketchbook full colors
    Loveless (Not into Boy x Boy)
    Memories Off

Edit:
    Dragonball Z

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Big O
    Furi Kuri
    Azumanga Daiou
    Lucky Star
    Ghost in the Shell
    Gundam (Some of them..)

That's all that comes to mind right now.

There are some others that I don't care to see or read, EVER.
    But I won't list them, since I haven't seen them.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Does every single anime count? (>3>)

Nah, there are a few good ones and there's not really any I can't stand, it's just that I don't think I'll ever watch some of them unless I have absolutely nothing to do. In general, anime adaptions of long running series are my fandom's kryptonite.

• Air Gear
    • Beck
    • BLEACH
    • Clannad
    • Code Geass
    • D.N.Angel
    • Excel Saga
    • Fate/stay night
    • Grenadier
    • Inuyasha
    • Kemeko DX
    • Mobile Suit Gundam
    • Naruto
    • School Days
    • Soul Eater
    • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    • Vampire Knight
    • Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
    Those are off the top of my head, although I should note that some of their manga counterparts I read, seeing as how it's original and just a lot faster.

Last edited:

pidge14

pidge14 has evolved into Peejeotto!
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Dec 19, 2019
    witch hunter robin. ugh so awful. i gave that a serious chance too.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Code Geass
    Naruto
    Dragon Ball
    Ghost In The Shell
    Inuyasha
    Lucky Star
    Gundam
    Rave Master
    Descendants of Darkness
    School Days

These are just general series, franchises, etc. I'm probably forgetting some shows right now as well.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • Pani Poni Dash (O.o Its really WTF.)
    Gurren Lagann (Only because of the constant references to it I hear made me hate it..)
    Dragon Ball Z (TOO STRETCHED OUT. And HORRID plot.)
    Yugioh (Also too stretched out.)
    Naruto (See: Above 2)

Thats about it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Pretty much just Bobobobo seemed to me there was no plot what so ever supposedly there was according to some people but that plot is way above me then.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • Bobobo
    School Days
    Naruto
    Code Geass
    Chaos Head
    Suzuka
    Macross Frontier
    Gundam 00
    Vampire Knight

Finnel

Years
  • Lucky Star - Little girls who are supposedly 18 walking around making cuh-raaazy japanese culture references and attempting to do humor without a plot, for 24 episodes. What do you mean it's not a show for pedophiles and retards?
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Decent anime worshipped by too many people as some kind of work of god. Dislike Haruhi? omg ur just jelous.
    Code Geass - Terrible plot, terrible characters, terrible character and mecha designs, all around pretty damn terrible anime. Oh, everyone loves it. Ok.
    Gundam 00 - Extremely feminine guys to the point where I thought all of them were lesbians, flying around in their pink mechas trying to be good guys when it turns out they're terrorists in the end. This is a great idea.
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Kind of okay crap GAINAX pooped out because they needed more money. OMG BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU XDDD GIGAAA DRIIIILLL BREAKAAAAAAAAAAAR >=D
    I hate fans.
    Fate/Stay Night - Half-decent plot. Terrible, TERRIBLE characters. Apparently it's the best thing Nasu has ever written.
    Vampire Knight - Twilight: The Movie: The Animation.
    Air Gear - Hmm, this thing has a pretty neat concept, I wonder what i- Oh, pantyshots and poopie jokes everywhere. Great.
    Kanon - I don't mind CLANNAD and Air, but this one is just... Bad. Half-recycled plot for all five girls, terrible art, (the original) and one of the worst lead heroines ever. Am I cute uguu? XD

Probably more, can't think of them right now.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Ninku - What the f- What's the point of this anime? Just some ninjas using the wind and crappy stuff?
    Naruto - There's too many filler episodes. I mean, you just talk about Sasuke's past and you need 3 episodes before you get to the main plot? Damn.
    Gundam (EVERYTHING ABOUT IT) - Oh, some mechas (I like the mechas, though...) flying around space and killing everyone off? Oh, no, no thanks, Bandai. As much as I like the mechas, the plot makes it ugly. Uuuuuugh.

And...
    FullMetal Alchemist - They killed off Maes Hughes and almost made me cry. This is a joke.

EDIT: Ah, I forgot.
    Dragon Ball - DON'T ASK. I mean it.

Last edited:

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • lol Makku, the way you talk makes it seems like you hate the fandom only, not the anime themselves.

Anyway;

Naruto - It's just so overrated. I mean, I don't think it's the worst thing ever coinceived, but it's nowhere near good. And all the characters suck.
    Vampire Knight - Basically what Makku said, except it's even worse than the Twilight series.
    Neo Genesis Evangelion - Again, waaaaay overrated. There are very few things to like about this anime, and if you managed to watch until the end, you weren't rewarded with a good ending at all. It's not open, it's not definite, it's just messy and stupid.

I guess that's it basically. I'm not a hateful person when it comes to anime- there are many series I dislike, but these three are the only ones (that I can think of right now) I can't stand.

Years
  • Serial Experiments Lain

What's so bad about Serial Experiments Lain? =(

I don't really understand the level of hype around a couple of series - Naruto, One Piece and Bleach instantly come to mind. I've also given Code Geass a try in the past, and was really uninterested in it. Perhaps unfortunately for me it would appear to be the Twilight of anime, and I'll now be flamed for it. =|

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - I actually gave it a chance and I still regret it. I'd rip my eyes out if I had to watch it again. :|
    Vampire Knight - Twilight clone.

Last edited:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    • Loveless - Sorry, but I'm not into that piece of.... trash.

Seriously, some of my girl friends want me to read that stuff. [/shivers]

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
  • Oh, my, you're probably gonna kill me for this, but...

-Naruto: Too popular, too many fillers, etc.
    -Furuba/Fruits Basket: Same reason, minus the fillers part, plus, I'm more of an action person now says the one who watches Kodomo no Jikan
    -Practically any Mecha Anime: I just don't like mechas, though I'll continue to watch Gurren Lagann.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Spoiler:
    Well then, I guess I must be a pariah for actually liking those.

In any case, I'm actually quite tolerant of most anime. Of the series I've seen, there are only a few that I genuinely can't stand:
    • Fruits Basket
    • InuYasha
    • Naruto
    • One Piece
    • Ouran High School Host Club
    • The Dragon Ball and Pokémon franchises
    There are also other shows that I won't touch simply on general principle alone, but I won't go into those.

Years
  • As for Anime, my top would be the filler parts in Naruto. They just piss me off because:
    A: They have NOTHING to do with the friggin' series!
    B: It makes up things about some of the character's pasts that aren't even true
    C: Sometimes it messes up the story
    So yeah...I love Naruto though (the manga I mean) don't get me wrong :) The anime just bugs me sometimes with all the fillers. Otherwise, I guess I don't mind it too much.

Back